U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 11:25 AM

29,944 posts, read 18,947,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No testing, even if it was only for a few months....what did the last 4 presidents get?

Zero...

No testing because there main test site collapsed?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 11:27 AM

5,000 posts, read 2,537,298 times
So when will N Korea not have Nukes by? Probably around the same time that Trump finds morals.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:34 AM

2,643 posts, read 1,823,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

Kim Jong Un KNOWS this, he is not stupid. He is going to do everything in his power either with or without the approval of the USA to continue his bomb and ballistic missile development program. Trump is too ego-blind to understand this. Kim is running rings around him, and laughing all the way.
Wrong. You are ignoring the fact that we still hold the upper hand over them in this situation.

The reality is that there is nothing stopping us from reinstating military exercises, ramping up sanctions, and in general, returning to where we were before all of this started. And if we have to return to that point, things will probably get more aggressive.

This idea that NK tells us no, and we simply roll over and submit is silly. We ALWAYS have the ability to push back.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:36 AM

6,717 posts, read 4,752,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
After decades of nothing at all happening...... and problems getting WORSE....

We at least have the North Koreans moving in the right direction.

THAT . IS . PROGRESS

And TRUMP gets the credit, not Obama, Not Hillary, Not the democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Absolutely right. Remember that though, when he tries to blame it all on Hillary and Obama, because he gets credit.

I'll have to live with that, if N. Korea actually dismantles. I feel pretty safe that I won't be eating crow for dinner.

You'll have to live with that if N. Korea doesn't dismantle. TRUMP get's credit for it. I hear Crow goes nice with Kim Chee.
It's really hard to resist saying "I told you so", but it's so appropriate that it really needs to be said. And I'll just let those little nuggets below speak for themselve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
MAGA has been the success story with a lasting legacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump wining. NK is doing things for Trump that Bill Clinton & Obama never accomplished. Hasn't cost the American taxpayer anything.

Leftist heads are exploding. They are in full denial. They keep thinking of love for bomb bomb bomb Iran McCain.

#MAGA

Old 03-15-2019, 11:39 AM

29,944 posts, read 18,947,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Wrong. You are ignoring the fact that we still hold the upper hand over them in this situation.

The reality is that there is nothing stopping us from reinstating military exercises, ramping up sanctions, and in general, returning to where we were before all of this started. And if we have to return to that point, things will probably get more aggressive.

This idea that NK tells us no, and we simply roll over and submit is silly. We ALWAYS have the ability to push back.

We stopped military exercises, and NK never really stopped their nuke program. Yay?

I have no trouble with Trump trying, I think it was bad to give NK the world stage, but I can live with that.

But to declare any type of success is delusional.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-15-2019, 11:40 AM

5,000 posts, read 2,537,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We stopped military exercises, and NK never really stopped their nuke program. Yay?

I have no trouble with Trump trying, I think it was bad to give NK the world stage, but I can live with that.

It was successful... a successful photo op.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 AM

2,643 posts, read 1,823,709 times
Quote:

Many people take whatever he says too literally, IMO. I don't necessarily think what he says here means anything significant because, at the end of the day, the results will speak for themselves. We can all easily see whether or not NK will be denuclearized. There are simply too many people monitoring this whole thing that one person's word doesn't mean much. He's smart enough to know that.

I don't think Trump meant what he said as an absolute statement, rather that things are moving in the right direction. And in the long run, he may be right. Time will tell.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:48 AM

6,717 posts, read 4,752,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He did try something new, and made progress. NK wanted to much, so he walked away. This is where the left uses double standards....

Before the 2nd summit...the left: trump is going to be used again, just like before.
trump: Sorry the deal is no good.
the left: HOW DARE YOU WALK AWAY FORM THE TABLE....

We gave NK nothing, I'll ask you, what countries are flocking to NK to help them out, now that he is on the same level as all world leaders?
China: https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/chi...a-relationship
Russia: (this one predates the 2nd summit, but... https://www.cfr.org/blog/russias-rol...ou-might-think

I think there is also certainly Iran.

Basically, Trump went in, "tried something different", and actually made it worse for US and opened the door for others to exploit. Of the people we want to open that door for, I would think China, Russia and Iran are near the bottom of the list. (By "we", I mean the American people, not "Trump by Proxy")

Old 03-15-2019, 01:04 PM

31,391 posts, read 16,057,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What did he get done? NK had nukes before Trump. NK still has nukes and has no plans to denuclearize. Not sure how that is getting something done.
He gave Kim Jong-un a solid standing boost by treating him as an equal. I guess that counts as getting something done.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM

32,608 posts, read 17,889,693 times
Quote:

Wrong, we stopped the annual joint exercise (only 1), that's it....the DMZ is still flown, the basic Unit exercises are still going on. The Place in SK where the US Army are allowed to do their annual training has to be booked a year in advance, that's still in place.

The world stage, what does that provide NK? What countries are now flocking to NK to help them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies