U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-18-2018, 11:40 AM
 
7,211 posts, read 1,659,886 times
Reputation: 3486

Advertisements

If the Russia investigation uncovers other crimes, why should they be ignored?

Law enforcement can not ignore other crimes. If it is deemed to be possibly or probably illegal it must go before a court of law to make any determinations. Law enforcement can not make those determinations (one way or another) on it's own.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2018, 11:48 AM
 
7,211 posts, read 1,659,886 times
Reputation: 3486
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You people just don't understand how foolish you look when you keep saying that.

There's not a single indictment for Russian collusion.
You people have no idea how foolish you look for deflecting like this.

Collusion isn't a thing, it is a word which describes real things, like conspiracy. A conspiracy is actually many coordinated crimes. There is also the matter of motives for those crimes, which could be different for each perpetrator involved. There are also incidental additional crimes that may be uncovered along the way.

Your post is a red herring, but you are not fooling anyone but yourself ...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Chicago area
13,058 posts, read 7,219,545 times
Reputation: 50039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Our legal system vacates sentences and decisions based on violation of legal technicalities and may look at previous cases for a pattern of administrative violations and vacate them as well.


the special prosecutor has to be revisited.


Take any politician from either side of the aisle and set a special prosecutor on them and guaranteed violations will be found. what does destroy public trust in the justice system is the effort to prosecute crimes not ordinarily pursued. Or yet give a prison sentence where prior cases were simply fined.



Wow that was beautifully written, but I disagree with you. Why was the special counsel appointed to begin with? It was because the house wouldn't do their job with proper oversight. Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican appointed by Trump. Mueller has been respected by both sides and has an impeccable reputation. The tables have turned because team Trump doesn't want to respect the outcome.

You can deflect with the what aboutism as if that's supposed to make crimes excusable, but the bottom line is that if you're a criminal running our country, then the American people need to know that. Trump's platform was "Drain the swamp" not create a bigger one. Nor was it to hide all crimes he may or may not have committed from the American people just because he's your man Donald. That sentiment reeks of swampy, corrupt undertones and that mentality is not suitable for the American president. All public office should have a higher bar.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 12:44 PM
 
Location: United States
10,685 posts, read 4,608,711 times
Reputation: 5029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You people have no idea how foolish you look for deflecting like this.

Collusion isn't a thing, it is a word which describes real things, like conspiracy. A conspiracy is actually many coordinated crimes. There is also the matter of motives for those crimes, which could be different for each perpetrator involved. There are also incidental additional crimes that may be uncovered along the way.

Your post is a red herring, but you are not fooling anyone but yourself ...
Like I said, you people have no idea how foolish, and desperate you look when you bring up indictments that have nothing to do with Russian collusion, or the Trump campaign.

There is no Russian collusion, there never was, and the FBI has known that for a very long time, but has continued this investigation to target a duly elected President.

If you want to believe Russian collusion conspircy theories that lack any evidence to support them, go ahead, I'm sticking to the facts, and the fact is there is no publicly available evidence to support any colluding with Russians.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 12:46 PM
 
828 posts, read 219,729 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Wow that was beautifully written, but I disagree with you. Why was the special counsel appointed to begin with? It was because the house wouldn't do their job with proper oversight. Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican appointed by Trump. Mueller has been respected by both sides and has an impeccable reputation. The tables have turned because team Trump doesn't want to respect the outcome.

You can deflect with the what aboutism as if that's supposed to make crimes excusable, but the bottom line is that if you're a criminal running our country, then the American people need to know that. Trump's platform was "Drain the swamp" not create a bigger one. Nor was it to hide all crimes he may or may not have committed from the American people just because he's your man Donald. That sentiment reeks of swampy, corrupt undertones and that mentality is not suitable for the American president. All public office should have a higher bar.
Oh BS. The system is not set up to unleash a special prosecutor on the grounds of an allegation of a specific crime then continue it for years past a point where you knew that crime didnt happen just to find anything you could call a crime.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:43 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,262 posts, read 4,797,270 times
Reputation: 4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If the Russia investigation uncovers other crimes, why should they be ignored?

Law enforcement can not ignore other crimes. If it is deemed to be possibly or probably illegal it must go before a court of law to make any determinations. Law enforcement can not make those determinations (one way or another) on it's own.
Good joke. Funny. A pity only those on the right are the ones who actually believe that. The left had shown their stripes when they agreed with comey, after comey listed out all of hillary's wrong doings, that hillary shouldn't be charged. Not only that, they voted for her, too. The left could have put out the word to vote for Bernie instead, or Johnson, or Stein, or even Limberbutt McCubbins(who still would have been better than hillary), but nooo, they voted for a person that comey had decided not to charge long before he'd even interviewed her. So, stop trying to pretend that people on the left believe in the rule of law.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:48 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
11,244 posts, read 7,262,948 times
Reputation: 8063
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
True. I think he's holding off unsealing the next batch of indictments until the Midterms are past. I just wonder how many of the 300 or so pending are going to be included in the first wave, and who will be named.
I hope he unseals them the week before the midterms.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
9,456 posts, read 5,231,441 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I can't believe anyone would think that trump is innocent at this point. He's a slimebag and whether its collusion, conspiracy, massive fraud or corruption, let's dig them all up and let the sh^5it hit the fan. MAGA (not)!
That is my feeling. As they pull back the layers, and knowing what we already know about Donald Trump the man, I am pretty convinced they will find things out.

And to address the question in the thread title of course if they find stuff they need to follow up with it. Clinton was impeached for lying about women, that absolutely nothing to do with the initial investigation which was about Whitewater.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:50 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
11,244 posts, read 7,262,948 times
Reputation: 8063
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Oh BS. The system is not set up to unleash a special prosecutor on the grounds of an allegation of a specific crime then continue it for years past a point where you knew that crime didnt happen just to find anything you could call a crime.
Kind of like Whitewater.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,770 posts, read 8,265,227 times
Reputation: 16169
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Oh BS. The system is not set up to unleash a special prosecutor on the grounds of an allegation of a specific crime then continue it for years past a point where you knew that crime didnt happen just to find anything you could call a crime.
Really? Guess you weren't around in the 90s when Ken Starr turned the Whitewater Investigation into the Lewinsky investigation. I believe the entire 'investigation' took 4 years.

And Trump followers are upset about a year and a couple of months? Lol.

Sit back and relax--the GOP was more than happy to allow Starr to keep going for years (long after Whitewater was settled) and also to wander far afield from Whitewater. If Ken Starr was investigating this, he'd be going after Trump's ethics violations, emoluments, pay to play---all of it. Trump should be grateful that it is Mueller.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top