Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 02:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That was the way the government set it up. She was just playing by the rules set forth.
The government decreed that Ivanka had to have her stuff made in China?

Do tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 02:52 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Almost everybody posting to this thread is wearing or using something made under terrible work conditions.

People suddenly caring about Nike so much need to give it a rest as we know it's just their politics talking.

That being said, yeah it is ironic that Nike's entire business model is paying 1%ers to influence everybody else to buy products made under mostly 3rd world conditions to enrich their shareholders.

It's *interesting* to see western civilization climb out of oppressing the lower class and laborers in the early 1900's, the rise of unions and so forth later transition to a complete regression in those policies by off-shoring the abusive practices.

Someone needs to re-write "The Jungle".

Old 09-17-2018, 02:54 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Nope. It just means that this faux outrage by the Trump inspired righties fell flat on its face........AGAIN!!!

I know it's eating you guys up inside to know that a majority of people in this nation just gave a giant "f*** you" to Trump and his little Trumplings. That is worth its weight in gold!
And again I will post -- short term there has been a nice run up in the stock BUT let's see where Nike's numbers are in a year.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You know what they say about a fool and their money and there surely is no shortage of fools out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Well, his football labors for the 49ers made wealthy white people wealthier, and now his protest labors being purchased by Nike are again making wealthy white people wealthier.

Good for Kaepernick! He kicks ass at making wealthy white people wealthier.

...sigh...

The irony is sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Because, without a doubt, disrespecting your nation, your flag, and urinating in the faces of the people who waste their money to watch you be an overpaid asshat is certainly worthy of a second rate Chinese sweatshop clothing manufacturer to clean up on you tools. You'd buy stock in ISIS if they were publicly traded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Short term - Kap supporters & liberals can crow. Let's see where Nike is in a year, let's see if the short term spike from Kap supporters buying stuff, continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
August 29th Nike Stock 82.80 last Friday 83.49 He's made little difference. Not even 1/2 of 1 percent. Just like his QB ability makes little difference.

Instead of backing a headline grabbing false race card player how about encouraging people to stop having children out of wedlock and when they do, raise their kids. You think many of the fatherless kids are cheering over Nike stock? But you got yours right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Then you're fools for buying over priced sneakers made in sweat shops in China. So much for the Dems are for the little guy huh? Another example of keeping them in their place - poor and hungry.
You dudes are upset. Have a Snickers.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:10 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You dudes are upset. Have a Snickers.
I'm not upset, I could care less about Nike. I don't own the stock.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:17 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I propose a like challenge: all Trump employees walk outside wearing their wee MAGA caps and give a fist pump salute on a "job well done" while N.Carolina is suffering...…….Trump wins, MAGA hat wearers win, China makes more hats.
Uh huh

And how exactly, is all this kerfuffle about Kap affecting your daily life in Canada?

Do you own Nike stock?

BTW, Official MAGA hats are made in the USA.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/collec...SAAEgIvnPD_BwE

That said, there are knock offs that are made in China.

So, if you want a "wee MAGA cap", do the right thing and buy an official one. Be sure that they offer them in "wee" sizes before you order

Old 09-17-2018, 03:18 PM

45,211 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I would think a person protesting actions of the state would be right up your alley. What's wrong here frank?
What about kap is different?
He is protesting the actions of this state,but not promoting freedom from it all together. Kaepernick would have no problem forcing his agenda on others while using the state to do it.
From Kaepernicks website:
https://knowyourrightscamp.com
Quote:

OUR 10-POINT SYSTEM

1. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE FREE.

2. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEALTHY.

3. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE BRILLIANT.

4. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE SAFE.

5. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE LOVED.

6. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE COURAGEOUS.

7. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ALIVE.

8. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE TRUSTED.

9. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE EDUCATED.

10. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
nonsense on stilts, but sure to sell a bunch of t-shirts to the non-thinkers.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:18 PM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Liberals: The poor don’t have or make enough money in this country

Also liberals: Buy Nike now!

Old 09-17-2018, 03:21 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If that is a bonus he gets with his 30 pieces of silver for that Faustian Bargain, cool.

End of the day, it's his personal integrity and intellectual honesty, and he can sell it out however and to whomever he likes. I will always cheer a capitalist engaged in voluntary trade. Making a $3 sneaker sell for $200 because you tied it somehow to the image of a sellout hypocrite and fool gullible people worldwide? Badass marketing and strategy imho, and good for Nike and Kaepernick.

But stop with this nonsense about Kaepernick having a shred of integrity or honesty left, and just praise him getting over on the NFL by cashing in on that which annoys them.
I'm just praising him and Nike for throwing all of this outrage the right is showing over someone exercising their Constitutional right of protest back in Trump's face. After all, he condemned it and made it a much bigger deal than it ever should have been. I'm enjoying the irony to say the least.

It's funny that the conservatives, who routinely champion the Constitution above all else, suddenly turn against anyone who uses that very same Constitution to guarantee their right to further a cause which they find disagreeable. The hypocrisy on the right is so thick at this point you could....well....you know..... I just find that very satisfying.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
I'm a little confused by the inclusion of those 10 points for a "know your rights camp".

I'd be thinking things like,

1) Treated equally under the law
2) Not be profiled

etc.

Some of those like "you have the right to be trusted?", um yeah, that's a load of crud right there lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies