Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:15 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Sure. But the differences exist. They'll likely exist between the next generation after millennials.

And millennials will probably the feel the same way about them that you do about millennials.

As you imply, you're not the first generation to think this way

Differences certainly do exist if you sketch broad strokes and generalize. With regards to work-life balance, I see nothing different rhetorically. However, Millennials seem to have big problem with paying dues, being punctual, respecting hierarchy, etc. Not all, but enough to form a stereotype. And I do notice that they are the ones who are most likely to be fired in my company.

"Work hard, play hard" sounds like a silly t-shirt slogan. But it worked splendidly for us. I would counsel them to ponder it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 02:02 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Who in their right mind would want to date one of these loser/slacker/freaks? Maybe bang one..but a relationship....forget it.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Who in their right mind would want to date one of these loser/slacker/freaks? Maybe bang one..but a relationship....forget it.
Who? Brie Larson? Celebrities? People between the ages of 20 and 36?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Differences certainly do exist if you sketch broad strokes and generalize. With regards to work-life balance, I see nothing different rhetorically. However, Millennials seem to have big problem with paying dues, being punctual, respecting hierarchy, etc. Not all, but enough to form a stereotype. And I do notice that they are the ones who are most likely to be fired in my company.

"Work hard, play hard" sounds like a silly t-shirt slogan. But it worked splendidly for us. I would counsel them to ponder it.
Funny... Talk about painting broad strokes, and then you do just that.

Am i supposed to take your posts seriously?

Millennials are pushing 40. Have families, mortgages, and many other significant responsibilities. Your stereotypes are fairly out of date.

And I've not experienced what you described. Perhaps you guys should get better at recruiting.

By the way, work-life balance is not about wanting to go get hammered after work. Although your perception that this is the case is a bit interesting.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:35 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Sounds like jealousy to me.....if one has to ask, they’re probably far out of your league.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:39 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't see how Brie Larson (or any one person) represents all millennials. I don't understand why some people and articles insist on these generalizations.

I do think that asking for someone's number just because they smiled at you is jumping the gun. I wouldn't call it harassment--maybe more being socially inept? If you're going to ask for someone's number, you could at least talk to them for a little while first.

Much of the talk about sexual harassment is referring to the workplace, where there's little escape and people have to deal with power dynamics.
The people you see on tv are normal and is how you should act. The same is true for the internet. Which is why we have to ban Nazis from the Internet or people will start acting like them.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:44 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
A TSA agent expected Brie Larson to go out with him? lol.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A TSA agent expected Brie Larson to go out with him? lol.
I can't blame him for asking her out because she has nice boobs.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:27 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I can't blame him for asking her out because she has nice boobs.
With less than zero chance of getting access to them.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

You realize you are basically lumping together everyone under 35. Soon to be half the workforce. You may need to adapt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies