U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM
 
12,176 posts, read 4,062,138 times
Reputation: 4868

Advertisements

Since US companies now will get higher costs than European competitors, plenty of US based companies will struggle to compete against European or other Asian imports with cheaper input costs.

Its foolish to think that a man who packs his administration with Wall Street big wigs is interested in the well being of the average worker. Trade deals are being written as we speak by Wall Street, not labor unions. Protecting jobs is absolutely not in the interest of Wall Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 PM
 
Location: PSL
7,182 posts, read 1,690,819 times
Reputation: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Well actually, I don't think that you even have a company.
LOL Nope. No company at all... I just pull things out of thin air LOL you are 100% correct. I have nothing. I dwell under a bridge and kick cans down the road and beg for money. Trade my body for smart phones and go steal WiFi from McDonald's to chitpost.
Yup. You caught me red handed. I'm just a bum.

Or am I what was the common one, a paid Russian poster?
I snuck aboard the K19 and watched tons of American movies...

Absolutely ROFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,425 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Reputation: 39904
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I always head to the thrift stores and consignment stores before I set foot inside a retail store. I find clothes with the tags still attached at thrift stores, and I love it when I find a designer name brand while I am thrift store shopping.


I bought my last gas dryer at a thrift store. For electronics I head to the local Pawn Shop Empeno

There is no shame in that, and I love finding a deal, but really? Americans must now by other's cast-offs in order to be able to afford what they need?

Is that what we are striving for?

Don't get me wrong, when I was young and poor, I did the same thing. Now I would like a warranty with my appliances, and would like to buy exactly what I want, in the right size and color, not just what I can find that is close enough.

Listen. I don't appreciate prices going up for no good reason. If my house, food, medical and day-to-day stuff doesn't take my whole budget, I use the rest to go on vacation, or buy stuff for the kids, or donate to charities.

To be charged more because.... well because the President doesn't like that we buy reasonably priced stuff from over seas........ well, I just won't buy stuff.

I also don't like the thought that I know have to pay more for a new home for no good reason, so maybe I just won't.

If people stop buying, how is that good for the economy? How is that good for our workers? How is that good at all?
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 PM
 
1,485 posts, read 1,134,810 times
Reputation: 1414
Lol his base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,425 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Reputation: 39904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Since US companies now will get higher costs than European competitors, plenty of US based companies will struggle to compete against European or other Asian imports with cheaper input costs.

Its foolish to think that a man who packs his administration with Wall Street big wigs is interested in the well being of the average worker. Trade deals are being written as we speak by Wall Street, not labor unions. Protecting jobs is absolutely not in the interest of Wall Street.

Um, Trump's Wall Street hires left - even they thought he was nuts and bad for the economy.

He wouldn't LISTEN to them. They were against tariffs. I think Cohn could have done some good, and he left in disgust.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake Bay
6,043 posts, read 3,633,588 times
Reputation: 3481
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL Nope. No company at all... I just pull things out of thin air LOL you are 100% correct. I have nothing. I dwell under a bridge and kick cans down the road and beg for money. Trade my body for smart phones and go steal WiFi from McDonald's to chitpost.
Yup. You caught me red handed. I'm just a bum.

Or am I what was the common one, a paid Russian poster?
I snuck aboard the K19 and watched tons of American movies...

Absolutely ROFL
You are telling the truth. More than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Union County, North Carolina
5,140 posts, read 6,345,230 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yes he did see killing overseas. Killing when tyrannical warlords slaughtered wholesale (Sadam hussein) their citizens.
The killings that he speaks of are why we don't have them here in America
Let a tyrant mobilize on domestic soil, you'll be thanking us "RWNJs" later.

Far as cardiac stints go. LOL you forget the scheme the medical industry pulls with 300-1000% markup on insurance companies and patients. Plus the labor for the surgeon to put them in.

Your argument = lemming liberal epic fail
We already have a spoiled, child-like, tyrant-in-training in charge and a lot of us will make sure he goes away ASAP. Since you seem to have so much anger over all those "gubmint regulations", we'll make sure your kids keep the water fountains with lead pipes in their schools and you can get those great asbestos brake pads for your car. After all, you wouldn't want to pay higher taxes or prices for things that work ...just fine! Breathe deep, Steve McQueen ...that Mesothelioma you have will be taken care of by Trump! Scott Pruitt and Betsy DeVos will see to it for sure! They're on your side!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:12 PM
 
Location: PSL
7,182 posts, read 1,690,819 times
Reputation: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
You are telling the truth. More than you think.
LOL yup. Snuck aboard the K19 you know it. ROFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 PM
 
23,873 posts, read 17,571,986 times
Reputation: 12755
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrat Logic
  • Walmart - "Horrible company, doesn't pay living wage, exploits EBT, costs American jobs, destroys small business"
Trump tells Walmart No, CNN/Money tells left to be outraged.
  • Walmart - "Great American company which can't help America because of Trump, Americans have to pay more for Christmas lights"


The derangement is on display here every single day.
leftists weeping for Walmart .. who'd've thunk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Union County, North Carolina
5,140 posts, read 6,345,230 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists weeping for Walmart .. who'd've thunk it?
They aren't weeping for Walmart. They're concerned about the higher prices people will pay because of the rantings of a fool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top