U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 16 days ago)

5,352 posts, read 3,687,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do ________ view being _______ for a _______ as a ____?
Yes. You can always put one single feeling or emotion onto an entire group of people. There's not a word for that which we've been taught it wrong all of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 09:54 PM

5,178 posts, read 1,555,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Sounds like jealousy to me.....if one has to ask, they’re probably far out of your league.
I've worked with, managed, and hired a few. Once you see the sausage being made....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A TSA agent expected Brie Larson to go out with him? lol.
Okay...I'll bite. Who the hell is Brie Larson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I can't blame him for asking her out because she has nice boobs.
Ok, I guess that's enough of an answer. I don't really care who she is.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:29 PM

33,083 posts, read 26,901,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
If a guy goes up to a girl and says "Hi Beatiful! You're gorgeous!", its not sexual harassment if she thinks he's cute andcwould like to hook up. It is sexual harassment if she doesn't think he's cute, and would not date him. Apparently it is up to men, to mind read and know what the girl is thinking before they approach her.
Nah...

It's harassment if the guy walks up and says "Hi Beautiful! You're gorgeous!" and the woman does not indicate interest and/or tells him to get lost... but he persists anyway.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:38 AM

13,057 posts, read 12,480,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottednikes View Post
if a guy goes up to a girl and says "hi beatiful! You're gorgeous!", its not sexual harassment if she thinks he's cute andcwould like to hook up. It is sexual harassment if she doesn't think he's cute, and would not date him. Apparently it is up to men, to mind read and know what the girl is thinking before they approach her.
exactly!

Old 09-21-2018, 02:57 AM

28,999 posts, read 19,014,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't see how Brie Larson (or any one person) represents all millennials. I don't understand why some people and articles insist on these generalizations.

I do think that asking for someone's number just because they smiled at you is jumping the gun. I wouldn't call it harassment--maybe more being socially inept? If you're going to ask for someone's number, you could at least talk to them for a little while first.

Much of the talk about sexual harassment is referring to the workplace, where there's little escape and people have to deal with power dynamics.

Notoriously absent from the human gene pool are the men that wanted to talk for a while first.

Women, in general, find confidence in a man sexy.

Men are not being #metoo-ed because they approach a woman or even because they do so aggressively.

They are being #metoo-ed because they are not sufficiently attractive.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:43 AM

983 posts, read 669,165 times
Yea, sure. Why not? Everything else bothers them.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:57 AM

2,840 posts, read 2,305,062 times
If you're not at a place where people go for that type of behavior (like a bar or a club), men randomly complimenting women about their appearance, or asking women on dates or giving phone numbers is kinda creepy. People don't always want to be bothered while they're at Starbucks or whatnot.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 AM

2,622 posts, read 1,354,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They don't date, they go out. I have been corrected for using the term 'date', just passing the information along.

I believe the correct term with the younger crowd is 'Hooking up'

Old 09-21-2018, 11:24 AM

11,419 posts, read 3,707,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
One things for sure, I feel like texting and social media has ruined dating. Doesn't feel genuine.
It has for sure.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 AM

11,419 posts, read 3,707,596 times
harassment is whatever the woman decides she wants it to be at that moment in time. There is no consistency to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or