U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2018, 06:01 PM
 
17,662 posts, read 10,219,721 times
Reputation: 8973

Advertisements

He is running for governor in a state controlled by seniors. Seniors think they are the only ones entitled to health coverage. Never mind that they only pay about a third of the costs for the benefits they receive, they still think they are the only ones that should get health coverage.

Remember the old "Keep your government hands off my Medicare" signs carried by Tea Party protesters?

It's Florida. He has to do what he has to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2018, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Houston
4,760 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Reputation: 2886
Somebody needs to let Gillum know that he's dropping Medicare For All. He seems oblivious. Quick, somebody, get on the phone!!!

https://andrewgillum.com/issue/healthcare/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Sarasota FL
6,525 posts, read 8,617,604 times
Reputation: 6048
Gillum [supported by Soros, Sanders, Cortez] is on the 'abolish ICE' bandwagon. He also doesn't think people have the right to defend themselves and wants to do away with 'stand your ground' law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:06 PM
 
14,402 posts, read 16,313,736 times
Reputation: 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Gillum ...He also doesn't think people have the right to defend themselves and wants to do away with 'stand your ground' law.
I am a FL gun owner and I support Gillum. Not worried about losing the ability to carry or defend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
6,343 posts, read 1,752,538 times
Reputation: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Somebody needs to let Gillum know that he's dropping Medicare For All. He seems oblivious. Quick, somebody, get on the phone!!!

https://andrewgillum.com/issue/healthcare/
Stop buying into this stuff. After he met with his corporate backers he tweeted support for the ACA. Now he is war mongering against Nicaragua.

These people are fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Houston
4,760 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Reputation: 2886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Stop buying into this stuff. After he met with his corporate backers he tweeted support for the ACA. Now he is war mongering against Nicaragua.

These people are fake.
So his own campaign website is fake???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
6,343 posts, read 1,752,538 times
Reputation: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So his own campaign website is fake???
He had that for the election. Since he won the primary he does the typical walk back.

Now he is saying we need to make healthcare affordable for everyone (which means the insurance companies remain as the middle man).

He is showing himself to be an Obama clone, well spoken, but with awful policies. Look at his hawkish comments on Nicaragua (silence on Honduras obviously) even though he doesn’t understand anything about it.

Right now he is surrounding himself with corporate PAC money, he, like all these other ‘progressive’ candidates. Establishment propagandist dressed in a similar color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:40 PM
 
11,953 posts, read 6,577,569 times
Reputation: 11526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He is running for governor in a state controlled by seniors. Seniors think they are the only ones entitled to health coverage. Never mind that they only pay about a third of the costs for the benefits they receive, they still think they are the only ones that should get health coverage.

Remember the old "Keep your government hands off my Medicare" signs carried by Tea Party protesters?

It's Florida. He has to do what he has to do.

Calm down. You hate seniors, we get it. Florida has 4.5% more seniors than the national average.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...l,US/PST045217
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Houston
4,760 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Reputation: 2886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He had that for the election. Since he won the primary he does the typical walk back.

Now he is saying we need to make healthcare affordable for everyone (which means the insurance companies remain as the middle man).

He is showing himself to be an Obama clone, well spoken, but with awful policies. Look at his hawkish comments on Nicaragua (silence on Honduras obviously) even though he doesn’t understand anything about it.

Right now he is surrounding himself with corporate PAC money, he, like all these other ‘progressive’ candidates. Establishment propagandist dressed in a similar color.

Then why hasn't he taken it off his site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 07:59 PM
 
10,786 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Reputation: 4116
Does the governor of Florida run Medicare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top