U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 11:13 AM

6,475 posts, read 2,283,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So now I'm a Trump supporter?

What does that term mean to you anyway? Or is it just a throw away line for you, like a curse word to try and demean anyone you perceive as a disagreeing with your political views??

Biden targets people like you, because he knows you will faithfully disparage people for him, and continue shredding our society, with this destructive "us versus them" mentality.

To the Left, a Trump supporter is anyone who doesn't parrot Left Wing talking points and doesn't believe that Trump is literally Hitler.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 11:21 AM

7,256 posts, read 3,310,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Joe speaking to his base. I guess the left will never figure out that preaching to the choir does not get you any new members. Insulting people doesn't win anyone over.
Trump supporters need to hear this more than anyone. They think we've seen a cultural shift in this country and most people are suddenly on the side of the racists, xenophobes, homophobes, and theocrats with a common goal of a 1950s utopia. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 AM

30,717 posts, read 9,178,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I know Joe Biden is the best bet the democrats have but I'm not sure he would do as well you would think.

He's the best?

Please, please let him run.

Joe Biden Calls Trump Supporters ‘The Dregs Of Society’ In Speech-diizepywsae9kqf.jpg

Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 AM

38,834 posts, read 38,054,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Doesn’t he realize Hillary’s deplorable comment was a part of why she lost ?

Now Joe Biden is doubling down . Such a desperate guy .

—-
During a speech this weekend – for the Human Rights Campaign of all things – he referred to Trump supporters as the dregs of society. That’s a step below deplorables, isn’t it?

He also told the crowd of LBGT supporters that they have a fight ahead of them, point out it’s those against them who have a friend in the Trump.

Link
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-speech-video/
I was just thinking as I read the title that good god why would he say that. Hilary took a vicious beatin over that comment as she should have, in my opinion. I didn't even vote for Trump but to make a statement like that was just factually incorrect, let alone rude and flat out politically stupid as all get out. LOL.

I saw a clip of Biden talking about why he thinks Clinton lost and in this brief clip he nailed it pretty good actually. This was a good while back. This one clip I'm talking about, not maybe everything else he's might have said. He actually had a moment of rationality in that clip.

For him to now start up with this nonsense is silly. I'm sure he's just playing to the far left and trying to stay relevant.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:37 AM

35 posts, read 5,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh please, save it. The words of a trump supporter are irrelevant.
Yes, so irrelevant, that the Trump supporters just might reelect him for President.
It was this type of thinking from those on the left that got President Trump elected in the first place.
Thank you.....to quote another poster...carry on.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM

6,964 posts, read 2,052,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There are a small percentage of Obama/Hillary supporters that are racist as well.

You can cherry-pick any segment of society and try to characterize it anyway you want ....doesn't really mean anything.

How many people came out to vote for Obama for no other reason than he's black?
Not many. Most people voted for him because he and Biden were the better choices. McCain was screwed over by Palin. He had a chance at winning if not for her.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:51 AM

5,640 posts, read 5,548,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Biden knows you don't know who these people are that he's referring to, so ALL of the people who offer support for any Trump policy are painted as dredges.

Okay, let's have a little test, shall we? So tell me, which Trump supporters do you and Biden believe are not "dredges," or fit into the "basket of horribles?"
To the bolded. That is all in your head and nobody else's. You took a backdoor way to rationalize the fact that right wingers will SAY that all Biden said "all".

Biden said "virulent", so I would assume that he meant the usual suspects. Sort of the right's equivalent of Antifa.

Which is why you don't have a point. Are you guys able to tell the difference between Antifa kooks and the rest of the "leftists"? If you can, I think it's fair to say the "leftists" can tell the difference between you and the extremists on the right. But instead you are just as likely to that ALL "leftists" support Antifa, but that YOU don't support the so called deplorables.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:22 PM

38,050 posts, read 19,025,070 times
Quote:
Insinuating that blacks can't get through life without the help of the democrats and liberals sounds really racist to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Where did I say that all the people who voted for Obama because he was black were all actually black?

Plenty of white guilt Libs voted for him just because he was black too.

And do you deny that a lot of young, first time voters of all races probably cast their ballots for him without a clue about the details of his platform for no other reason than they wanted to elect the first black president?
FatBob96, where did I say that all the people who voted for Obama because he was black? I did say that Democrats, especially liberals, run around acting as if it weren't for them you couldn't get through life without them... translation, they feel you don't have what it takes so you need gov't to help you, I know better, how about you? To say you can't get through life without them is offensive and racist.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:42 PM

19,895 posts, read 8,308,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Same speech he was also saying Trump is a “bully” . Why ? For wanting to enforce our immigration laws and border and laws in general ?

This is the guy that said about Trump.

“If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.”

Literally the definition of a bully .
Why???? If you seriously don't know, than you don't know Trump.

He smears people who disagree with him or who he perceives have slighted him.
He threatens people over petty things as well as major issues.
He calls people names--nasty, crude, uncivil names.
He posts private cell phone numbers on the internet.
He blames others for everything he does and every mistake he makes.
He makes up derogatory lies about people and repeatedly practices character assassination.
He bashes people he has power over and over. (see Jeff Sessions)(see abuse of power)
He makes baseless claims about those who disagree with him.
He ABUSES the office of president. It is called Abuse of Power.
He makes accusations with no merit against those who disagree with him or his opponents.
He pushed an international head of state physically out of the way in order to be front and center in a photo.
He is an insecure frightened petty little man who is always in great need of feeling superior to others though he never will be. That is what bullies usually are.

And this RWNJ smear job of Joe Biden? Could it have something to do with the fact that Biden beats Trump in poll match-ups? Donny doesn't like it when he loses, because deep down, he believes he is a loser.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:47 PM

4,075 posts, read 1,157,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And I suppose you are asserting that everyone on the left is as pure as the new driven snow...…

Where in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster did you get that, from this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Thread fail. You are trying to twist what he said.

‘Some of them are the dregs of society,’ Biden said.

And some of them are. They certainly are. Trump has Supremacists, NAZIs, Birthers, criminals and traitors behind him.

Not all Trump supporters are like that, but I defy you to assert that those people are not also supporting him, and Trump encourages them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or