Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you accpet the FBI results?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 04:09 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

I ask the MODs to keep this separate.

Simple question, yes or no. If the FBI finds nothing (or any variation of nothing"), will those that support Dr. Ford accept the results?

Last edited by chucksnee; 09-30-2018 at 04:26 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 04:14 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
I doubt it.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:16 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Even if they don't, they are already saying he isn't qualified because of ____________ fill in the blank other lame reason even though he was voted up in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Guarantee they are preparing their next sleazeball strategy even now.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:17 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Accepting if they do not find anything that supports her accusation? Sure. It's been thirty-five or so years. If someone asked me if I recalled details from a high school party I attended three decades ago, I doubt I'd be able to confirm or deny events either. Does that mean I do not believe her account? No. I absolutely do believe her. But I am not hopeful that the investigation will reveal anything we don't already know.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I ask the MODs to keep this separate.

Simple question, yes or no. If the FBI finds nothing (or any variation of nothing"), will those that support Dr. Ford accept the results?
I don't 'support' Dr Ford. It isn't about support. She is not nominated for the Supreme Court.

I think that she gave a very compelling testimony, quite believable. The FBI is very credible (contrary to what Trump says) and I would be able to accept whatever information they can discern. I think their mandate should include examining all three known claims. It should not be hard to do, they could interview people of interest and any corroborators, and report on it. They should take the time to do it right, and I can accept whatever they say.

I wonder if any detractors of Dr Ford would be able to accept the results, and if they deem the FBI credible enough to report on Dr Ford, are they credible enough to report on the Trump campaign?

BTW, you should have made this a poll where we can see the respondent's names.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't 'support' Dr Ford. It isn't about support. She is not nominated for the Supreme Court.

I think that she gave a very compelling testimony, quite believable. The FBI is very credible (contrary to what Trump says) and I would be able to accept whatever information they can discern. I think their mandate should include examining all three known claims. It should not be hard to do, they could interview people of interest and any corroborators, and report on it. They should take the time to do it right, and I can accept whatever they say.

I wonder if any detractors of Dr Ford would be able to accept the results, and if they deem the FBI credible enough to report on Dr Ford, are they credible enough to report on the Trump campaign?

Thank you for your response, but to the bold.

So, you agree with a female, that went to at least 10 parties, all the while knowing and seeing girls being raped, knowing the punch bowl has been spiked, and she still goes back to these parties?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Even if they don't, they are already saying he isn't qualified because of ____________ fill in the blank other lame reason even though he was voted up in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Guarantee they are preparing their next sleazeball strategy even now.
There was no attempt on the president's part to find a candidate acceptable to both parties, so the Democrats are under no obligation to support someone like that.

Merrick Garland was a moderate individual, and many liberals were upset with the choice, but president Obama was making an effort to find someone Republicans as well as Democrats can support. That's what being a president for all of the people actually looks like ...

Old 09-30-2018, 04:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
No one will support the FBI investigation. There is no way they can make any determination about 36 year old events, there is no physical evidence and any witnesses are biased by political motives or friendships to those involved. On top of that many of the witnesses may have been consuming alcohol possibly impairing their ability to accurately report what happened. I would hate to be in the position of the FBI, way too much being expected here. It’s another he said, she said and there is no way to prove or disprove her allegations. After all the estrogen fueled emotional tears logic says the Judge is an innocent man who is a victim of a viscous political attack. The vote to confirm him should occur quickly IMO.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thank you for your response, but to the bold.

So, you agree with a female, that went to at least 10 parties, all the while knowing and seeing girls being raped, knowing the punch bowl has been spiked, and she still goes back to these parties?
I don't 'agree' with anything.

There are three claims, I think they should all be examined without prejudice. No so hard ...

Old 09-30-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't 'agree' with anything.

There are three claims, I think they should all be examined without prejudice. No so hard ...

Yes you do. You say it very clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies