Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:04 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,911,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why would you oppose overturning these obviously defective rulings?

Restoring the SCOTUS to its proper role and function is what's most important. If that means reversing every decision that was arrived at through judicial activism, then so be it. That's what has got to happen.
Thats just pure crazy. Reverse every decision arrived at through judicial activism? The Supreme Court is the very definition of judicial activism by its very nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:07 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,581,322 times
Trump supporter here, I could not care less on either of the rulings as specified by the topic Although each is dumb, it is settled law in my view.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:12 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,678,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
And yet you have had two people answer your question, telling you that we are not interested in overturning those rulings.
By the way, being "not interested" is not the same as "I do not support efforts to overturn those rulings." All that means, is that Republicans can continue their endeavor to overturn abortion and gay marriage rulings and won't lose a vote from his base.

Now, if Trump supporters said abortion and gay marriage is already settled, leave it alone now - that would be a different story. But the people that have answered mostly sound indifferent. That is just as good as supporting whatever your party does.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:14 AM

24,366 posts, read 22,942,921 times
I'm just wondering if people realize the elite left has their share of religious fanatics as well, people that make the worst fundy Christians seem like agnostics.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 AM

21,758 posts, read 9,318,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
And yet you have had two people answer your question, telling you that we are not interested in overturning those rulings.

Why ask the question if you won't believe the answers?
I can tell you why. This is not a real thread questioning real people. It's designed to pi$$ off Democrat voters and swing people who are independent but might support Roe v. Wade. It's so obvious when you see these inflammatory thread titles. I fully believe people are paid to go around and post this nonsense all over message boards.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:25 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,642,066 times
Texas is trying to make abortions as tough as possible. If the right wing goes the way of Texas, women might as well be property.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:05 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,026,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
By the way, being "not interested" is not the same as "I do not support efforts to overturn those rulings." All that means, is that Republicans can continue their endeavor to overturn abortion and gay marriage rulings and won't lose a vote from his base.

Now, if Trump supporters said abortion and gay marriage is already settled, leave it alone now - that would be a different story. But the people that have answered mostly sound indifferent. That is just as good as supporting whatever your party does.
I guess you missed my post (first page, second post) where I say I do "not support reversing these."

And I referenced that President Trump himself has said this is settled law.

Here it is, for your convenience:

"Trump supporter here and NO to your questions, I do not support reversing those.

Furthermore, although President Trump is anti-abortion, he considers abortion and gay marriage to be "settled law". Trump is not an evangelical conservative. I believe your premise is flawed."

BTW my reasons are different than most. I am still against abortion and I still believe marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman. I just don't think it's the government's business.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:07 AM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times
"At any cost"

this is how the left does things. take a position they oppose then attach their own spin with a radical evil connotation.

I oppose the majority of abortion. I oppose nothing in the political realm "at any cost". That is disgusting to suggest.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 AM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Texas is trying to make abortions as tough as possible. If the right wing goes the way of Texas, women might as well be property.

complete lie. just more from the left overplaying their hand. good grief that was a ridiculous comment.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 AM

34,153 posts, read 18,422,531 times
The abortion issue is being used by the Left to scare, and polarize due to Trump, and Kavanaugh. There will be no push to overturn Roe v Wade, nor change anything in the realm of abortions. It is just not going to happen due to the political capital anyone would have to expend to even move the dial an inch. So, relax. Nothing will change. Don't let the Media, and Dems incite false issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies