Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:46 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,300 times

Advertisements

You know, given the logic conservatives use, they should all be saying "you know what, Kaepernick is right, Nike is right."

Follow their logic:

Quote:
Trump is right because the stock market is doing well.
That's pretty much their fallback to any controversial thing Trump does. "Well, the economy is good, therefore the ends justify the means."

So, Nike stock is up something like 8% in a few days. "Well, Nike's stock is good. Therefore, Kaepernick is right and Nike is right. The ends justify the means!" Nevermind that this might be natural fluctuation in the price or that maybe it was undervalued before. None of that matters. It all comes down to the bottom line. If businesses are making money, they are in the right. Period. The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:06 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
You know, given the logic conservatives use, they should all be saying "you know what, Kaepernick is right, Nike is right."

Follow their logic:

That's pretty much their fallback to any controversial thing Trump does. "Well, the economy is good, therefore the ends justify the means."
The "left" did the same thing with Obama. I would complain about how the wealth gap was continuing to grow to record proportions and the reply would be about how well the markets had rebounded.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:40 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And boy did it! It probably also helped that many of Kap’s supporters like myself made a run on Nike products. I personally bought 3 pairs of kicks, a golf shirt and some hats.
oh goodie. the republican party thanks you.

Nike has donated three times as much money to Republicans as Democrats this year |Yahoo

Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Lol, utterly embarrassing.

Also this:

Nike's deal with Kaepernick adds almost $6 billion to company's market value

That sound you hear is the deafening silence from those who predicted Nike's demise.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Not to wander off topic -- but you know I will....and it will trigger some of you -- lol....

But Yeti seems to be managing fine as well --- opening stores up in key markets.

Boycotts for Chick Fil A, Yeti, Nike and even the NFL don't do much to really hurt the bottom line...the profits of these companies but they give folks something to get excited about I guess.

(too lazy to do boycotts).

Old 09-24-2018, 01:07 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not to wander off topic -- but you know I will....and it will trigger some of you -- lol....

But Yeti seems to be managing fine as well --- opening stores up in key markets.

Boycotts for Chick Fil A, Yeti, Nike and even the NFL don't do much to really hurt the bottom line...the profits of these companies but they give folks something to get excited about I guess.

(too lazy to do boycotts).
For a counterfactual, Papa John's is hurtin' for certain. But they *might* bounce back as soon as they put chronological and philosophical distance between themselves and founder John Schattner.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:25 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Also this:

That sound you hear is the deafening silence from those who predicted Nike's demise.
According to the articles, Nike has only grown 2% since the Kap ad. Good for them after dropping 3% in 24 hours after the ad released.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:27 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Also this:

Short term effect where all Kap supporters ran out and buy Nike gear. Long term folks like me will simply never buy a Nike product ever again. Short term gain, long term pain.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Short term effect where all Kap supporters ran out and buy Nike gear. Long term folks like me will simply never buy a Nike product ever again. Short term gain, long term pain.
Stop it. You’re gonna keep buying Nikes forever.

You guys have already replaced the Nikes you tossed in anger with new pairs of Nikes.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,090,217 times
They are still ugly, easy pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies