U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:35 PM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So let's see:

A dem admits to trying to cop a feel while in bed with a friend while messing around 30 years ago and they remained friends afterward and Repubs are outraged.

A Supreme court nominee is accused of rape 30 years ago and it is no big deal with Repubs. as they launch a smear campaign against the victim.

See the difference?
Its the dems with the 11th hour smear. Everyone involved knows it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 01:40 PM

14,034 posts, read 9,781,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So let's see:

A dem admits to trying to cop a feel while in bed with a friend while messing around 30 years ago and they remained friends afterward and Repubs are outraged.

A Supreme court nominee is accused of rape 30 years ago and it is no big deal with Repubs. as they launch a smear campaign against the victim.

See the difference?
I’m not outraged at all by Booker’s behavior. He has a whole bunch of company in his actions. What outrages me is that you are referring to what she described as rape. At most, it was attempted rape. Rape is a very special hell of its own. What outrages me is the ever changing, ever evolving story. What outrages me is the presumption of guilt. What outrages me is she won’t testify to get an investigation rolling, she just wants to singlehandedly alter the course of our nation on her word - after she said it was four people, then said it was two people. After she said she couldn’t remember how old she was, then remembered she was 15. After she doesn’t even seem to know what happened herself.

I was almost assaulted as a teenager, I can tell your the strangest little details about the event. So, maybe it is just my memory is better, but I find it highly questionable that she couldn’t even originally come up with her age, the year, or even the season it happened.

Yes, victims ought to be believed - until they make themselves unbelievable. I’m sorry, that is exactly what she has accomplished.
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old 09-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 12 days ago)

5,296 posts, read 3,672,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Sure, there's no proof of the second and never will be proof of the second

See the difference?
as long as the Judge keeps lying, you may be right about no proof.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM

30,733 posts, read 16,968,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

So, you believe that the person who, does not remember when/where/how many....versus someone who says it never happened....oh, and the Dr. notes are wrong.....yea, alright....

Old 09-19-2018, 01:47 PM

195 posts, read 34,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Facts literally do not matter to people on the left

Whatever reality they've already made up is the truth, regardless of evidence or support

We'll just take an easy example that I used with my mom on something like a Trump visit to the affected areas of Florence:

a) if he goes, it's just a photo op and he doesn't care
b) if he doesn't go for whatever reason, he doesn't care

Either way, he doesn't care and she's right

Psychologists must be making bank off all the cases of TDS, which is really just a form of Cognitive Dissonance

Old 09-19-2018, 01:47 PM

18,088 posts, read 16,618,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1 - no one is outraged. You are projecting yourself, thinking I act like you do.

2 - no one said it's not a big deal concerning Kavanaugh if an assault happened... we just want enough evidence to call it a real assault.

3 - if Kavanaugh leaned liberal, we would hear none of this... just like with Booker, we have heard none of this issue either.

1. You wouldn't have started this thread if you weren't outraged

2. Trump supporters are out in force calling this woman a liar and attempting to smear her left and right.

3. If this was liberal judge, the right would take this and run with it and you know it.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:49 PM

21,733 posts, read 8,133,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Aug. 2013...

IN COLLEGE COLUMN, CORY BOOKER REVEALED TIME HE GROPED FRIEND, AND SHE RESISTED

Writing for his college paper, Cory Booker once admitted that he groped a friend when he was 15 years old.

Now the mayor of Newark and a candidate for New Jersey’s open Senate seat, a college-aged Booker described the experience of grabbing the girl’s breast and having his hand pushed away.

“As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next ‘move’ as if it were a chess game. With the ‘Top Gun’ slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark,’” Booker wrote.

Booker didn’t elaborate on what his “mark” was, but whatever happened, it was enough to haunt him for years to come.

“Our grouping ended soon and while no ‘relationship’ ensued, a friendship did,” he wrote. “You see, the next week in school she told me she was drunk that night and didn’t really know what she was doing.”

He also stated that he had to find a way to snatch that snatch.

The actual article is here. February 1992...

So Much for Stealing Second
What's ironic about all this is in the full context of that article Booker is writing as an enlightened, progressive, feminist...even being called a "man hater" by a male peer.

But what was an "enlightened, progressive, feminist" in 1992 (with the actual incident occurring in 1984 - how appropriate) is not good enough by today's SJW standards.

Another oddity is Booker writing "With the ‘Top Gun’ slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast" during an encounter on New Year's Eve 1984 when 'Top Gun' wasn't released until 1986.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:50 PM

19,353 posts, read 13,010,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Do you mean to tell me Democrats are hypocrites? And, that a lot of teenaged boys try to get laid?!
No, not hypocrites. Corey admitted to it up front. Living up to a wrong is not hypocrisy.

You're right about 15-year old boys, though. That statement was both true and ancient. Everyone knows what's on a 15-year old boy's mind a lot of the time.

That's why Corey felt safe in his admission, and why he got a pass.

He fessed up to something we all know. Trying to hide what is so universally understood is where the trouble always starts.

There's a deep and terrible fear of sexual predation that permeates our society at all levels now.

Since almost all teens are going to experiment sooner or later, and not all of that experimentation is going to end well, it's obviously better to be out-front in admitting to it than hiding it nowadays.

Keeping an old date gone wrong a secret will only make things worse for you when you grow up and it's found out.

Most of the fear we feel for our sons, wives, girlfriends, daughters and kin is an adult will go after them, not a kid.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:52 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,301,001 times
I don't like the way society is trending that if you ever had any kind of indiscretion in your youth then that disqualifies you from any type of major position for your whole life.

Young people rarely get everything right.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 12 days ago)

5,296 posts, read 3,672,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you believe that the person who, does not remember when/where/how many....versus someone who says it never happened....oh, and the Dr. notes are wrong.....yea, alright....
I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until such time as the truth becomes apparent one way or the other. She has basically risked her anonymity to make these accusations. I cannot fathom why anyone would lie about such a thing when even if it's the truth and she can prove it, a segment of the population wil never believe her and call her all sorts of things.

Watching some of the Kavanaugh hearings two weeks ago, he doesn't not come across to me as someone willing to tell the truth about things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies