U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:02 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,097,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Mental illness is not limited to "cons" or liberals--and injecting sex into everything is a mental illness. Again, let kids be kids. Quit jacking their childhood up. They will never have another chance to be kids.
Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're having sex. Haven't they had couples on Sesame Street before? Or I'm just thinking of humans. Idk. Anyway, either way, they sleep in separate beds, so there's nothing there that's inappropriate for kids. On the other hand, there's no real reason to think they're gay just because they're two guys (puppets) who live together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 02:37 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Why does anyone even care? Sesame Street is all about using your imagination. This guy used his relationship as inspiration in his writing, but others might see them differently.

When I was little, I always thought Bert and Ernie were brothers. In preschool, my sister and I shared a bedroom with 2 twin beds. So to me, their relationship was a lot like the one I had with my sister. Other kids might recognize a friendship they have with another kid, while other kids might see them as being like their 2 dads.

They're puppets on a children's show, so obviously sex isn't going to ever come up with these characters. If you want to see them as 2 gay guys living a chaste life, cool. If you don't, then Bert and Ernie being best friends also works.

Although I've never known best friends to live together in a 1 bedroom apartment, sharing a bedroom together.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:41 PM

21,768 posts, read 8,149,499 times
Family Guy had this pegged years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5pAtgubMY

Old 09-20-2018, 02:43 PM

38,092 posts, read 15,305,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yep. In fact I think the speculation and outrage about this goes all the way back to Jerry Falwell Sr.
You do seem quite worked up and outraged about it. Speculating on a man who died more than a decade ago.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:45 PM

7,827 posts, read 10,355,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Technically, they are both tops...each with a human arm up their rear ends.
That would make them bottoms...technically.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I
#2 the Lefts incessant need to label everything into some group
Who was it claiming the telletubbies must be gay, because one of them carried a purse and they were the colors of the gay pride flag? It doesn't seem like that was anyone on the left frightened that some creature on a children's show might be turning our children gay.

It seems like conservatives are always the ones seeing hidden messages about sex in children shows. In another thread, some poster posted a video about how Mr. Rogers used subliminal messages to teach kids to masturbate. It's just bizarre the things people come up with.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:49 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,043,259 times
I heard Burt broke up with Ernie and is now dating a Teletubby. Pretty sure I heard they were gay also.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:56 PM

15,734 posts, read 8,548,967 times
i seriously feel bad for children these days. we have lost our freaking minds.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i seriously feel bad for children these days. we have lost our freaking minds.
Why do you feel bad? Because a Sesame Street writer was gay? Oh the horrors!

Old 09-20-2018, 03:15 PM

15,734 posts, read 8,548,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why do you feel bad? Because a Sesame Street writer was gay? Oh the horrors!
there you go projecting. don't feel bad about that at all.
I feel bad that kids are dealing with parents fighting over how we push sexuality on children.

I do not believe the writer who was gay did that at all. In fact the writer in question appears to simply have been a good person teaching kids good lessons....

No... its us. right here in this thread. Right here in America pushing sexuality on children that haven't even gotten old enough to go to kindergarten.

Its the tenor of our culture and the nature of our national conversation that leads you to read my post and assume I am mad that a gay person was a writer for Sesame Street.

I am full grown. This stuff wont hurt me at all. but these little kids? Man I feel bad for them. they are watching the grownups act like fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or