U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:14 PM

977 posts, read 175,956 times

Advertisements

This video is a little old but it's the best I've seen to summarize everything about war in just 10 min. I know they are millions of people who think the job of soldiers is something noble: fight terrorism, for peace and democracy, and all sort of imaginary hopes. This veteran goes right to the point and tell us what war is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6L9NTpkYnI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 01:33 PM

1,481 posts, read 595,024 times
It's all true. War is organized murder and it harms everyone that is in the war. Every war the US fought after WWII and Korea has been a criminal for profit enterprise. In truth we are powerless to do anything about it. The last anti-war candidate was RFK, and he was killed because of it. The last anti-war president was Jimmy Carter and he was rendered politically hamstrung and impotent because of it. This guy has 7700 youtube views since 2013. He is preaching to the choir. The establishment media gets hundreds of millions of views every day. For more than 50 years, whenever I've spoken to a friend or relative who was a combat vet, I've asked them if they had known in advance what war was really like, and if they had been given the choice whether or not to go, would they have gone. Every one of them said no, given that knowledge in advance and a choice, they wouldn't have gone.

Last edited by bobspez; 09-18-2018 at 01:42 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 05:41 PM

977 posts, read 175,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
It's all true. War is organized murder and it harms everyone that is in the war. Every war the US fought after WWII and Korea has been a criminal for profit enterprise. In truth we are powerless to do anything about it. The last anti-war candidate was RFK, and he was killed because of it. The last anti-war president was Jimmy Carter and he was rendered politically hamstrung and impotent because of it. This guy has 7700 youtube views since 2013. He is preaching to the choir. The establishment media gets hundreds of millions of views every day. For more than 50 years, whenever I've spoken to a friend or relative who was a combat vet, I've asked them if they had known in advance what war was really like, and if they had been given the choice whether or not to go, would they have gone. Every one of them said no, given that knowledge in advance and a choice, they wouldn't have gone.

Not a popular topic. Had I showed a video about rep said vs dem said, people will immediately jump to defend their side. However, it is bad manner to tell the truth about wars when your country is starting them. Everyone just blind-fully wish there is a greater good in all of this, and ignore the obvious reasons: money & power.

So many influences, industries, business and finances revolve around the military death machine so wars won't ever stop. But it would be good if they just stop pretending and making bogus excuses, and admit that all modern wars are about taking control of countries who refuse to adopt the American/western European economic model.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:42 PM

820 posts, read 218,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Haha. Carter was impotent because he was impotent! Crisis of confidence much?
As for the topic hey whatever. The MAJORITY of vets are proud of their country and know they did what had to be done. Some wars seem optional like Vietnam or Iraq but those who understand the complexity of foreign policy accept they probably had to be fought.
Stuff like WW2 or Afghanistan were no brainers are you claiming we shouldnt have fought them?
Nonsense.
You can move to Ireland or Belgium if you want to live amongst the ankle biters who let the big imperialists fight the conflicts they criticize. And there is nothing noble about lying down for Stalin... Saddam... Hitler... the Rising Sun... Communism...

Old 09-18-2018, 06:56 PM

15,388 posts, read 8,045,097 times
My Father stormed the beach at Omaha France and was shot multiple times and eventually captured and guess what, he hated war....others glorified what he did but he never did and prayed he didn't kill any Germans. He did have a camaraderie with others that like him saw the Hell of war but he never enjoyed talking about it ever.

I'm a veteran that fortunately never saw battle....yes, we should be prepared to fight but we should also always try to avoid it...if the cause is not worth you dying over, it's not worth it.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:06 PM

The only no brainer here seems to be you. Haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Haha. Carter was impotent because he was impotent! Crisis of confidence much?
As for the topic hey whatever. The MAJORITY of vets are proud of their country and know they did what had to be done. Some wars seem optional like Vietnam or Iraq but those who understand the complexity of foreign policy accept they probably had to be fought.
Stuff like WW2 or Afghanistan were no brainers are you claiming we shouldnt have fought them?
Nonsense.
You can move to Ireland or Belgium if you want to live amongst the ankle biters who let the big imperialists fight the conflicts they criticize. And there is nothing noble about lying down for Stalin... Saddam... Hitler... the Rising Sun... Communism...

Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 PM

My Dad was in the infantry in WWII and fought in the Italian campaign and the Battle of the Bulge. He had a bunch of ribbons and a thank you letter from President Harry Truman. He never belonged to or wanted anything to do with any veteran organizations. Never talked about the war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My Father stormed the beach at Omaha France and was shot multiple times and eventually captured and guess what, he hated war....others glorified what he did but he never did and prayed he didn't kill any Germans. He did have a camaraderie with others that like him saw the Hell of war but he never enjoyed talking about it ever.

I'm a veteran that fortunately never saw battle....yes, we should be prepared to fight but we should also always try to avoid it...if the cause is not worth you dying over, it's not worth it.

Last edited by bobspez; 09-18-2018 at 07:31 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 08:15 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,351,002 times
This will never get traction in the U.S.

Because here in the Land of the Free, "Supporting the Troops" means killing as many as possible for no good reason

Old 09-18-2018, 09:37 PM

15,016 posts, read 8,562,829 times
One of the more remarkable individuals in regards to this type of thing, was Pat Tillman, the Arizona State and Arizona Cardinals football star.

He gave it all up, all the millions of dollars and fame, and enlisted in the Army not long after 9/11 (as did his brother). He did so in order to fulfill a sense of patriotic duty he felt he owed to America. And not only did he enlist, but he enlisted to try out for probably the most elite light infantry unit in the world, the Army Ranger Battalion, at age 26. Not only did he make it through the brutal selection process to make it to a Ranger Battalion, but he apparently thrived there.

Eventually though, Pat became very disillusioned with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and felt they were illegal wars and the US were occupiers. In fact Pat planned on meeting with noted anti-war activist Noam Chomsky after his rotation in Afghanistan, and most likely would have become a very prominent anti-war activist (as his brother eventually did). Of course Pat lost his life in Afghanistan, gunned down by his own Ranger teammates (some of whom later were involved in a cover up of what happened, and lied to Pat's brother about what happened). And, of course, the U.S. government totally fabricated a story about Pat's heroism against non existent Taliban fighters which he was posthumously awarded a Silver Star. How ironic the US government would be doing the very things Pat would have spoken out against.

To this day, some try to twist the truth in order to portray Pat as the ideal patriotic war hero. To me, Pat was indeed a true hero. He gave up millions of dollars and the comfort and trappings of fame, in order to enlist in the US Army as an elite Army Ranger, and gave his life for it. And eventually, he would have been a very notable vocal anti-war and anti-imperialist activist in America, the kind of person that would routinely get insulted and mocked on this forum by the pro-war Team America (f**k yeah).

Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 PM

21,479 posts, read 7,167,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
This will never get traction in the U.S.

Because here in the Land of the Free, "Supporting the Troops" means killing as many as possible for no good reason

That sounds like reason enough to me.
We need to stay in practice for when a good war comes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or