U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 03:12 PM

12,404 posts, read 3,532,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
What usually happens:

1. First generation of immigrants speak mostly or totally their native language.
2. Next generation is mostly bilingual.
3. By the 3rd or 4th gen, most speak only English.
A continuous Mass immigration of illegals and Spanish speakers isn't what usually happens, it's a modern event. By the 4th generation we could be majority Hispanic. America is not seeing immigration and assimilation as it has in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 03:39 PM

32,927 posts, read 15,041,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
The US? Once you argue that Might makes right - the essential argument of Manifest Destiny - then it's easier & easier for succeeding waves of humanity to make the same argument. A kind of precedent, if you will.

But of course the US is a hybrid - corn, tobacco, beans, chocolate, potatoes - all gifts of the Native Peoples - who were treated badly, for their trouble. & the Black slaves who were brought in to replace the Native Peoples - who inconveniently died out, or ran away. & all the succeeding peoples - the Spanish & French & Dutch who were overrun by the British &/or their colonies. We have many strains of many peoples & races & religions & languages & cultures. Which is why the US is different from most countries - we didn't consolidate around an ethnic core - it's more around an ideological core.

I disagree. Via the melting pot came an identifying culture and language. "Out of many, one". All others who haven't joined that melting pot are just minority cultures living among us.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well if Latin Americans want to colonize America like real men with an army, instead of by just imposing themselves by arriving illegally and letting liberals protect them, then I'm all game.

Why bring up US Indian tribes. Latin Americans even those who are 100% Indian are not natives to the US but to where ever they came from in Latin America. The US has its own recognized Indian tribes.

Yeah, they are colonizing in a coward's way via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Where's the pride in that?

Most Mexicans are Mestizos a combination of Amerindian and Spanish. They seem to want to play down their white, European roots when they keeping crying about what happened to their indian ancestors while their Spanish ancestors didn't earn the label of "Conquistadores" for no reason. They were just as guilty of any conquests as any other Europeans were.

You're right about our own indian tribes. They settled within U.S. borders and are all full fledged U.S. citizens today. Those tribes that settled south of our border are not nor are they entitled to be nor do they have any claims on the U.S. as a lot of these Mexicans like to claim.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Who knows, languages change overtime. Maybe North America's official language would be a hybrid of spanish and english.

I think bladerunner they had a language that was a mix of multiple languages. "city speak"..

Hell some English words actually derive from latin.

The only way it would change is via the continued illegal immigration from south of our border. That's neither natural nor lawful so it's unacceptable change. Addressing your last sentence.....so what?

Old 09-29-2018, 03:53 PM

4,298 posts, read 2,653,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, they are colonizing in a coward's way via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Where's the pride in that?

Most Mexicans are Mestizos a combination of Amerindian and Spanish. They seem to want to play down their white, European roots when they keeping crying about what happened to their indian ancestors while their Spanish ancestors didn't earn the label of "Conquistadores" for no reason. They were just as guilty of any conquests as any other Europeans were.

You're right about our own indian tribes. They settled within U.S. borders and are all full fledged U.S. citizens today. Those tribes that settled south of our border are not nor are they entitled to be nor do they have any claims on the U.S. as a lot of these Mexicans like to claim.
Ya, illegals go into a briefing room where a commander gives them the mission and assigns strategic points in witch to invade.

The Illegal Immigration Task Force. Juan selling fruit in the corner may look chubby but he's special ops.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
No, but no one care about your petty complains son. Most are just glad that they're not driven to insanity just from hearing a foreign language.

Can't imagine that kind of living hell where the most insignificant thing gets to you. You make me feel thankful. Thank you.

Driven to insanity? Exaggerate much? We just don't like feeling like we are living in Mexico or some other foreign country. All this loud Spanish speaking just reminds us of how many unassimilating Hispanics we have in this country and how many of them are here illegally. It's not a good feeling.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Ya, illegals go into a briefing room where a commander gives them the mission and assigns strategic points in witch to invade.

The Illegal Immigration Task Force. Juan selling fruit in the corner may look chubby but he's special ops.

No, they do it all on their own because they think they are special and above our immigration laws and many have a Reconquista attitude. Those who don't will still see the desired results anyway and that's to colonize our country instead of assimilating into it via illegal immigration. There are around 30 Hispanic countries on the Western Hemisphere. Do they also need the U.S.? Is Canada next? Is it that Spanish Conquistadore or Amerindian warrior attitude that drives them to it?

Old 09-29-2018, 04:07 PM

4,298 posts, read 2,653,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they do it all on their own because they think they are special and above our immigration laws and many have a Reconquista attitude. Those who don't will still see the desired results anyway and that's to colonize our country instead of assimilating into it via illegal immigration. There are around 30 Hispanic countries on the Western Hemisphere. Do they also need the U.S.? Is Canada next? Is it that Spanish Conquistadore or Amerindian warrior attitude that drives them to it?
I just think they don't care about none of that and just work. Your standing in a corner looking for who'd give you work and then you do construction in a hot summer day, I doubt your thinking of taking over. If I brought up an agenda like that towards a day laborer. Told him about "the great invasion and taking over", he'd look at me like I'm retarded.

And the whole conquistador or Aztec warrior thing? It's fun to talk about but no one really takes it seriously. Trust me, I grew up Hispanic. We care more about sports and beer than we do about Aztec roots.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:13 PM

7,373 posts, read 4,414,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I understand accommodation. However, I do believe immigrants to the US should learn English but the level of accommodation has gotten to the point that Hispanics do not have to learn English.
Of all the things you listed, does "the money" think it is a problem? If not, then it isn't a problem.

Keep in mind, a capitalist has no country, he has no language, he has no culture, he has no people, he has no religion, and he has no race.

Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, etc. Those people aren't Americans. Or at least, they are no more American than they are anything else.

Mark Zuckerbeg would gladly speak any language on the planet, if it got him enough customers and money.

Corporations love immigration. And the only time immigration was ever slowed in this country, was when the immigrants posed a real danger to our corporate interests(such as after the communist-revolution at the end of WWI, during the Napoleonic Wars, and after the European revolutions of the mid-1800's).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_of_1848

If you want to know what the future looks like, all you have to ask yourself is, "What does the money want?"

Old 09-29-2018, 04:32 PM

6,090 posts, read 2,170,865 times
Quote:

I canít rep you again, but thatís funny.

Or they could be mechanized.

Invasion by taco trucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or