U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM
 
15,057 posts, read 4,919,318 times
Reputation: 10678

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Seems like you are complaining enough for 4 or 5 other people. If you are so triggered by this thread..THEN LEAVE..geeze
LOL. This from the person who started a thread because he was triggered by what he didn't even see.

Your threads are always comedy gold, ELO. In fact, I'd say they are so unintentionally funny they deserve an Emmy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
7,806 posts, read 7,270,775 times
Reputation: 3106
Didint watch but Googled a list

One wore Nike stuff
three wore a ribbon in support of reuniting illegal immigrant families.
One wore a planned parenthood pin
One asked people to vote Dem in Minn
One protested Kavanaugh
Racial diversity was pushed in 2 skits
Two did some minor Trump digs
One did a dig against Roseanne Barr
One pushed support of the LGBTQIOJJFEWJOWVG community.

Looks like it was only a 4/10 on the liberal politics meter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
11,488 posts, read 8,145,093 times
Reputation: 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. This from the person who started a thread because he was triggered by what he didn't even see.

Your threads are always comedy gold, ELO. In fact, I'd say they are so unintentionally funny they deserve an Emmy.
Please quote where i was "triggered"? I simply asked a question if anyone watched a tv show..that indicates being "triggered"? I think you are grasping at straws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM
 
2,580 posts, read 1,045,457 times
Reputation: 1710
Yes somebody watched it. But not I and probably not many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Status: "JOBS NOT MOBS!" (set 15 days ago)
 
2,980 posts, read 497,609 times
Reputation: 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
LOL a whole thread to complain about the Emmys even though all of you refused to watch it. This is entertaining.
The thread is about "did anyone watch" not about if we liked or disliked it.

So?
Trump despisers come into threads about his speeches and complain about things they didn't hear him say because they didn't watch it.

It's called having an opinion and giving it.

It triggers the left to for conservatives to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 AM
 
5,652 posts, read 5,114,314 times
Reputation: 10162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, I am guessing you actually DID watch it huh? Any thoughts?
Nope. Flipped past it once, saw the lady who won the best actress award for comedy. I thought "Oh I keep meaning to check out that show". Then I turned. LOL

The next time I flipped past it a group of people were on the stage... so I guess a show had just won something?

I like SNL but the 2 guys who do the news are not funny enough IMO for me to watch a whole show of them. Plus I don't watch enough TV to really know all the nominees. So I didn't watch.

But I'm not angry it exists or anything.

I did see some pretty dresses on the internet today. That was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The thread is about "did anyone watch" not about if we liked or disliked it.

So?
Trump despisers come into threads about his speeches and complain about things they didn't hear him say because they didn't watch it.

It's called having an opinion and giving it.

It triggers the left to for conservatives to do so.
It may have started out soliciting opinions of people who watched it, but the first page was full of "I refused to watch because I hate those people" "I hate them more" "They are stinky pants" "They suck and I hate them too". LOL

It's a message board. You post your opinions, and other people may have opinions about your opinions. You'll live. Meanwhile I will laugh, because this is funny to me. **shrugs**

Last edited by Tinawina; 09-18-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 AM
 
15,057 posts, read 4,919,318 times
Reputation: 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Didint watch but Googled a list

One wore Nike stuff
three wore a ribbon in support of reuniting illegal immigrant families.
One wore a planned parenthood pin
One asked people to vote Dem in Minn
One protested Kavanaugh
Racial diversity was pushed in 2 skits
Two did some minor Trump digs
One did a dig against Roseanne Barr
One pushed support of the LGBTQIOJJFEWJOWVG community.

Looks like it was only a 4/10 on the liberal politics meter.
But it was an 11 on the triggering the OP & Co. scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:37 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
54,215 posts, read 38,274,749 times
Reputation: 26709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Seems like you are complaining enough for 4 or 5 other people. If you are so triggered by this thread..THEN LEAVE..geeze

You're the one apparently triggered by something you didn't see. Those things are often known as hallucinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 AM
 
Location: SWFL
21,465 posts, read 18,167,629 times
Reputation: 18841
Didn't know it was on last night. Even if I had, I wouldn't have watched it. I don't watch enough network to know any shows.

Btw, WTH is LGBTQIOJJFEWJOWVG?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:54 AM
 
Location: In the reddest part of the bluest state
2,606 posts, read 933,756 times
Reputation: 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
No I didn't watch it. And no I'm not outraged.

A couple of thoughts though:

When I watch TV shows like athletic events and awards shows (which I don't anymore but I used to) I want to be distracted and entertained. The big news about football isn't football, it's about who kneels and who doesn't. The big news about awards shows isn't about the craft of actors/producers/writers, it's about who insulted the president and how.

When athletes and actors venture so far away from their professional accomplishments that nobody cares about their accomplishments, there's a problem. When ratings negatively affect bottom line dollars there's a problem. When athletes and actors consciously and deliberately anger and/or alienate large portions of their supporters, there's a problem. Truthfully I don't care as much as others on this forum seem to care. Also truthfully, I think that there are tangible and legitimate ways to disagree with policy or president that WOULDN'T alienate large portions of the population. There are business-smart ways to make your point and "politic" for leaders and policies you DO support. But what they're all doing isn't that.

Demonizing, insulting, disrespecting, minimizing, alienating and basically showing you a$$, neither ingratiates yourself to the masses, furthers your agendas in positive and productive ways, or has the expectation of meaningful results. After almost 2 years their behavior has resulted in nothing of consequence. But they are so full of themselves and so full of hatred that they either don't care or don't realize just how sad and distasteful they appear to so many.
But if you don't watch, you'll never know. Pretty much the only network shows I watch are Big Bang and Modern Family. I have no idea what anyone's politics are on those shows or who is dating who because it has no impact on how much I enjoy them. I don't watch gossip shows or read the magazines so I don't feed the outrage machine and seek validation for my beliefs by doing so.
You really do have to seek out that information....or you can just watch the shows.

That's what makes the op so ridiculous. Didn't watch the show, but very sure its sucked and Hollywood libs and blah, blah, blah. I could get the same level of discourse in a middle school lunch room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top