Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 11:08 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's not literally "old white men" but a stereotype. It's referring to the Republican base that is still angry about the Civil Rights Act and the sexual revolution and wishes we could return to the "good ole days" when white heterosexual Christian men were in charge of everything and women were in the kitchen, gays were in the closet, and brown-skinned people stayed on their side of town out of sight and out of mind. Most people who hold onto that worldview are older white men, though it isn't so exclusively.
Living in a bubble full of cash rewards for clinging to those good ol days doesn't help them adapt to our ever evolving world.
The only thing I say to my kids and socio/ political circle even close to " good ol days" is " remember when we would go out to dinner and sir at the table and have a conversation? Even have a conversation in our home?

But then I am grateful for social media to allow me to keep in touch with my family quickly and daily.
I don't think there is any harm in that.

There IS harm in trying to re create a hundred years of dark days of inequality and human suffering in America.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
It's not literally "old white men" but a stereotype. It's referring to the Republican base that is still angry about the Civil Rights Act and the sexual revolution and wishes we could return to the "good ole days" when white heterosexual Christian men were in charge of everything and women were in the kitchen, gays were in the closet, and brown-skinned people stayed on their side of town out of sight and out of mind. Most people who hold onto that worldview are older white men, though it isn't so exclusively.
No shortage of people still angry about the Civil Rights Act and so on, but don't think this is the exclusive purview of Republicans. Seems some, of all ideologies, long for the " good ole days" when white guys were in charge of everything.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
its nothing but sour grapes. there is a reason why white men have run things, historically. the cream rises to the top.
It sure was easier when they could keep a boot on the neck of others....

Old 09-21-2018, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Old White Men - when did hatred towards this group become tolerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I have been hearing this filth out of the mouths of people like Joy Behar and various other "progressives" for a while now, and I am wondering, when did such filth become acceptable rhetoric in this country?

My father was an "old white man" and he was the most decent, hard-working, genuinely good-hearted human being I have ever known. So liberals have taken what was the most wholesome and decent example of a human I have ever known, and poisoned it.

How the **** is this filth tolerated today? How in the world could anyone let a vile creature like Joy Behar and like-minded creatures spew their HATE without challenge?
As an old white guy myself, all I can contribute is my personal experience.

I live in a city where I'm a minority.

I taught HS for decades in schools where minority teens were the majority of students.

And the heck of it is, I've never felt this so-called "hatred towards old white men."

Maybe it's cuz I'm just a lovable ol' cuss.

Can't help myself.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:49 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You realize Joy Behar is married to an old white guy....lol.
The loudest anti-white voices come from - white people Look at BLM - their ranks are filled mainly with white people. Look at antifa - all white people. The average SJW's - mainly white. Hollyweirdophiles - mainly white. White people who suffer from white guilt. "If you didn't vote for obama then you are racist".

People use the Jim Crow era to beat up on present day whites. Yes that was a terrible time in our 'history', but that's what it is - history...the past, bygone days, yesteryear. The people who are using that to try to cow whites aren't even realizing that they are pushing this country into a new type of 'Jim Crow' era. It's already begun to happen and those who are being pushed into second or third class status are mainly the white conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I thought Behar was an old white guy.-

Old 09-21-2018, 12:06 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Left, the Media/Entertainment, and the Democrats have taken it upon itself to make Straight Whites, and White Men the enemy. Everything is about getting even with them through OVER PROMOTION of Blacks, Gays, and Women for everything. It is all about punishment, and retribution to make themselves feel better.

Examples. The show "Blackish", for MLK Day Whites have to do "extra credit". I just saw on a talk show where they were discussing the end of the show "Friends" as misogynistic, because a female character decided to give up her career dream to go with her love interest male character.

GET A LIFE LIBS!

Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
^^^^So Much This!

Old 09-21-2018, 12:43 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Well it's hard to rise to the top when the people in charge have tied an anchor around your neck via laws they enact.
nonsense that just more sour grapes

Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 PM

505 posts, read 368,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
its nothing but sour grapes. there is a reason why white men have run things, historically. the cream rises to the top.
So does crap.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:46 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
When Obama became president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies