Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The Koran is fine. Predictably, Christians would be upset over a fairytale that’s not theirs.

All we need is someone to swear oath to The Book of Lucifer in the Satantic Bible to continue our religious diversity of this country.
I hope I live long enough to see that! The country could not contain the mass hysteria that would follow by the pretend Christians. That would be fun.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:39 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
WHAT
The only reason I find for a face palm is that the article was a badly written, biased, bit of drivel.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:40 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The Koran is fine. Predictably, Christians would be upset over a fairytale that’s not theirs.

All we need is someone to swear oath to The Book of Lucifer in the Satantic Bible to continue our religious diversity of this country.
A Satanic Bible would be preferable over the Koran as followers of the Koran are responsible for 95% of Terrorist groups in the world, everywhere, not just the evil west. Satan's bible, not so much!

Old 09-20-2018, 12:42 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I hope I live long enough to see that! The country could not contain the mass hysteria that would follow by the pretend Christians. That would be fun.
Yup, it won’t happen but the mass hysteria if it did would be off the charts

Let’s put the freedom of religion and tolerance to the true test

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Yes, if someone is Muslim then they would use the Koran.

How would you feel if you were Christian and someone made you swear on a Koran?

See how that works?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'll take the pretend Christians over real Islamist anyday

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
For a nononsense guy you sure spout a lot of it.

Common law means that you use precedent, not a holy book.
Obviously, you need some education in American history and the origins of our Constitution. You also don't know what English common law is or what it is based on. Better crack some books, dude.

I would suggest an online course, but if you found out the woman who teaches it, is a disable Army Vet (who was a Russian linguist), a Constitutional attorney, and a devout Christian, you would never watch. Today, she travels the country teaching the Constitution to state and local government officials, as well as citizen groups, and others. Your loss.

Everyone is free to remain ignorant. My parents always told me, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Old 09-20-2018, 12:46 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I have always found it quite ironic that conservatives try to make the case that the First Amendment ONLY applies to Christianity (and maybe Judaism) but as soon as anybody tries to make the case for any reading of the Second Amendment other than a literal one, they throw a fit.
And people wonder why I avoid organized religion. Everyone is so intent on proving their version is the correct one that they miss the message. Religion and/or belief in a higher power (or not) is a choice, and that's the way it should be.

I figure this is just another anti-Muslim screed by the usual suspects.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, if someone is Muslim then they would use the Koran.

How would you feel if you were Christian and someone made you swear on a Koran?

See how that works?
Throughout history and to this day, they do make you swear on the Koran when they take over your country. Wonder why Islamic countries are becoming more Islamic and less every other religian. Its not because they are becoming more Liberal, thats for sure.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:49 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Throughout history and to this day, they do make you swear on the Koran when they take over isour country. Wonder why Islamic countries are becoming more Islamic and less every other religian. Its not because they are becoming more Liberal, thats for sure.

Our country has freedom of religion. That doesn't just apply to your religion.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies