U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 AM

9,898 posts, read 3,255,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
After decades of nothing at all happening...... and problems getting WORSE....

We at least have the North Koreans moving in the right direction.

THAT . IS . PROGRESS

And TRUMP gets the credit, not Obama, Not Hillary, Not the democrats.

either you are very young or you did not follow politics the last 30 years...

This pattern of vague promises in return for hard currency and aid, has been going on for decades. One might say it is a family tradition at this point. They have never ever actually followed through. I suggest that you beergeek, get googling and check out the real world history of NK manipulation of US and other global leaders.

Really instead of posting about "winning" research it. you might be surprised to find out this pattern is played out time and time again. They only thing different this time is the date and Trump's grandstanding.

As to what POTUS won what. Well Obama is the only POTUS who wins a small "well done". Because Obama is the only POTUS in a long time not to get sucked into the games played by NK dictatorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 11:03 AM

20,327 posts, read 10,409,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Agreed, but what would you rather do, move forward cautiously and have the nukes dismantled or just not care....and let them have nukes?
There is nothing in this pledge about dismantling nukes, just that NK will dismantle one nuke complex IF the US does some unspecified thing.

You seem to be getting ahead of yourself here with talking about NK dismantling all of their nukes.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:05 AM

33,982 posts, read 18,471,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's been in the works for years..

Be specific, what has "been in the works" for years?

Quote:
And no -- Trump does not get a life time of being responsible for peace in Korea because he took a trip in February and showed Kim his car.

Who started the ball rolling, even Moon, says it was because of trump....

Old 09-19-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Trump and his cultists already tried to claim the Nobel Peace Prize and insisted that the danger of NK was over. Then they forgot about it for months. And now we're back on track for world peace. Mmmkay. Let us know when it happens for real.

Show us were trump said he deserves the nobel piece prize?...we shall wait...

No, those that support trump knows it takes time, the Obama boot lickers are the ones who wanted it right now or nothing....just as you do, "let us know when it happens for real."

Old 09-19-2018, 11:09 AM

10,503 posts, read 3,958,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kim-agree...095939910.html

Trump wins again. His methods are unconventional -- and exactly what this country needed after decade after decade of the establishment's politicians doing what politicians do best....NOTHING.
The North Koreans have agreed to dismantle their nukes quite often over a period of decades and then they reneg later. I like Trump's approach to these negotiations, but let's wait until we actually see the dismantling take place before we start celebrating this.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is nothing in this pledge about dismantling nukes, just that NK will dismantle one nuke complex IF the US does some unspecified thing.

You seem to be getting ahead of yourself here with talking about NK dismantling all of their nukes.

So, it's not moving forward?

Old 09-19-2018, 11:15 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,688,598 times
Quote:
By George, I think you've got it!

See the post right above yours from a Trump supporter explaining what you can't seem to get.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM

20,327 posts, read 10,409,885 times
Quote:
No, it's the same old crap different year. NK had promised this and that for decades, and has never followed through.

Trump went to one big televised meeting and declared we are all safe when nothing was done at all. NK says they will dismantle one complex if the US does some not yet specified thing first. Looks like a set up for the same outcome that has been seen before. The US does whatever NK asks and NK says thanks, but doesn't keep up their side.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM

2,963 posts, read 3,044,277 times
Quote:
I read we had no details...did you get some.

WOW - -you are good.

Didn't Kim agree to dismantle nukes with Trump already?

Hmmm.
Sounds like double-dipping to me. I thought the world was already safe? I thought the threat of nukes from North Korea was already solved back in June! What happened? How could Kim negotiate denuclearization to South Korea if he already negotiated it with Trump?

That would be like my offering to pay $10 for lunch at McDonalds and then walking into a Burger King and saying "well, I already paid $10 at McDonalds for lunch, so give me lunch here too."

From everything that I'm reading (apparently on fake news sites!), the US-North Korea negotiations stalled. So, what's going right now doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Trump. If you recall, the Korea Summit happened before the Trump-Kim photo-op.

I love how conservatives can draw lines between questionably related things such as this North Korea/South Korea meeting to tie it to Trump... yet they can't draw lines between straight forward things like multiple people corroborating that the Trump Tower meeting was about obtaining help from a foreign government in order to win an election.

Selective reasoning, ftw!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:17 AM

9,898 posts, read 3,255,182 times
Quote:
Show us were trump said he deserves the nobel piece prize?...we shall wait...

No, those that support trump knows it takes time, the Obama boot lickers are the ones who wanted it right now or nothing....just as you do, "let us know when it happens for real."

just google Chuck, the video of Trump rhetorically asking the crowd does his deserve one and then saying maybe is very widely available .

Most folk have seen it dozens of times and there is little point in endless reposting of the video just search it is just a click or two away for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies