Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Yes, I am. I remember waiting in line at my school when this mean-looking black guy cut in front of the guy in front of me. This guy calmly explained to the black guy that he should go to the end of the line. The black guy just exploded and wanted to hurt the other guy. This black guy was a university student, not some ghetto thug. Or maybe he was. I don't know. I think they are predisposed to violence. Have you ever wondered why they do so well in violent sports like football and boxing?
Another ignorant statement, using the actions of a few to make a statement for a whole group

Old 05-10-2008, 11:20 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Right, blacks shooting at other blacks. They are both the shooters and the victims. I read about inner city violence all the time in the local news. No surprise to me on both statistics.

Your mind just doesn't work logically, nor are you at all openminded about anything regarding blacks. You are racially prejudiced FOR blacks.
Yes, if the media says it's true, then it must be true

Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 PM

30 posts, read 76,685 times
Just a note:

The 15% of the U.S population which is Black commits 52% of all homicides.

Being wary of Blacks when alone, or in a situation where you may be easy pray, is not racist it is simply playing it safe. When you look at the crime figures of this particular group it would be better to be a little prejudice than get killed or injured for some leftist anti-racist cadre.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:04 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I am not talking about the black men you work with I am talking about the young black men you see in public and don't know?

If so why are you scared?

Be honest.
Im not afraid of anyone. However, if I see a group of black dudes and they are dressed a certain way (baggy clothes, baseball cap on backwards or sideways) and walking a certain way (limping or leaning to the side) and displaying a sense of nervousness then, YES I would be a bit cautious about them.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:12 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haargar View Post
Just a note:

The 15% of the U.S population which is Black commits 52% of all homicides.

Being wary of Blacks when alone, or in a situation where you may be easy pray, is not racist it is simply playing it safe. When you look at the crime figures of this particular group it would be better to be a little prejudice than get killed or injured for some leftist anti-racist cadre.
It's not being leftist to use common sense and realize those homicides are generally not random killings of innocent people. The majority of those homicides are criminals killing each other. A white woman is much more likely to be raped or killed by a white man. It gives people a false sense of security to think some easily recognized "other" is the most dangerous to them.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:16 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I am not talking about the black men you work with I am talking about the young black men you see in public and don't know?

If so why are you scared?

Be honest.
Whew! Lucky you said "be honest," because up until I read that, I was weaving a lie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I like this thread. Especially the self conscious white girl comments. I am black, and I don't fear other black men, young or old. As a person who was once a young black male, I can assure my white female counter parts. These guys are not thinking about if you...
Let me get this straight: You're assuring someone that, on the basis of your color, you're an expert on the thought processees of black males? Why's that? Do all black people think alike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABrutha View Post
A lot of people say their not afraid of black people, but most people are cause like Obama said theres racism still and white people always move away when their are to many black people in their hood. Just today some white guy wuz lookin at me like is you lost or somethin so i just look right back at him and he looked away first so I showed him.
Whites don't necessarily move from black neighborhoods based on fear. It may be because the property values rise at a slower rate in a black neighborhood so it's a bad investment. It may be because there are behavioral/culture differences that they don't care for. It may be that black neighborhoods, on average, have a higher crime rate and they want to get out before something like that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
So you are agreeing that [regarding racial profiling] we all should do our best to combat it the best we can? Or are you saying that we should condone it because you believe that we never can get rid of it?
I mean it seems that crime is part of being human too, so why make laws?
We shouldn't combat it at all. It's rational and when you fit the profile of a criminal, you should, for the good of everyone, submit to the increased attention as long as it's professional.

Think about it: An 80yr. old woman pulled off a flight for a random bomb search because her ticket was the one pulled regardless of the fact that hi-jackers are ME men between ages X and Y.

To make the random searches effective, you have to increase the frequency because, by including all ages, both sexes and all nationalities, you're searching 50% of people who don't fit the profile in any way whatsoever. That is just stupid.

Racial profiling makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It's not being leftist to use common sense and realize those homicides are generally not random killings of innocent people.
I have no clue how this is relevant.

Disregarding those numbers is leftist. The leftist, in the pursuit of equality, believes that one should leave themselves open to dangers that could otherwise be avoided (by considering such stats) so that the good people who'd otherwise be aggrieved by using such reason will not be disenfranchised.

This is another of the many contradictions inherent in the left's beliefs: The leftist claims a desire for equality. However, they believe that people should leave themselves more susceptible to crime in the name of that equality. Being unnecessarily susceptible, naturally, something bad happens-- Now the victim is oppressed... So, in a sense, one must be oppressed (by crime) so that another isn't oppressed (by racial profiling.)

Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 AM

877 posts, read 2,768,283 times
Yes, run from Black people and be very afraid. I remember when a 2 year old black kid mugged me. Those toddlers are really dangerous. If you feel that Blacks are dangerous and violent then that is your right but at least recognize where it is coming from and be honest about that. I have stated this before when people are giving out statistics, who are these Black people? The Justice Department has 2 maybe 3 categories, White, Black and Other or something like that. When you spew statistics then you tell me exactly who you are referring to. Do you honestly believe that when there are 2 maybe 3 categories available that the people taking the information is going to say White for a lot of people. If so, you are more believing than I am because I don't see it. Also, if you are not Black what is your concern about Black crime since it is basically Black on Black crime and overwhelmingly it is usually drug or gang related. If you are not in that category then you should have no problem. The bigger question would be how many people are arrested for various crimes. A Black person being incarcerated means nothing as far as crime goes. Many Whites get arrested and are able to not go to jail but a Black person being arrested has a higher chance of being incarcerated. Not that they have done anything different but they were not able to utilize the justice system as well as a White person. Yes, according to statistics 52% of Homicides was commited by Black people, 45% by White people and 2% by Other between 1976 and 2005. If you can look at this with a straight face knowing the racial demographics in America and steadfast believe the statistics then more power to you.

Some of the thoughts are really sad because I am Black, live in a Black area and do not see what some people see that have little contact with Black people. If you look deep into the barrel to pull out an apple that has a worm in it then that is on you. The saying goes some people can't see the Forest for the Trees. If you concentrate on just the criminal element then you can't see the good that is there. It is a shame because it appears that only happens with the Black race. I have seen some really low life White people, Chinese people, Hispanic people but I would never base my opinions of a whole race on them. They are just people but some people see a couple of Black people and all of a sudden it is the whole race. Why is that? Not only why is that but why can't people also see that there are different cultures in the Black race and we are not homogenous. We are very varied in our thoughts and outlooks. Saying one Black dude was aggresive and then I fear the whole race is like me saying John Gotti was part of the Mafia and now I fear all White people. I know he was Italian and I don't fear Italians but I say all White people because that is how I see Blacks being lumped together when there are varied cultures in the Black community.

Anyway, fear Black people and be happy in that. I don't fear any race and I am happy to learn from everyone but if it makes you feel good to fear or downgrade Blacks, more power to you. You are the one missing out as those of us that are willing to accept and appreciate different cultures can at least have an understanding of what makes other people tick.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Yes, if the media says it's true, then it must be true
These stories are local stories and there are police making statements. Then I follow to see how the story develops and who ends up getting arrested or convicted for the crimes. So that's where I get my FACTS.

Blacks are causing a large part of the homicides. A significant number of blacks (as posted by LauraKGrisgby ace defender of the blacks) are victims of these homicides themselves, and lastly a good portion of the black male population is incarcerated in our prison systems. And when any of us makes a statement that it is a large percentage is it because blacks are only 15% of the general US population, yet they are responsible for way more than 15% of the homicides (52%) and prison population. And that is a statistical anomaly.

Census: More blacks, Latinos live in cells than in dorms - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/census.prisons.ap/index.html - broken link)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- More than three times as many black people live in prison cells as in college dorms, the government said in a report to be released Thursday.
Quote:
Blacks made up 41 percent of the nation's 2 million prison and jail inmates in 2006. Non-Hispanic whites made up 37 percent and Hispanics made up 19 percent.
And no one is saying that blacks are prone to mischief or violence, but these facts show that something is very wrong with the black populations in the US, particularly the inner cities. Something in their culture needs to be fixed. Personally, I feel that it's not productive to keep the anger about the slavery days. And the black community needs to focus on placing a much higher value on getting a good education having good family values, and wanting to take back their neighborhoods from the criminal element and the slackers.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:55 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
These stories are local stories and there are police making statements. Then I follow to see how the story develops and who ends up getting arrested or convicted for the crimes. So that's where I get my FACTS.

Blacks are causing a large part of the homicides. A significant number of blacks (as posted by LauraKGrisgby ace defender of the blacks) are victims of these homicides themselves, and lastly a good portion of the black male population is incarcerated in our prison systems. And when any of us makes a statement that it is a large percentage is it because blacks are only 15% of the general US population, yet they are responsible for way more than 15% of the homicides (52%) and prison population. And that is a statistical anomaly.

Census: More blacks, Latinos live in cells than in dorms - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/census.prisons.ap/index.html - broken link)

And no one is saying that blacks are prone to mischief or violence, but these facts show that something is very wrong with the black populations in the US, particularly the inner cities. Something in their culture needs to be fixed. Personally, I feel that it's not productive to keep the anger about the slavery days. And the black community needs to focus on placing a much higher value on getting a good education having good family values, and wanting to take back their neighborhoods from the criminal element and the slackers.
I'm pretty sure MOST of the blacks in jail are in there for nonviolent drug crimes. Yes, there are a lot of murders that happen in 'our' community, but I highly doubt that most blacks are in jail for violent crimes. Repeal the War on Drugs and watch those numbers drop.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,961 times
How about, just be afraid of ALL MEN? I mean statistically speaking, of course, since that seems to be the crutch that everyone is relying on for their views, we should be afraid of all men because they commit most violent crimes. This is just silly.
If you are in a neighborhood with a lot of crime ( white or black ) you should be aware of your surroundings, that is common sense.
As a side note to white people, please stop congratulating yourselves for all of the black people that you know, or are friends with, or are married to, or have had deliver your POD without incident. And then go on to list all of the reasons why it is then okay to judge people using racial stereotypes.
This sounds ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies