Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:02 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"We"? You're part of this Resist movement?

There is a huge difference between normal Democrats and those in the Resist movement. I have zero respect for anyone in that movement. What a disappointing let down if you are part of it.
Do you honestly believe that anyone on the opposite side of the political spectrum from you cares whether you respect them or not? I'll give you a hint: they DON'T!

I know I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:06 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Every Democrat runs off emotion, not logic. They hate Trump, they hate you, they hate me, they love everyone who agrees with them, and they want everyone that agrees with them to have whatever they want at the expense of you and me.
I can't even begin to describe how untrue this is. I don't hate Trump, you, or anyone on the other side of the political aisle. I simply think you all are severely misguided. That's a long way from "hate".

Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I honestly don't understand why the Democratic Party thinks "RESIST!!" resonates with Independents and undecided voters

It is not a message for undecided voters. It is what people feel they need to do for themselves. Considering they have a selfish and amoral con man doing great harm to the country, they need to fight back. This didn't come from the DNC.

So it's not about you, if you can not see the problem it is not a message for you ...
WE had that for 8 years and the Dems didn't seem to mind. We almost got stuck with I am for sale Hillary Clinton and the dems seem miffed that she lost. Maybe they should have backed a respectable candidate like Webb instead.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:24 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL — A neighbor on my road has a huge sign in her yard professionally made with a fancy RESIST!! painted on it.
A few days ago, someone spray painted the word “liberals” under the “RESIST !” .
So it's a cute little prank when a conservative vandalizes a liberal sign.............

But it's defcon 1 when a liberal "destroys" a Trump sign.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Every Democrat runs off emotion, not logic. They hate Trump, they hate you, they hate me, they love everyone who agrees with them, and they want everyone that agrees with them to have whatever they want at the expense of you and me. They're guided by a God-given moral compass, while claiming there's no God or that, if He's real, he's terrible and petty because He would allow people like you and me to prosper and give us the idea that killing unborn babies is wrong because then we'd have to stop having so much pre-marital unprotected sex. They want justice for all but automatically assume everyone they disagree with is guilty and have no actual sense of justice. They want to never have to play bad cop and tell the hard truth to someone, because it's easier to just 'let you do you'. They claim to be tolerant, but they hate everyone that disagrees with them. I've literally never met one liberal in my entire life who could have a conversation on politics with me for more than 10 minutes without going off on tangents about specific politicians or specific events in their life that are completely separate from the actual issue we're discussing. They live in a fake reality that's insulated from everything else (on purpose) so that they never have to see the truth. It wouldn't be so bad if their ideas weren't a cancer on society
If you are Republican (which you most likely are because only partisan sheep post like this)you are beyond blind to how similar the parties are. The vast majority of Republicans are as bad and many are worse. I've met some dumb Democrats, but the only Republicans I have ever met who can even discuss politics at all beyond simplified one or two sentence talking points are those what hate what the party has become. They stick with the party hoping the few intelligent ones will prevail.

Last edited by detshen; 09-20-2018 at 09:33 PM..

Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I regularly listen to Doctor Radio. They have a guy who talks all about health insurance and answers caller's questions. People always say we need single payer. This guy is as liberal as they come and he talks about how Americans would hate single payer and why. He says no more private rooms. Wait months for elective surgeries and tests. Not picking their doctor or hospitals. But the most interesting thing he said, IMO, was the part about how we in America do so much R&D and develop most new procedures and drugs. There would be less incentive to do any of that if we had single payer. Why do people think we do most of it here? Duh. But he also pointed out that we are subsidizing OTHER countries by developing these new drugs and procedures.
Most people who say "we need single payer" actually mean we need universal coverage, which we do for many reasons. They are not the same thing. There are many different models for achieveing universal coverage that are not single payer and most would be better for the US than single payer.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL — A neighbor on my road has a huge sign in her yard professionally made with a fancy RESIST!! painted on it.
A few days ago, someone spray painted the word “liberals” under the “RESIST !” .
LOL, I love it.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:32 AM

200 posts, read 548,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I love it.
Well....that is illegal. Although the sign could be somewhat offensive, the owner should still have his/her freedom of speech. I saw on Next Door some people even took those away from their neighbors. That is illegal and whoever did it also did not respect the freedom of speech.

OP. I'm also like you a libertarian leaning independent. I disagree with a lot of the ideologies in both parties but the recent events and increasingly biased mainstream media have driven me toward the GOP, especially president Trump, ironically whom I voted against just recently. On things that I care the most, jobs, taxes, foreign policies (less wars so far than both of previous presidents) he has done much better than I expected. Not that I agree that we need to build a great wall or government should be involved in LGBT issues, but those are NOT the issues I care the most about. The recent event in which Dems wanting to waste even more of taxpayers' money on another political investigation drove me even further away from them.

I still remember my friend who is a 28 yo loyal democrat said after the 2016 election.
He said while he was really disappointed that Hillary lost, at least there would be hope of a tax cut coming as promised. And it did come.

Even so, I still want to remain independent and would reevaluate the situation as things can change and parties can change too. I don't want to join either party as there is just too much that I cannot agree with on both sides. It's also very common that politicians can switch parties. I'm really only supporting the GOP in support of the president's policies. It's truly ironic that I voted against him earlier...and I still do not agree with some of his positions.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:07 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I regularly listen to Doctor Radio. They have a guy who talks all about health insurance and answers caller's questions. People always say we need single payer. This guy is as liberal as they come and he talks about how Americans would hate single payer and why. He says no more private rooms. Wait months for elective surgeries and tests. Not picking their doctor or hospitals. But the most interesting thing he said, IMO, was the part about how we in America do so much R&D and develop most new procedures and drugs. There would be less incentive to do any of that if we had single payer. Why do people think we do most of it here? Duh. But he also pointed out that we are subsidizing OTHER countries by developing these new drugs and procedures.
The alternative that never gets on the table is the "R" word. Regulation is the one thing that the health care cartel fears the most.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:01 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Didn't the Tea Party and far-right republicans "resist" Obama as much as they possibly could for 8 years?

Didn't Mitch McConnell try to resist EVERYTHING Obama tried to do legislatively as much as he possibly could for 8 years?
Yes, we resisted "FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMAITON" because it was too radical, and anti American. What is Trump doing that is either of these, or both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies