U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 10:23 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,614,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
So it started out as a "joke" now the left has conformed it into a "white supremacist although it objectively is not one.
Are white supremacists doing it? If so, it belongs to them now so then yes, itd be a white supremacist hand sign.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:24 AM

9,298 posts, read 5,797,074 times
I use it at the lake, hiking, sport's field and so on. Not going to stop because some people turned it into something it isn't.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:28 AM

38,327 posts, read 15,359,817 times
Isn't it a shame the leftists who are obviously easily influenced and hence mind controlled by the likes of MSNBC have ruined the career of an innocent member of the US Coast Guard? A person who is sworn to put his life on the line to protect these very people.

It's a shameful thing to see what they are doing to the United States.

Why anyone watches or listens to cable news is beyond me.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:30 AM

2,738 posts, read 680,126 times
So "trolling the libs" is an acceptable activity during the time you're supposed to be helping with a hurricane? Sigh.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 AM

2,738 posts, read 680,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Isn't it a shame the leftists who are obviously easily influenced and hence mind controlled by the likes of MSNBC have ruined the career of an innocent member of the US Coast Guard? A person who is sworn to put his life on the line to protect these very people.

It's a shameful thing to see what they are doing to the United States.

Why anyone watches or listens to cable news is beyond me.
How is his career ruined? He's still in the Coast Guard...it says he was reassigned, not discharged. It doesn't say his name. If he got a reprimand, it's warranted as his actions before and during belie that it was innocent scratching or the like. *Shrug*

Old 09-17-2018, 10:35 AM

7,825 posts, read 5,457,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
It's my understanding from reading this that any sort of photo bombing like this in the military is not allowed period. Does anyone know about that?

I did watch the video. He looks around to see if people are watching or something, then he really does the OK sign. It's there. It could be an actual OK, but still wouldn't make sense when the report was about a dead baby. It's not just scratching his face. He sorta pretended to for a second, but then forms his hand into the OK sign.
Yes. And if he wanted to show the A-OK sign, he would have held his hand up in the air like folks do with the peace sign.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:36 AM

38,327 posts, read 15,359,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
How is his career ruined? He's still in the Coast Guard...it says he was reassigned, not discharged. It doesn't say his name. If he got a reprimand, it's warranted as his actions before and during belie that it was innocent scratching or the like. *Shrug*

Obviously you know nothing of how something like this hurts someone's career in the military. Or rather, pretend like you don't know. Sorry this isn't argument to what I said.

It's a damn shame that he has to go through this, and even worse, people such as yourself come on here and attempt to defend MSNBC with any argument.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:38 AM

7,870 posts, read 10,374,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obviously you know nothing of how something like this hurts someone's career in the military. Or rather, pretend like you don't know. Sorry this isn't argument to what I said.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I don't care what he flashed, it's unprofessional, and he's likely getting the reprimand for being Mr. Photobomb instead of the content of what he did.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:39 AM

11,457 posts, read 3,717,102 times
This thread is just bizarre. The Left is so juvenile and so so easily manipulated and brainwashed. I feel sorry for those people. I really do, they aren't wired correctly and need medical help.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:44 AM

19,747 posts, read 8,253,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A Coast Guard emergency response team is down one crew member after a Coastie allegedly flashed the “OK” hand signal increasingly associated with white supremacy while the team’s captain was being interviewed on MSNBC.
The alleged “white power” gesture, one that originated as a hoax, was quickly spotted by Twitter users everywhere who immediately called for punitive measures.The service’s response to the incident was swift, as the crew member in question was immediately reassigned and an official Coast Guard statement condemning the alleged offender was subsequently released.The mainstream media is pure scum. Im sorry, I don't see this guy flashing a white power sign. I see someone scratching their face. Now this guy has lost his position to a pitchfork mob. Another sacrifice for the SJW online gods.
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...response-team/
Did you read the article you linked to? Could you point out where it stated that MSNBC "accused" anyone of anything????

You must have meant the Twitter crowd accused him. Right? Because you would not intentionally mislead people due to a personal bias?

Some of you accuse the media of fake news so much that you don't realize you are producing fake news yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or