U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:33 PM

7,939 posts, read 3,930,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
Mostly, he lacks intelligence. Look at his followers, they would have followed Hitler.

And happily run the death camps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 01:36 PM

44,571 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Lack of empathy is how Trump won the Whitehouse and got NK to behave.

It’s a refreshing change from the community organizer apolgizer-in-chief.
How does his lack of empathy help people right here in America? And I'm not talking about foreign policy, I'm talking about domestic.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:41 PM

428 posts, read 227,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Were you there, and were you a witness to the conversation between that man and the President?

No?

Well, then, don't presume you know what really happened.
And you, were you there? right back atcha'.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:45 PM

9,796 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Trump is like an old Crot** that has seen it all through his years of dealing so it is no surprise that he is not fazed by something that many of us find saddening. We all know that he is not a politician like so many of them that can urge a tear to their cheeks like a Hollywood actor can chasing an Oscar nod and as a result he comes off as callous and uncaring.

I think he does lack empathy and often sees issues in black and white like the kids being separated from parents at the border. Many of us see the crying kids while Trump sees parents that knew the risks and still choose to break the law.

As for Puerto Rico no one man especially a President that has so much already on his plate can stick around to over see that the aide and funds get to the people. It is terrible how much of the aide was horded by the elected officials down there that certainly added to the death toll. Trump had little to do with that.

What's he to do the next time there is a calamity like that? If he leaves people in charge to dole out the aide then the Lefty media will make charges that he does not trust the locals to do the right thing.

The article the OP linked is from the NY times, not exactly a trust worthy news outlet.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:53 PM

19,655 posts, read 8,221,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I read this today and admit I was surprised...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/19/trump-...good-time/amp/

I don't like Trump--never have
Think he is a horrible president, a crook, and a danger to the world in general but I admit even after the towel throwing in Puerto Rico and then refusing to concede the increased death toll as a result of failed FEMA/government response I thought he would have learned

But to go from all the negative comments about his PR remarks to telling the people who are facing destruction of their homes, businesses, and in some cases losing people they love---to something as just totally tone deaf-stupid as "have a good time"
Why do they let him out w/o a keeper???
Lol. It seems to be his go-to disaster line. Have a good time. Like...doing what? Clean-up? Finding a place to live? Looking for lost pets who may have died? Hey y'all have a great time post disaster! Will Melania wear her "I don't care--do you?" jacket?

And then there was the boat. It kind of sounds like a joke, but it was the actual president making a dumb comment. Oh your house is ruined? But you've got a beautiful shipwreck, too!

“We’re giving you a lot of help,” Trump said to one resident.

“Do you want to see my house? It’s over there,” another resident said, pointing to a badly damaged yellow house across the street...

Trump crossed the street to a small brick house, where he stopped to greet an older man in the T-shirt. Behind the house, a large yacht had washed ashore and was shipwrecked against the wooden deck.

He gazed at the yacht, saying, “Is this your boat?” The owner said no. Trump turned and replied with smile, “At least you got a nice boat out of the deal....”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1366025002/

Old 09-20-2018, 02:03 PM

922 posts, read 493,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
Mostly, he lacks intelligence. Look at his followers, they would have followed Hitler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
And happily run the death camps!
Folks like these above are what's going to give us 4 more years of President Trump!

Old 09-20-2018, 02:18 PM

6,274 posts, read 3,573,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Where is the video?
Why would they put a "related video" in with the story that does not have that alleged comment? Why wouldn't they use the particular video, which has that comment, that the msm had built this story around?

“Got it? Have a good time,” Trump was caught saying on video as he handed a meal to a man in hard-hit New Bern — prompting an incredulous MSNBC reporter to say off camera: “I think he just said, ‘Have a good time.’”

Ah, I see.
Really I watched it on nightly news.

Here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hWejcFkUk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
That is what I would like to know also. I have searched for about an hour and have not found a single video to support this or any other article making the claim.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ve+a+good+time

Old 09-20-2018, 02:26 PM

820 posts, read 310,751 times
[quote=loves2read;53134803]I read this today and admit I was surprised...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/19/trump-tells-hurricane-florence-survivor-to-have-a-good-time/amp/

I don't like Trump--never have
Think he is a horrible president, a crook, and a danger to the world in general but I admit even after the towel throwing in Puerto Rico and then refusing to concede the increased death toll as a result of failed FEMA/government response I thought he would have learned

But to go from all the negative comments about his PR remarks to telling the people who are facing destruction of their homes, businesses, and in some cases losing people they love---to something as just totally tone deaf-stupid as "have a good time"
Why do they let him out w/o a keeper???[/quote]

I know...I wonder why there is not someone directly by his side whispering in his ear. Of course the answer to that question is in Bob Woodward's book, Fear, and in the myriad others published this year. ETC...……………………..

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-20-2018 at 02:39 PM..

Old 09-20-2018, 02:33 PM

60,082 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Trump's embarrassing lack of empathy...

When did the facts gain the ability to have emotions and feelings?
There certainly is a lot of emotional "I think" happening with the TDS crowd.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:05 PM

11,021 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump's embarrassing lack of empathy...

When did the facts gain the ability to have emotions and feelings?
There certainly is a lot of emotional "I think" happening with the TDS crowd.
There is no "I think this happened..." Its all on video, on his twitter, in pictures. No one needs to make up lies about the president. There are plenty of things to choose from each and every week that comes straight out of his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies