Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't fear a Black Man any more then i would fear a crazed White Man, people do have instincts. If i'm alone at night in any ally, never would i be caught, that man could be of any color, yes i would fear him. There are a lot of crazy people out there in this world, and i fear any one, that i do not trust or have a bad vibe about. There are crazy white guys, asian guys, mexican guys, why signal just black.
Good point. Crazy can come in any ethnicity. Interesting you bring this up. Last Tuesday, there was a shooting at the Penske Truck Rental in Kennesaw,GA, less than a mile from where Kennesaw State University is. 3 people were killed. The person who did this was a 60 year-old White male. Wht is shows is that criminality comes in all colors. I was mugged by Black men in Kennesaw a few years ago. Am I afraid of Black men? No. I know it was just those three men who were acting like fools that night. Am I going to be scared of White people because of the White male who caused a workplace shooting last week? No. I pretty much exercise the "fair game rule" at night. Anyone can be a criminal regardless of race and anyone can be a nice person.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM

295 posts, read 667,644 times
white, black, Asian, Indian, Latino, etc....yes, if they loook shady...You are stupid not to cross the street if you get a bad vibe from someone. Don't become a victim to political correctness. Sometimes, you should trust your intuition.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I am not talking about the black men you work with I am talking about the young black men you see in public and don't know?

If so why are you scared?

Be honest.
If you mean like at a mall where you have to either walk through or go around a group of black men? I walk through them and acknowledge them with a smile. I refuse to be intimidated by groups of any color. I do see people particularly in areas such as malls avoid walking through a crowd of young people/teens whether black or white the thug mentality of the mall dwellers exist. Now if I meet a black man on a dark street..yes I am scared because 1. I am female 2. because of the profiling

just keeping it real.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
"“There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life,” Jesse Jackson said several years ago, “than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery—and then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” Jesse Jackson.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Hmm if I am with a group of people then no. I live in NYC, most all the blacks here are ghetto/thugs. So if its 2 am in the morning and I am walking past projects and I see a bunch of them hanging out then heck yea I would be kinda fearful.

Blacks wont waste anytime in killing you.
In NYC...are you serious!! What type of blacks are you talking?? In NYC there are different types of dark skinned people there. Are you afraid of all black people or all dark skinned people?? NYC is full of everything. Most of the time you don't know what the person is until he open his mouth. BTW: Most of NYC is a ghetto/project. You should never come out.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
I am not talking about the black men you work with I am talking about the young black men you see in public and don't know?

Be honest.
Honestly, yes I work with a black guy. Honestly, I'm afraid of him. I'm afraid of his big black p****. I said, I'm nervious. Why? Because I think you may hurt me. He said, I just might.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:

Be honest.
No, not scared around regular, nice people. I am however cautious around anybody that has the gangster/thug look or anybody that eyeballs me in the wrong way. Being careless can get you shot or jumped here in Los Angeles.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
where I am from , stastically , the only people who should fear young black men is young black men.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
In NYC...are you serious!! What type of blacks are you talking?? In NYC there are different types of dark skinned people there. Are you afraid of all black people or all dark skinned people?? NYC is full of everything. Most of the time you don't know what the person is until he open his mouth. BTW: Most of NYC is a ghetto/project. You should never come out.

That poster is a self-hating racist. Check his history.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
Uhhhh. Maybe it is because a higher percentage of young black men are in prison than any other group, except for maybe Mexican men.

I am a white female. Sorry, but being on guard is more important to me than being politically correct.

And of course that has nothing to do with who puts who in prison..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies