U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But to go from all the negative comments about his PR remarks to telling the people who are facing destruction of their homes, businesses, and in some cases losing people they love---to something as just totally tone deaf-stupid as "have a good time"
Why do they let him out w/o a keeper???
Or asking during a briefing "How is Lake Norman doing? I love that area. I canít tell you why, but I love that area."

He loves that area because he has a golf course there. I'm sure the people of North Carolina are all just as concerned about Trump's golf course. I guess we should be glad that he at least pretended to care about the people along the Carolina coast, and didn't go straight to his golf course to tour the hurricane's destruction.

Then there was Trump saying "I think the most exciting part is going to be that rebuild."

No, no one is excited about having to rebuild their homes, their communities, their lives... Its not exciting, its sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 PM

37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lot of TDS here. Pathetic.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing... lots of TDS in this thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:07 PM

10,225 posts, read 4,113,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This is one of those lies that has been repeated so often that no one bothers to check anymore. But he is not BRAGGING. Trump states that his building had been the tallest, and then wasn't after the WTC was built, and then is now the tallest again, and then immediately discusses how awful the scene is, with 2 feet of rubble on the ground on Wall Street, seven blocks from the WTC.

This follows a conversation with the broadcasters who ask him about the fact that his buildings are well known landmarks and tourist attractions and that they are now targets for flying bombs. If you are now the owner of the tallest building in NYC, wouldn't you be a bit concerned that more madmen are going to seek out your building to destroy?

Here is a link that includes the actual audio/visual:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...lest-building/
Sorry. I get what you're saying. BUT, Trump not only lied, his wasn't the tallest, and it was left up to the viewer regarding "seemed like he was bragging", but to many, it did. Hence why I said, it seemed. That's why there's even an article about it.

Either way, it was just his own personality that felt he needed to interject such a line in the first place. Trump only about Trump. The link you're using to refute my claim even says as much.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Status: "Yes, words DO inflame or inspire others." (set 21 hours ago)

2,915 posts, read 1,740,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Or asking during a briefing "How is Lake Norman doing? I love that area. I canít tell you why, but I love that area."

He loves that area because he has a golf course there. I'm sure the people of North Carolina are all just as concerned about Trump's golf course. I guess we should be glad that he at least pretended to care about the people along the Carolina coast, and didn't go straight to his golf course to tour the hurricane's destruction.

Then there was Trump saying "I think the most exciting part is going to be that rebuild."

No, no one is excited about having to rebuild their homes, their communities, their lives... Its not exciting, its sad.

Wow, just wow! In the first Independence Day movie, the reclusive scientist said "I think this is exciting" (that aliens have finally come to earth). The President in the movie said "People are dying out there! I don't think "exciting" is the right word to use to describe this situation". Talk about life imitating art, and not in a good way.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Status: "Yes, words DO inflame or inspire others." (set 21 hours ago)

2,915 posts, read 1,740,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Empathy doesn't mean you can't be positive. Look, the sun is shining, they're giving out free food, the government is helping....HAVE A GOOD TIME EATING FREE FOOD AND BEING SAFE AND ALIVE ....that's what I get from it. Enjoy this moment - by HAVING A GOOD TIME RIGHT NOW.

It didn't mean "have a good time being displaced from your home and trying to put your life back together over the next many months".

Geez...have some common sense.

Trump isn't some heartless devil. What would Clinton have done? "I feeeel your pain". "Want some hot sauce, I got some here in my old-lady purse."

C'mon now.
Hot sauce??? That's weak even by Liberal Derangement Syndrome standards!

Pandering to Black voters (actual or perceived) with hot sauce is supposed to be comparable to

*claiming a Muslim mother of a deceased soldier didn't speak because her husband forbade it?
*he likes his heroes uncaptured
*body-shaming a former Miss Venezuela
*the infamous blood remark
*saying a federal judge couldn't be objective because he's Hispanic
*mocking via pantomime a disabled reporter
*calling a female presidential candidate of his own party ugly
*sh*thole countries remarks at Africa and Central America

and last but not least

*the meow-grabbing admission

!!! When a single facepalm just...won't...do!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:18 PM

5,199 posts, read 4,775,644 times
If the haters feel like we should be outraged then post the video of both sides of the conversation and we'll go from there. We can't get outraged over figments of our imaginations like the haters always seem to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Were you there, and were you a witness to the conversation between that man and the President?

No?

Well, then, don't presume you know what really happened.
Exactly. They weren't there and they probably hadn't seen this phantom video either.

We don't even know if he said it. The article included a video but for some reason they didn't think it important enough to add a video that verified what they were printing. The OP and none of the haters had bothered to post the video either.

IF he did say it....for all anyone knows the person he was talking to could have said something like they'd planned on taking their kids somewhere fun to take their minds off of things. If that, or something similar, is the case then saying 'have fun' is more than appropriate.

Good grief, the haters are so high maintenance.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,282,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

In the video where he was in the hanger talking about recovery efforts etc, he did jokingly bring up Lake Norman. Everyone laughed. So what if he loves an area. This also means his families business employs people there too.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:33 PM

1,041 posts, read 991,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lot of TDS here. Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing... lots of TDS in this thread
Easy to sing that jaunty, tired, trite tune until one of those catastrophic, life-altering events befalls YOU. Then those jocular, cavalier Trumpisms become just a little less amusing and defensible. They take on a harder and more cutting edge when they refer to YOUR OWN misfortune or someone's you actually care about.
But perhaps the latter isn't relevant.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:40 PM

3,741 posts, read 2,915,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sorry. I get what you're saying. BUT, Trump not only lied, his wasn't the tallest, and it was left up to the viewer regarding "seemed like he was bragging", but to many, it did. Hence why I said, it seemed. That's why there's even an article about it.

Either way, it was just his own personality that felt he needed to interject such a line in the first place. Trump only about Trump. The link you're using to refute my claim even says as much.
Well it IS Snopes. They aren't exactly pro-Trump.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:43 PM

3,741 posts, read 2,915,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If the haters feel like we should be outraged then post the video of both sides of the conversation and we'll go from there. We can't get outraged over figments of our imaginations like the haters always seem to do.

Exactly. They weren't there and they probably hadn't seen this phantom video either.

We don't even know if he said it. The article included a video but for some reason they didn't think it important enough to add a video that verified what they were printing. The OP and none of the haters had bothered to post the video either.

IF he did say it....for all anyone knows the person he was talking to could have said something like they'd planned on taking their kids somewhere fun to take their minds off of things. If that, or something similar, is the case then saying 'have fun' is more than appropriate.

Good grief, the haters are so high maintenance.
Absolutely, well said.

I wonder why the haters aren't posting pictures of the little kids hugging President Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies