U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2018, 02:49 PM
 
12,089 posts, read 5,679,437 times
Reputation: 13606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Facebook Group Calls for NFL Boycott on Veterans Day Weekend | Fox News Insider



Until The league and advertisers feel the pain, they will continue to let this practice slide and not televise the Anthem.

I support this 100%
Shrug, have at it. Big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
11,327 posts, read 7,351,662 times
Reputation: 8106
I will still be watching. Let them kneel, stand or stay in the locker room. They are free to do what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 PM
 
607 posts, read 151,459 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I will still be watching. Let them kneel, stand or stay in the locker room. They are free to do what they want.
Let them stay in the locker room. Maybe they should be thinking about how to catch the ball, run with the ball, throw the ball or kick the ball first. As in do their job. That seems to be difficult for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:00 PM
 
12,089 posts, read 5,679,437 times
Reputation: 13606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Let them stay in the locker room. Maybe they should be thinking about how to catch the ball, run with the ball, throw the ball or kick the ball first. As in do their job. That seems to be difficult for many.
Really? How so? Do you have specific examples to back this up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:08 PM
 
19,478 posts, read 10,895,178 times
Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The NFL continues to suffer declining ratings, and revenue. This is just the tip of the iceberg. People are tired of having politics forced on them during their entertainment time when they are trying to relax, not get heartburn.
Ratings are declining over all.

NFL is down 5% but TV overall ratings for the major networks is down an average of 8%......

Ratings being lower is a symptom of a changing way we get our entertainment.

People just look naive when they try to put it on anything more than that.

It's just silly.

oh and while ratings are down -- last years profits from TV ads are up for the NFL.

Seriously-- we just have to stop making up stuff. It just is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,554 posts, read 1,799,182 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ratings are declining over all.

NFL is down 5% but TV overall ratings for the major networks is down an average of 8%......

Ratings being lower is a symptom of a changing way we get our entertainment.

People just look naive when they try to put it on anything more than that.

It's just silly.

oh and while ratings are down -- last years profits from TV ads are up for the NFL.

Seriously-- we just have to stop making up stuff. It just is silly.
Yep, and even though the NFL saw a decline in ratings they saw a 4.9 percent increase in revenue. Those TV contracts are good through the end of the 2021 season, so they will continue to maintain revenue growth through the current and 3 additional seasons, regardless as to the ratings.

Ratings are down in most sports, including MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football and Nascar. The NFL will always be above the others and because of it advertisers will be willing to pay top dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 PM
 
607 posts, read 151,459 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Really? How so? Do you have specific examples to back this up?
The Patriots game this past Sunday. Terrible game! Couldnt throw the ball, run with the ball, or defend the ball!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:03 PM
 
38,846 posts, read 15,640,537 times
Reputation: 17068
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

NFL is down 5% but TV overall ratings for the major networks is down an average of 8%......
NFL ratings are down 14%, and this season's opener was the lowest ratings not seen in years.


It's a stunning drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Here and there
1,765 posts, read 3,511,029 times
Reputation: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
The Patriots game this past Sunday. Terrible game! Couldnt throw the ball, run with the ball, or defend the ball!
Sorta one demensional on your end. Jacksonville could throw, could run and could defend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Boston
5,201 posts, read 1,518,536 times
Reputation: 3847
a lot of empty seats last Sunday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top