Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:09 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He is protesting the actions of this state,but not promoting freedom from it all together. Kaepernick would have no problem forcing his agenda on others while using the state to do it.
From Kaepernicks website:
https://knowyourrightscamp.com
nonsense on stilts, but sure to sell a bunch of t-shirts to the non-thinkers.
Look at you ancaps dancing on the head of the pin. He protested the state's violation of of private citizens rights and then entered into a free will contract with Nike. He hurt no one, and violated no one's property rights.

Again, it shows that ancaps are nothing more than republicans who like weed and hate taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 04:21 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Short term - Kap supporters & liberals can crow. Let's see where Nike is in a year, let's see if the short term spike from Kap supporters buying stuff, continues.
The Kap campaign will have worked exceedingly well, beyond expectations, if it is still running by next year.

6 months is a very long run for controversial ads that work. Most don't go on that long.

The thing about controversy is the initial impact, not how enduring the ad is. The impact can put a company on the map and keep it there for years after the ad itself has been forgotten.

The greatest example of this is the very first Apple MacIntosh TV ad. It only appeared once, during a Superbowl, but that single ad was enough to turn a very small business that was going nowhere into a sudden home computer colossus.

The results were so overwhelming It changed the entire TV advertising industry afterwards to what it is today.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:33 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And again I will post -- short term there has been a nice run up in the stock BUT let's see where Nike's numbers are in a year.
If anything happens to their numbers in a year it won't have anything to do with Colin Kaepernick. You overestimate the attention span of the average American. Besides, most people support his stance. I don't think the ones who don't will ever have a noticeable impact on Nike profits.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:52 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If anything happens to their numbers in a year it won't have anything to do with Colin Kaepernick. You overestimate the attention span of the average American. Besides, most people support his stance. I don't think the ones who don't will ever have a noticeable impact on Nike profits.
Agree, and I've said it in every thread about this nonsense, but I'll say it again. Look at the quarterly numbers for Under Armour, they are falling off a cliff. Their sales have fallen because there was a national retailer who heavily discounted their product, and it flooded the market with their goods and diminished their "premium" reputation. Many of those sales have instead gone to Nike, but people would much rather assign it to the one single advertisement because it justifies their political views, yet ignores some pretty basic facts.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals: The poor don’t have or make enough money in this country
People in large numbers do not.

Quote:
Also liberals: Buy Nike now!
It's none of my business what shoes people buy. I imagine most feel this same way and I imagine you already know that.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And boy did it! It probably also helped that many of Kap’s supporters like myself made a run on Nike products. I personally bought 3 pairs of kicks, a golf shirt and some hats.

The swoosh is simply too ubiquitous in this world to be taken down by a protest in one nation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...sy/1307506002/
The only thing I like about this, is that it's a direct slam against Trump. The name of this company is a dirty, four-letter word to me. They invented and pioneered the modern version of the offshore sweatshop.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:37 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I'm just praising him and Nike for throwing all of this outrage the right is showing over someone exercising their Constitutional right of protest back in Trump's face. After all, he condemned it and made it a much bigger deal than it ever should have been. I'm enjoying the irony to say the least.

It's funny that the conservatives, who routinely champion the Constitution above all else, suddenly turn against anyone who uses that very same Constitution to guarantee their right to further a cause which they find disagreeable. The hypocrisy on the right is so thick at this point you could....well....you know..... I just find that very satisfying.
I'm a libertarian, not a conservative, and I am not "turning against" anyone. I thought Kaepernick was on his way out two years before his protest nonsense, and I applaud him finding a way to get a payday. Just calling it honestly as I see it. Dude is a sellout who sacrificed nothing, but makes for an easy meme for gullible SJWs. Whatever sells $250 sneakers.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Nike stock on fire; stratagem pays off!
On fire for the past year, but just a few cents higher now than last month.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yep, just as I thought. Not a single peep about the blatant hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy is a MAGA hat made in China.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:50 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And boy did it! It probably also helped that many of Kap’s supporters like myself made a run on Nike products. I personally bought 3 pairs of kicks, a golf shirt and some hats.

The swoosh is simply too ubiquitous in this world to be taken down by a protest in one nation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...sy/1307506002/
Well BLM has caused thousand of blacks to die in Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, etc.....and no one has benefitted from it till now....now Nike stockholders are benefitting from this slaughter....yay I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies