U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 01:45 PM

23,837 posts, read 9,030,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I have seen no evidence of that. It's just 4chan trolling the insane left. Again. Just like the "It's OK To Be White" flyers. Remember those? 4chan trolled lefties then, too, to expose their rampant mental instability. And it worked. Spectacularly. Lefties aren't all that bright. They've stupidly walked right into both idiot traps.
When that first happened my two buddies (one Asian, one black) took a selfie of them with one of those signs on a mailbox pretending to cry.

I'd post it but all hell would break loose in here.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:46 PM

10,816 posts, read 10,327,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
White supremacists chose their own sign to adopt; why don’t you take it up with them.
White supremacists have no more right to redefine language than you do.

If they took a photo of you as their mascot, would you condemn yourself as being their mascot or would you state that you are not a symbol of white supremacy?

Old 09-17-2018, 01:50 PM

23,837 posts, read 9,030,737 times
Quote:
That the liberals aren’t half as dumb as white supremacists, and aren’t falling for your plausible deniability?
What am I denying?

And it shows that 4chan can troll both liberals and WS with ease.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:51 PM

3,276 posts, read 849,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This means OKAY. YOU do not get to redefine it to fit your flavor of the month agenda.
There was an OK sign made, whatever the meaning. Why would he do it during such an interview and why not just out in the open the standard way?

Old 09-17-2018, 01:56 PM

41,323 posts, read 16,603,992 times
Let's summarize....
  • White Coast Guard member makes A-OK salute with hand.
  • Idiotic MSnBC pundit accuses a member of the US Coast Guard as being racist.
  • Coast Guard member's career is ruined.
  • Indignant leftists say this is OK. Defend MSNBC with every argument.
  • Leftists think they won real victory over White people. (but can't figure out who real enemy might be)

And they wonder why nobody listens to them anymore.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:58 PM

1,939 posts, read 362,654 times
Quote:
White supremacists have no more right to redefine language than you do.

If they took a photo of you as their mascot, would you condemn yourself as being their mascot or would you state that you are not a symbol of white supremacy?
I would sue them in the same manner that the creator of Pepe did.

They’ve co-opted the symbol; all I see here are a bunch of whiners complaining about their new-found public noteriety. The least they could do is own it.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
There was an OK sign made, whatever the meaning. Why would he do it during such an interview and why not just out in the open the standard way?
I have no idea. Why don't you ask him?

Let's say the guy suddenly blurted out "popcorn" on the video rather than forming an okay sign. Would then "popcorn" be claimed to be a white power word just because some white guy blurted it out at an odd moment?

Sorry, but I don't give a damn if he was trying to say something or what it was. He doesn't get to decide what okay means. And neither do you. An okay sign is an okay sign. Popcorn means little kernels of corn that have been popped. And a snot-nosed snowflake blogger on the internet doesn't get to decide how the **** to use the English language or what the hand gestures that represent words in the English language mean. Neither do white supremacists. They don't change my language.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
all I see here are a bunch of whiners complaining about their new-found public noteriety..
And all I see is a bunch of liberals trying to come up with a new pidgin English called Snowflake Speak.

Sorry. I will not recognize a redefinition of the English language by sour grapers who have nothing better to do.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:08 PM

1,939 posts, read 362,654 times
Quote:
And all I see is a bunch of liberals trying to come up with a new pidgin English called Snowflake Speak.

Sorry. I will not recognize a redefinition of the English language by sour grapers who have nothing better to do.
The good ‘ol fallback for the right: alternate reality.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:10 PM

6,164 posts, read 2,314,780 times
More proof that it's 4Chan's Internet, and we are all just visiting.

So much lol in this story. Feel bad a dude had his career ruined, sorta, but 4Chan's trolling powers are the stuff of legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or