U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be better off now if Hillary had been elected in Nov. 2016, than you actually are?
Yes 19 28.36%
No 8 11.94%
Hell no 32 47.76%
Are you kidding? 7 10.45%
Who's "Hillary"? 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 09:17 PM

4,015 posts, read 970,993 times

Advertisements

You've gotten a pretty good sample of what she promises, what she delivers, and the differences between the two.

You can guess what shape the country would be in if she'd won. Would you be better off if she had won, instead of President Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 09:23 PM

20,809 posts, read 41,488,656 times
As an investor, I would be WAY better off had Hillary been elected.

Trump and his stupid tariffs are causing confidence problems in the stock market.

The tax legislation has INCREASED my taxes.

Future debt and deficits caused by the IRRESPONSIBLE tax legislation will cause Congress to look once again at cutting Medicare and SS benefits.

Tariffs are already causing layoffs, cancellation of business expansion, unemployment, and eventually business closures.

Trump has systematically undermined SS and Medicare, US fiscal soundness, business expansion and growth - and alienated our allies - causing us to be far more vulnerable to terrorism and other calamities.

We ALL would have been much better off with Hillary.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:33 PM

7,105 posts, read 2,217,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Trump and his stupid tariffs are causing confidence problems in the stock market.

Future debt and deficits caused by the IRRESPONSIBLE tax legislation will cause Congress to look once again at cutting Medicare and SS benefits.

Tariffs will are already causing layoffs, cancellation of business expansion, unemployment, and eventually business closures.

Trump has systematically undermined SS and Medicare, US fiscal soundness, business expansion and growth - and alienated our allies - causing us to be far more vulnerable to terrorism and other calamities.

Everyone in the world would be much better off and have more secure futures, if HRC had not had the election stolen by criminals both within and outside our country.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,112,741 times
Quote:

Tariffs are already causing layoffs, cancellation of business expansion, unemployment, and eventually business closures.

Believing that means that, not only are you NOT really an investor, you may not even be very intelligent..
It's hard to be 100% wrong, but you have managed it... Good work, Dem...!!
Even if Trump were half as bad as the ignorant dems like to pretend, he saved the world by dumping crooked hillary. If he were to accomplish nothing else in his eight years, that is monumental in it's self. He saved the world from hillary and the democrats...

Old 09-16-2018, 09:38 PM

5,821 posts, read 3,363,690 times
So, you created a poll, with one 'yes' option and the other 4 are essentially all 'no'.

Seems completely unbiased and non-partisan.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 PM

1,544 posts, read 546,050 times
OP is kiddin right?

Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,639,708 times
My personal fortunes don’t rise or fall based on the occupant of the White House.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,679,696 times
Quote:

WOW....just WOW! I've done pretty well...as have my employees!

Old 09-16-2018, 09:52 PM

11,373 posts, read 7,416,523 times
Wouldn't'a made much difference, I guess.
I am happier not hearing her screech away every day, but I don't know if I'm exactly better off.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:03 PM

20,809 posts, read 41,488,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
WOW....just WOW! I've done pretty well...as have my employees!
Illusory and temporary sugar high. As a business person, you should be well aware of the pitfalls of borrowing against the future - which is what our government is doing - big time:

Quote:
The deficit - the amount that Washington’s spending exceeds its revenues - will expand to $804 billion in fiscal 2018, which ends on Sept. 30, up from $665 billion in fiscal 2017, CBO said.

Real GDP will grow by 3.3 percent in 2018; 2.4 percent in 2019; and 1.8 percent in 2020, it said.

But those growth rates will not offset the deficits, which will “increase rapidly this year and over the next few years,” then stabilize, resulting in a projected cumulative deficit of $11.7 trillion for 2018-2027, CBO forecast.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HG2RW
The chickens are coming home to roost beginning next year. The erratic stock market, flat bond markets, and flattening of the yield curve are harbingers.

Suggest you look to cost-cutting now and build up your reserves. You will need them.

And, tell your employees to cut debt, live below their means, and save for a rainy day. Unemployment checks don't cover very much and, in some states, stop after only 12 weeks.

There are many stories in states affected by tariffs of business expansions now on hold, layoffs, and worse. Don't be fooled.

If you've been in business a while, I'm sure you know all these things - unless you are one of the lucky ones whose business is never affected by bad times.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-16-2018 at 10:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or