U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:49 PM

1,024 posts, read 387,692 times

Advertisements

I heard it on multiple news sources on radio & TV. And there is a thread on it. Right here...I mean, I can't answer why someone else didn't start it earlier. But I don't recall a protocol of when a thread should be posted and by whom. But this is a thread on that shooting. Is it not valid news if it isn't posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 04:16 PM

3,004 posts, read 1,417,558 times
Lots of shootings get missed all the time. All the shootings were a husband or wife kills their kids and spouse never get reported on here. If your saying it got squeezed out it’s likely because it was like the third high profile mass shooting in like a week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...n-pennsylvania

At the rate we’re goingeveryrime we reference a neighboring city or town it will be associated with a mass shooting. Florida will probably be the first state we’re all of their cities can simply be referenced like: Parkland, Orlando, Jacksonville etcetera.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:55 PM

30,598 posts, read 9,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I looked in the Maryland forums, the Current Event forums, and the P&OC forums...did a search of all forums for this story, and see absolutely nothing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailus

Is there a thread on this that I missed? If so, where is it? If not, why isn't there a thread on this? We have threads for every other mass shooting.

Forget forum threads. Female AND black. She died, so now the media won't be expected to harp on it.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 PM

4,824 posts, read 1,561,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This had a lower death count than the Rite Aid shootings but resulted in a fifty one page thread.

Mass shooting at video game (Madden NFL) event in Jacksonville, FL - multiple dead - Aug 26
It was a trans person who killed others then committed suicide.

It has been quietly buried because of this TRUTH ... harmful to others and suicide.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:02 PM

58,549 posts, read 31,944,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This had a lower death count than the Rite Aid shootings but resulted in a fifty one page thread.

Mass shooting at video game (Madden NFL) event in Jacksonville, FL - multiple dead - Aug 26
I said news, not discussions about gun rights

Old 09-22-2018, 05:05 PM

25,449 posts, read 14,546,256 times
This was covered by a number of outlets, I don't get why people think that this shooting wasn't covered by the media...

Old 09-22-2018, 05:10 PM

32,173 posts, read 39,311,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This was covered by a number of outlets, I don't get why people think that this shooting wasn't covered by the media...
It was covered but not like other shootings.
Workplace and not a school.
No people there in the building demanding that "something must be done".
Not a White guy.
Handgun not an evil "assault rifle".
Not enough casualties.
Happened in a state ranked 2nd or 3rd in the US for the strictness of its gun control laws.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 PM

11,984 posts, read 6,596,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said news, not discussions about gun rights
It was all over CNN, etc. Pretty much every outlet carried it.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 PM

20,744 posts, read 15,492,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I heard it on multiple news sources on radio & TV. And there is a thread on it. Right here...I mean, I can't answer why someone else didn't start it earlier. But I don't recall a protocol of when a thread should be posted and by whom. But this is a thread on that shooting. Is it not valid news if it isn't posted?
I started this thread the day after the shooting took place, not on the same day and within minutes or an hour of it being reported, like every other mass shooting thread on here.

And again, the point is NOT about "did the MSM talk about it", the point, as I clearly stated in my first post was that for some reason, there was no thread at all about this.

As of yet, I have not heard anyone from the left side of politics actually talk about the shooting, they've all been trying to pretend that I said it wasn't reported on the news, which I did not say. I am referring to City Data, period. That's it.

Why would no one talk about this mass shooting? As was pointed out earlier, this one had more victims than the recent one (still considered "today", as in "recent")

Not once has anyone accused the shooter of any political persuasion. Not once has anyone come on and said the usual bs about how guns are bad, mmmkay, not once has anyone on the left said anything about it other than, 'Well, it was reported on the news, so what's the big deal" and "we don't talk about mass shootings anymore because they're so common".

The video game tournament shooting was in late August, not even a month ago, but now people want to pretend that "we don't talk about mass shootings anymore" or "the body count wasn't high enough for us to care" (again, video game tournament shooting didn't have this many victims).

So, when will people stop making excuses for why no one talked about it when every other mass shooting that happens, people can't wait to be the first one to create a thread and argue about how it's "always white males" and/ or "no one needs guns".

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 09-22-2018 at 09:49 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 06:21 AM

4,824 posts, read 1,561,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I started this thread the day after the shooting took place, not on the same day and within minutes or an hour of it being reported, like every other mass shooting thread on here.

And again, the point is NOT about "did the MSM talk about it", the point, as I clearly stated in my first post was that for some reason, there was no thread at all about this.

As of yet, I have not heard anyone from the left side of politics actually talk about the shooting, they've all been trying to pretend that I said it wasn't reported on the news, which I did not say. I am referring to City Data, period. That's it.

Why would no one talk about this mass shooting? As was pointed out earlier, this one had more victims than the recent one (still considered "today", as in "recent")

Not once has anyone accused the shooter of any political persuasion. Not once has anyone come on and said the usual bs about how guns are bad, mmmkay, not once has anyone on the left said anything about it other than, 'Well, it was reported on the news, so what's the big deal" and "we don't talk about mass shootings anymore because they're so common".

The video game tournament shooting was in late August, not even a month ago, but now people want to pretend that "we don't talk about mass shootings anymore" or "the body count wasn't high enough for us to care" (again, video game tournament shooting didn't have this many victims).

So, when will people stop making excuses for why no one talked about it when every other mass shooting that happens, people can't wait to be the first one to create a thread and argue about how it's "always white males" and/ or "no one needs guns".
Has anyone seen any discussion in the news of the shooter's mental state?
How the person's health was?
What drugs they were taking: illegal and prescription?
If they had previous altercations/involvement with the law or social service agencies?
Any erratic rants or posting's on social media?

All these have been covered in every shooting. Where they covered in this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies