U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Sheriff resign over racial remarks?
Yes 11 45.83%
No 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Status: "Busy being triggered by pumpkins" (set 5 days ago)

17,345 posts, read 8,536,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
IMO, in a job like that where you gotta protect and serve the people, showing prejudice should be grounds for termination. It shows that you favor one population over another and therefore your judgement is not to be trusted. In fact, to the people you've shown prejudice against are more more in danger of being around you. Since you wield a badge and a gun and have authority, they have a reason to fear you knowing you hold those types of views.
^This is exactly how I feel.

I hate witch hunts, but if people cannot be fair and objective in a job like his (and you can't if you're making such remarks), then he needs to find a job he's better suited for.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:42 PM

971 posts, read 274,991 times
I used to live in Bergen county and I left there because guys like this train his department to be like him, the police are notorious for treating the people like dirt.
This guy most likely was teaching his officers to think like him, so yes, he needs to resign or be removed. Not doing anything basically lets him and his subordinates know that kind of thinking is accepted as normal. He wants to keep the "good ol Boy" network which is why hes making fun of the Sikh AG.
Its Not when youre supposed to be protecting people.
He has the old school mentality when he says "Cops hands are tied", that means he isnt working with the communities, so he needs to be gone for good.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:48 PM

15,901 posts, read 10,954,801 times
All depends on political affiliation.

Repub must resign because it is well known people who associate with repubs are inherently racist.

Party affiliation must be made a litmus test for elections. No republican should be considered for elected office as it is only a matter of time before racist tendencies are revealed.

Only democrats can hold elected positions because if they say the exact same thing as a repub, it is well known democrat are unable to be racist and their words harmless no matter the context or word choice. So no prob if sheriff a dem.

Remember, pronoun usage can be very telling.

then again the same people recoiling in horror at the sheriff's words, have no problem supporting liberal colleges who make Asians reach a higher threshold for admission than other races.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:56 PM

5,023 posts, read 1,525,865 times
Sorry, I missed where the comments are "Racist".

Is it now racist to talk about how lax enforcement is only going to make the behavior of the core group of offenders worse?

Is it now racist to express the belief that a political appointee was appointed because of their race? We all know that this virtue-signalling "diversity" crap is a complete hoax, a fraud, and results in unqualified people being admitted to various roles/programs/etc. Why can't the Sheriff have his opinion that's what happened?

Is it now racist to wonder whether some butch woman is gay? What's the crime?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:59 PM

14,778 posts, read 17,397,072 times
So what's more important. His actions or his words? If his words out weighs his actions as a sheriff. Than we have a problem is society. Don't get me wrong his words are repugnant, but these comments were made a couple of years ago. Do those comments represent him now and forever?

Old 09-21-2018, 04:03 PM

21,736 posts, read 8,133,443 times
Muslims, blacks, and homosexuals all in one rant.

Mighty impressive, sheriff.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Muslims, blacks, and homosexuals all in one rant.

Mighty impressive, sheriff.

When did he talk about Muslims?

Old 09-21-2018, 04:32 PM

48,885 posts, read 39,370,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A NJ Sheriff was caught using racial remarks towards African Americans, and towards an Asian American politician. The Sheriffs remarks were recorded and made public through WNYC which is a subsidiary of NPR Radio. The Sheriff name is Saudino and he works in the Bergen County which is located across the river from NYC.

Me personally. I understand that we live in an outrage culture, and we live in an era of mob justice. We live in an era where metoo and BLM movements are calling for the resignation and firings of people who oppress those based on racism and sexism. But forcing people to resign or getting people fired is not going improve or alleviate racism and sexism from institutions public or private employers. The remarks he made towards blacks was not nice, however the sheriff to a certain degree speaks the truth. But the remark he made against an Asian American was disparaging.

Overall I don't think the Sheriff should be forced to resign. Their is room for improvement, and also room for forgiveness. Sadly those on the left don't believe in apology because an apology is never sincere, and an apology is an admittance of guilt. Lastly the Sheriff is a democrat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...luW?li=BBnb7Kz
Dude has resigned, which was needed.

Not surprised his political affiliation was not mentioned though lol.

If guess Faux News is always the only Faux News lol.

P.S. Calling news fake news is facist, but by calling it Faux News it's ok.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:39 PM

21,736 posts, read 8,133,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
When did he talk about Muslims?
My bad. Jersey's AD is a Sikh.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
My bad. Jersey's AD is a Sikh.
So you saw the word "turban" and assumed Muslim. LOL.

You ought to resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or