U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:05 PM

7,018 posts, read 10,321,824 times

Advertisements

The "Resisters" will soon be "Retreating"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 12:21 PM

3,005 posts, read 468,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I agree with you but I am wondering what good ideas anyone thinks they Democrats have. As far as I can tell, these are there ideas:

Resist Trump and get him out of office
Increase taxes
Give away more free stuff
Demonize police
Allow crime to run rampant
Get an abortion all the way up to the day of the birth
Open borders/abolish ICE

Did I get all of them?
Trump ran on alot of those cited above...

Just switch in Bill and Hillary,
Give away taxpayer dollars to select Republicans in power....followed by paying it back out of Medicare and SS from taxpayers...so we pay out twice...,
Demonize our Courtrys security force/ CIA/FBI and only believe what HE tells us...
Death penalty likely on the table for women who have abortions...
Doctors who perform abortions ....crickets...
Starve American businesses of much needed traditional labor from the South then start a tariff war to plow what business is left in America 6 feet under...

OMyEverlasting Gobstopper how did he ever get elected?
Or did he?
😚

Democrats need only clear and concise messages on every billboard , videotron, commercial, stadium banner, skywriting...we are not trump republicans.

Republicans did all the " evidence" gathering themselves over the past two years. Democrats just need to copy and paste.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:28 PM

9,041 posts, read 2,715,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I agree with you but I am wondering what good ideas anyone thinks they Democrats have. As far as I can tell, these are there ideas:

Resist Trump and get him out of office
Increase taxes
Give away more free stuff
Demonize police
Allow crime to run rampant
Get an abortion all the way up to the day of the birth
Open borders/abolish ICE

Did I get all of them?

nope you just posted a list of propaganda that is designed to keep you voting against yourself, your kids and their kids.
But frankly we don't expect to be able to convince you that you got it all wrong, you are likely very deeply embedded and most likely really believe what you are saying.

but here ya go.

Open borders? wtf are you talking about Dems have had complete power a number of times in the last 30 years and never ever ever weakened our borders. Thus you are proved wrong but you will never be able to admit your are wrong.
again, dems have controlled congress and NOT opened the borders, that is proof you are just another victim. But i get it, you guys need to be kept scared otherwise you will wise up to what is being done to your families in order for Koch boys to squeeze a few more nickels out of you and yours...

next

abortion.
Well that is just a lie. I don't know who told you dems want abortions at birth date but they lied to you. If you are correct, go ahead and prove it instead of just saying it. Otherwise i can say Republicans want to be allowed to rape babies. (see anyone can make stuff up) Somebody tricked you grizl.

next Demonize police?

Naw that you just you framing libs as bad. Libs want to protect the freedoms of the US poeple from over policing, abuse of asset forfeiture, Using tasers to punish citizens and the endless shootings of US citizens. Funny thing is until the last few years conservatives also supported protecting our rights,....

Give away more stuff.

well that is just right wing propaganda and meaningless at that. The fact you needed to put that in your list shows just how weak your attacks have become.

Increase taxes..

That old trope? really? Trump's tax cuts for the mega rich have resulted in a massive deficit. We are looking at 1 trillion!!!! and that is during an excellent economy where everyone is paying in....

A trillion!!! and you are pretending we should let the super rich and corps get away with using our roads, our airports, our military (keeping trade routes open from them) our ports, our legal systems our financial markets ... all for free or next to free.
Who do you think benefits the most from federal spending ? You or the mega rich guy with a private jet???

so yep the Dems would like to see some balance restored to taxation, but not on the working stiff or even the upper middle class, they would like to see loop holes for the wealthy and corps closed. (trump made a massive loop hole for his family's RE investments btw)..

finally Resist. It is slogan, not a great one either, but it does the job. It is a lot better than "lock her up" which is just hate .

Old 09-21-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, we resisted "FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMAITON" because it was too radical, and anti American. What is Trump doing that is either of these, or both?
easy "anti american".

Trump has been repeatedly attacking our legal system . There ya go. That is anti american and you know and you can't deny it because there are hours of footage where Trump directly attacks our Judicial system.

shame on him, there is no excuse for his anti american behaviors.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Most people who say "we need single payer" actually mean we need universal coverage, which we do for many reasons. They are not the same thing. There are many different models for achieveing universal coverage that are not single payer and most would be better for the US than single payer.

Yep.

Unless the poeple of the US are simply not up to the challenge and somehow inferior to the rest of the developed there is zero reason of us to NOT have universal healthcare coverage.

But lets face it. the donors to the Republican Party don't want it. They don't want workers to be free to move jobs with ease.
tying healthcare to employment ensures workers are bound to their employers more tightly. It put more power in the large employers hands and takes it from the employee. That is the primary reason people like the Koch boys have fought so hard for so long to block Americans from getting unfettered access to coverage....

Of course pharma and the entire HC industry are milking US citizens dry at the same time, we pay 3 times as much as the British and don't even live longer. What if we took their system or the CAD system and spent what we do today! imagine what we would get if we just spent the same amount of money but stopped the massive ripoff and freed employees from employers controlling their healthcare and healthcare options..

Old 09-21-2018, 12:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 321,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
The "Resisters" will soon be "Retreating"
When a POTUS is a liberal SJW liberal mother-in-law, we might see a mass retreat.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:55 PM

4,807 posts, read 1,355,105 times
I don't believe "Resist!" was a Democratic Party slogan. They may have picked it up, but it originated elsewhere - possibly with feminist protesters or black protesters.

I agree, it's not a great slogan.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:16 PM

44,332 posts, read 35,387,011 times
This "resist" thing is in the process of backfiring. Who in the heck is going to be drawn to negativism and a negative way of thinking? Today's Democrat Party has no message. None. We have an improving economy and record job growth, but what are Democrats wanting to do? Rip it all apart and send us back to second banana status.

It's backfiring, folks. It hasn't worked with people, and it's not going to work. President Trump, meanwhile, drew tens of thousands to his Las Vegas rally last night. Nobody's interested in the so-called "resistance".

Old 09-22-2018, 02:34 AM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Nobody knows what they are resisting, things have only gotten better under Trump. I sympathize with people who just don't like him but that's not enough reason try and wreck our system of government and disrupt society. I suspect for many it's a matter of pride, they claimed their position during the election and would look stupid now if they stopped caring.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:37 AM

17,659 posts, read 10,201,146 times
Honestly, I don't see how Trump supporters aren't embarrassed. Even Trump isn't embarrassed. When more than member of his administration has made comments about invoking the 25th Amendment - something I've never heard before, and he acts like they're the ones with a problem? And his supporters don't see anything wrong with that. Resist? That is the absolute minimum we should be doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or