U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 01:05 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,505,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Thats extra special. You look at the problem of illegal immigration as a chance to learn spanish and try real mexican food.

You have no idea. And whats this talk about old white people? Racist much?
Also the women. Donít forget the women..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 01:24 PM

2,637 posts, read 680,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's an unlawful and unnatural change though via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Why would anyone be ok with that?
Some will, and some won't. It just doesn't change it. Might as well pick your battles.

I doubt Spanish will continue generation after generation but advertising to Latinos and what they prefer to buy, eat and wear most certainly will. It's already happening. Hulu gives me half my commercials in Spanish and half in English without a choice. At first, I thought I accidentally ask for it but naw, they just do that now. Times are changing.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:43 PM

4,522 posts, read 1,943,217 times
The majority of the countries in the Western Hemisphere are Spanish speaking. Native English speakers are a small minority. If you don't support the preservation of English in the US you're against diversity and you hate minorities.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 5 hours ago)

17,372 posts, read 8,548,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
You are over a thousand miles from the border. I am 15 miles. 'Nuff said.
So you're making a blanket statement about people in America who speak Spanish in public based on your location?

That makes sense to you?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The majority of the countries in the Western Hemisphere are Spanish speaking. Native English speakers are a small minority. If you don't support the preservation of English in the US you're against diversity and you hate minorities.
Well, that's different....lol.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:25 PM

1,022 posts, read 384,204 times
Quote:

Preservation? Just so you know, English is not a dying language. I think it'll be okay if people speak Spanish sometimes.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:26 PM

8,283 posts, read 5,837,909 times
Quote:
Oh puhleeze. Give me a break.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:55 PM

459 posts, read 142,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcot View Post
Racist? No

Realist? Yes

It simply does no good to get angry about things you can't control or change. The ship has sailed on immigration. The immigrants in the US now are not going to leave, more are coming daily and their children are being born in the US and are US citizens from birth.

Why continue to get angry and upset about something that is never going away? Does throwing a tantrum make you feel better or change anything at all?

That's not being a "realist", that's being a defeatist. You act as though the U.S. government has no power over illegal immigration and we are stuck with them forever. Wrong! We need to do more to stop illegals from coming, and locate the ones here and deport them!

Expecting U.S. citizens to learn Spanish for the benefit of illegals is revolting! They need to LEAVE, and the legal ones need to LEARN ENGLISH!

Old 09-26-2018, 03:14 PM

8,283 posts, read 5,837,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
That's not being a "realist", that's being a defeatist. You act as though the U.S. government has no power over illegal immigration and we are stuck with them forever. Wrong! We need to do more to stop illegals from coming, and locate the ones here and deport them!

Expecting U.S. citizens to learn Spanish for the benefit of illegals is revolting! They need to LEAVE, and the legal ones need to LEARN ENGLISH!
What people in public speak among themselves is their own business, it doesn't involve you. Has nothing to do with status. Oh, BTW, there are folks who don't have status who likely speak better English than you. Ever hear of the Dreamers, for example? Some of them even have advanced degrees.

But we get it - you get a meltdown whenever you hear Spanish being spoken, period. Must be miserable to be you.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post

Some of those people who speak Spanish in public are U.S. citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or