Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
here is your claim:

i'm asking you to support that claim and show the "specific term in the law".
It does have a definition. But that isn't the challenge. The challenge is using the term properly as the law uses it, which I am arguing that nobody who uses this term does. They all use it incorrectly. There is no crime called collusion that could apply to any of this Russian-campaign allegation stuff.

So you're passing on the challenge and refuse to even attempt it. I expected that, actually.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Like support equal rights for everyone regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation? Oh the horrors!!! I didn't know the Constitution was amended to specify that one had to be white, heterosexual, and Christian to be a "real American."
Obama supported special rights for groups he believed were entitled to special treatment. He never supported equal rights. He also fabricated rights that don't exist anywhere in our Constitution. Like "gay marriage", affordable health care, immigration, and abortions of convenience.

You can't find these fake "rights" anywhere in our Founding documents but to the SJWs on the left, they are practically sacraments!

Old 09-17-2018, 06:54 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Like support equal rights for everyone regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation? Oh the horrors!!! I didn't know the Constitution was amended to specify that one had to be white, heterosexual, and Christian to be a "real American."

There's some of that but you have to admit, Trump is bringing a lot of this on himself. If Trump has nothing to hide he should just come clean and stop acting like he's guilty. At least Obama released his long-form birth certificate in an effort to put an end the controversy. Of course most people who believed his birth certificate is a fraud weren't convinced and many still are not, but it was an effort. Trump can't even release his tax returns. He has done nothing to try to mitigate the Russia controversy and has in fact only made himself look more guilty by his actions. It also seems like everything Trump does is to fan the flames of hatred and division in this country and to spite the people who aren't his base. That isn't helping his cause.
Fair enough, so let's say he releases his tax returns, which he won't, but if he did, and he's not guilty (or guilty), what then? Guilty of what?

If he colluded with Russia, let's say he's guilty, what then? What's that mean to you? You remove him from office? What then, with Pence as POTUS?

Old 09-17-2018, 06:54 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It does have a definition.

no one is debating that it has a dictionary definition. your claim is that it is a "specific term in the law". please show the legal definition to support your claim.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
no one is debating that it has a dictionary definition. your claim is that it is a "specific term in the law". please show the legal definition to support your claim.
Stop being lazy and take the challenge. I merely stated a fact.

If you decline the challenge, then its an admission you know you can't win.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:01 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Politically I feel I'm pretty middle of the road, there's some left leaning policies I endorse and some right leaning. Certainly I don't feel like I have a polar opposite. I'm having the hardest time figuring out the relevance to this whole Trump/Russia ordeal.

My question is this. Why is collusion so important to the left? Collusion can mean around 9 million different things to different people, but the definition seems to be that you conspired to do something (typically for nefarious reasons) with someone else.

So, if this is true of Donald Trump or others in his political circles, wouldn't that be par for the course? Don't ALL politicians collude with special interests and don't they ALL scheme and throw mud and lie to slander their opponents?

I call that politics.

So, if the left wins, and Trump colluded with someone. What's the prize? What did you win? Satisfaction knowing you were right?

Just curious as to why it's such a big deal and why it's in the current Democrat strategy.

There is no federal crime of collusion.........To DEMS that is irrelevant, they make up a lie and pass it around to the complicit media and eventually believe the lie they started.....simple really

Old 09-17-2018, 07:02 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Stop being lazy and take the challenge..

please support your claim then we can move on to the next point.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
please support your claim then we can move on to the next point.
I am not making any claims. I have only stated facts and offered a challenge. Stop being obtuse.

Take the challenge.

You can't do it.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:07 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I would argue that there were just as many misinformation campaings (possibly more) that made the Republicans look like blooming retards. Did you happen to use Facebook during the elections?
The misinformation campaign was the least important thing that happened, and yes, both sides do it to some extent.

The most important aspect of the investigation are the criminal components:

-- Aiding and abetting the distribution of stolen computer data.
-- Using public office to alter public policy for personal gain (quid pro quo with the Russians).
-- Using public office to make money (emoluments, having diplomats stay at Trump hotels).
-- Obstruction of justice
-- Tax evasion

If Trump broke these laws, it's not political, it's a matter of criminal justice. The President is not above the law, right?

Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Here's a good article on what collusion/colluding is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42ba0c10e425
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies