U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:24 PM

21,408 posts, read 10,676,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
So you're not a liberal?
Thatís patently obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:25 PM

148 posts, read 146,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Who cares what that dude thinks. BS (ironic initials) is basically the left's version of Trump. Full of lies, short on details, grand promises that no sane person should believe, and terrible hair to boot!
Advocating for a fair economic system that works on the behalf of the 99%. If that's wrong, then Ted Bundy is right.

Advocating for marriage equality. If that's wrong, then David Duke is right.

Advocating for marijuana decriminalization. If that's wrong, then George Wallace is right.

Whose side are you on? Nihilistic right-wing fascists, or the American people?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Thatís patently obvious.
Thank you for being honest. I reward you two points for honesty.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 PM

32,156 posts, read 39,250,114 times
Quote:
Advocating for a fair economic system that works on the behalf of the 99%. If that's wrong, then Ted Bundy is right.

Advocating for marijuana decriminalization. If that's wrong, then George Wallace is right.

And you wonder why no one can discuss anything.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:28 PM

12,199 posts, read 4,079,179 times
Quote:
I agree with this. It's imperative that we realize the greater picture. Systemic corruption and greed (within' both parties, mind you, but especially Reps) breeds folks like him. If not for this culture of greed and political prostitution, Dolt 45 would be nowhere today.
Yes, its no surprise that as the war on labor unions took off starting from 1980 onwards, both parties abandoned the 90% of the population and ran into the arms of the corporate elite class. We live in a two party duopoly that restricts voices and choices for the American people and when both parties abandon the people and the worker, we get boneheaded authoritarians like Trump. Its going to get far worse is my prediction. The oligarchy never learns. The New Deal was implemented to save capitalism from itself as workers were ready with their pitchforks in 1930 when the economy crashed. Since the 1980s, the billionaire class have gone on an all out assault on the workers and the unions that built the middle class. The actions of the corporate democrats must be seen in light of their big money donors. They are simply republican lights and their real threat is non-corrupt progressives, not the GOP. They serve the same donors.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
A small note. Walter Mondale is still among the living so don't put him in a grave to spin in yet.
My bad. Thank you. I mixed his death up with his daughter's, Eleanor. Good to know that Mondale's heart is still beating strong, as is Carter's.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:32 PM

10,293 posts, read 5,417,266 times
Quote:

Normally I'd reply, but a personal attack like this doesn't warrant it. You have no idea what my political views are, but to essentially call me David Duke, Ted Bundy, and George Wallace all in one...well I won't even tell you where you can go and what you can do while you are there, but as horrible s you sound you can probably take a few good guesses.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And you wonder why no one can discuss anything.
Might be a false equivalency. My point WAS that if you oppose all three of those policies, then you don't have the right to call yourself a "progressive".

Old 09-18-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Normally I'd reply, but a personal attack like this doesn't warrant it. You have no idea what my political views are, but to essentially call me David Duke, Ted Bundy, and George Wallace all in one...well I won't even tell you where you can go and what you can do while you are there, but as horrible s you sound you can probably take a few good guesses.
You wrote Mr Sanders off as another "Trump". This is blatantly ignorant. Just because you're a well-educated and well-accomplished individual, and I respect you for that, doesn't mean that you are always in the right.

Why don't you cite some examples of how Bernie Sanders is a proponent of fascism? Newsflash: being pro-marijuana doesn't make you a "fascist". Au contraire. And another note, Mr Sanders is closer to Mrs Clinton (policy-wise) than anyone in the Republican't Party and that includes tRump.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:41 PM

10,293 posts, read 5,417,266 times
Quote:
You wrote Mr Sanders off as another "Trump". This is blatantly ignorant. Just because you're a well-educated and well-accomplished individual, and I respect you for that, doesn't mean that you are always in the right.

Why don't you cite some examples of how Bernie Sanders is a proponent of fascism? Newsflash: being pro-marijuana doesn't make you a "fascist". Au contraire. And another note, Mr Sanders is closer to Mrs Clinton (policy-wise) than anyone in the Republican't Party and that includes tRump.
You are just making garbage up as you go. Nothing about what I said is blatantly ignorant. He makes grand sweeping statements about the economy and economics that are not based in fact, just like Trump. He tried to sell voters on a bunch of grand plans that he knew were lies, and that he could never implement just like Trump, and took their money like gullible fools just like Trump did with some of his investors and "students" at his school.

And for the record, I'm pro weed, not a progressive, don't think I'm always right, and don't care how anyone thinks he stacks up with Clinton since she somehow managed to get beat by one of the worst candidates this country has ever seen.

I can't remember the last time there was a decent candidate in my adult voting life, clinging to all of these past garbage candidates is just clinging to failure in some cases and the same old nonsense in most other cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or