U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2018, 02:30 AM
 
427 posts, read 166,543 times
Reputation: 1199

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
False accusations are statistically low. They do occur, but here you could only point to one-- the Rolling Stone/UVA case. Keep working on it and let me know how many more there are compared to women who actually are sexually harassed, abused and the like--those who report it, but more importantly those who don't. It's a large number. Ask any good psychotherapist or psychologist.
I can *really* hear that glib tone you're trying to get across in the bolded, so I'll step in for jdmil here...

What on *earth* would make a woman lie about something as serious a rape?! How about revenge for a traffic ticket. She didn't count on that body cam though...

Bodycam footage shows woman falsely accused cop of sexual assault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTv5VkX_T8o

Ahhh... this is how it was done in the Jim Crow days...

Woman wanting to fulfill 'rape fantasy' filed false sexual assault report, police say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0VhDvRYCgE

TWENTY SIX YEARS behind bars for a crime they did not commit... but hey, "believe women!"

Men exonerated in false Central Park rape claim, 26 years after conviction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgcYbXzjomQ

He was in jail for one year from her false accusation, and she got 35 days in jail for making the false accusation.

Man wrongly accused of rape speaks out one year later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUSmJurqrU

Three and a half years in prison! Great "eyewitnesses" of the "victim."

False rape accusation: Man released after victim and witnesses admit lying about evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_5pSCwmq0U

Talk about a piece of work from a young age... "She got all she needed from watching an episode of Law & Order: SVU..." it was THAT easy to make up her story that people bought hook, line and sinker.

Woman Explains Why She Falsely Accused Her Dad Of Sexual Assault As A Child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VEmsldf1I

She beat herself up to sell her "rape!" "WHY ON EARTH would a woman lie about rape?!" (imagine that in a shrill, self-righteous snarl) Answer for this one... "to move to a better neighborhood."

Woman charged for fake rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7HTgBUSOaw

SEVENTEEN YEARS in prison for falsely accused man... she is lucky he doesn't track her down and kill her. His sentence could be time served with good behavior.

Innocent man spent 17 years in prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ1VhTa0rI

Listen at the 34 second mark... she is incredibly casual with the promise of accusing an innocent man of RAPE... costs her little or nothing to destroy his life.

Trinity College Student said she would falsely accuse Uber driver of rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNi7hXnaf1c

I wonder if three innocent men would have been handed the death sentence for her lie... people would be blaming the "justice system" instead of the liar.

Texas Teen Admits Lying About Abduction And Rape By 'Three Black Males'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1q3G5ooT5w

TWENTY YEARS in prison due to a woman's false accusation of rape... no evidence, but "believe women!"

Joseph Frey Freed after 20 Years for False Rape Accusations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2441mwmqoSU

Six lives that could have been ended on a woman's word...

CBS: Woman sentenced for false rape accusation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0aK6PN1TE

WOW. His false accuser got two months for sending him to prison for FOUR YEARS. It must be part of that "war against women" they're always talking about.

Woman gets 2 months for false rape claim against a man who was 4 years innocent in Jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PsD47vhUM

Listen at the 34 second mark... it ain't no thang...

Enraged woman makes false accusation of rape to uber driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGKE83hhLuY

And on a "happier" note, this man spent THIRTY EIGHT YEARS in prison for a rape he didn't commit. Almost FOUR DECADES of his life taken by a woman's word.

Man Wrongfully Convicted of Rape Reunites With Prison Dog After Serving 38 Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8LrEhbHhp8

In case you're wondering, there's plenty more, but these were clips that got the message across in about two minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2018, 02:51 AM
 
Location: El paso,tx
1,533 posts, read 593,708 times
Reputation: 2380
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
I can *really* hear that glib tone you're trying to get across in the bolded, so I'll step in for jdmil here...

What on *earth* would make a woman lie about something as serious a rape?! How about revenge for a traffic ticket. She didn't count on that body cam though...

Bodycam footage shows woman falsely accused cop of sexual assault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTv5VkX_T8o

Ahhh... this is how it was done in the Jim Crow days...

Woman wanting to fulfill 'rape fantasy' filed false sexual assault report, police say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0VhDvRYCgE

TWENTY SIX YEARS behind bars for a crime they did not commit... but hey, "believe women!"

Men exonerated in false Central Park rape claim, 26 years after conviction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgcYbXzjomQ

He was in jail for one year from her false accusation, and she got 35 days in jail for making the false accusation.

Man wrongly accused of rape speaks out one year later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUSmJurqrU

Three and a half years in prison! Great "eyewitnesses" of the "victim."

False rape accusation: Man released after victim and witnesses admit lying about evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_5pSCwmq0U

Talk about a piece of work from a young age... "She got all she needed from watching an episode of Law & Order: SVU..." it was THAT easy to make up her story that people bought hook, line and sinker.

Woman Explains Why She Falsely Accused Her Dad Of Sexual Assault As A Child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VEmsldf1I

She beat herself up to sell her "rape!" "WHY ON EARTH would a woman lie about rape?!" (imagine that in a shrill, self-righteous snarl) Answer for this one... "to move to a better neighborhood."

Woman charged for fake rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7HTgBUSOaw

SEVENTEEN YEARS in prison for falsely accused man... she is lucky he doesn't track her down and kill her. His sentence could be time served with good behavior.

Innocent man spent 17 years in prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ1VhTa0rI

Listen at the 34 second mark... she is incredibly casual with the promise of accusing an innocent man of RAPE... costs her little or nothing to destroy his life.

Trinity College Student said she would falsely accuse Uber driver of rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNi7hXnaf1c

I wonder if three innocent men would have been handed the death sentence for her lie... people would be blaming the "justice system" instead of the liar.

Texas Teen Admits Lying About Abduction And Rape By 'Three Black Males'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1q3G5ooT5w

TWENTY YEARS in prison due to a woman's false accusation of rape... no evidence, but "believe women!"

Joseph Frey Freed after 20 Years for False Rape Accusations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2441mwmqoSU

Six lives that could have been ended on a woman's word...

CBS: Woman sentenced for false rape accusation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0aK6PN1TE

WOW. His false accuser got two months for sending him to prison for FOUR YEARS. It must be part of that "war against women" they're always talking about.

Woman gets 2 months for false rape claim against a man who was 4 years innocent in Jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PsD47vhUM

Listen at the 34 second mark... it ain't no thang...

Enraged woman makes false accusation of rape to uber driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGKE83hhLuY

And on a "happier" note, this man spent THIRTY EIGHT YEARS in prison for a rape he didn't commit. Almost FOUR DECADES of his life taken by a woman's word.

Man Wrongfully Convicted of Rape Reunites With Prison Dog After Serving 38 Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8LrEhbHhp8

In case you're wondering, there's plenty more, but these were clips that got the message across in about two minutes.
You left out tawana brawley and also duke lacrosse team.

Last edited by Spottednikes; 09-26-2018 at 03:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 03:13 AM
 
1,009 posts, read 682,085 times
Reputation: 1518
#MeToo and reporting standards?

What standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
6,518 posts, read 2,308,483 times
Reputation: 3441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I could kind of agree with you about some elements - but if people haven't figured out by now that there are a lot of things pushing women NOT to report, especially as with something decades ago, when it wouldn't have been treated seriously, or with someone famous ... well, they haven't been paying attention to the news.

I, too, am sometimes bothered by the non-reporting, but it became very clear to me with Blasey Ford that this was likely accurate when I learned that it was 30 years ago, and she was only 15. Cops wouldn't even have treated it as a crime.

And I have to disagree with you on one thing - people are indeed portraying the victim to be a liar.



I can't be an easy decision for any woman to come forward.

But the unfortunate facts of Life are that every decision has consequences.......

And the consequences of waiting 30+ years to come forward with accusations against someone whose in the 11th hour of being nominated to the Supreme Court, when you're a Liberal Democrat professor from California and you report your accusations to Diane Feinstein instead of going to the police......

Is that people are going to tend to think that your accusations are politically motivated......

Especially if you have no actual proof and your own "witnesses" say it never happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 04:50 AM
 
62,892 posts, read 28,118,191 times
Reputation: 7962
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I can't be an easy decision for any woman to come forward.

But the unfortunate facts of Life are that every decision has consequences.......

And the consequences of waiting 30+ years to come forward with accusations against someone whose in the 11th hour of being nominated to the Supreme Court, when you're a Liberal Democrat professor from California and you report your accusations to Diane Feinstein instead of going to the police......

Is that people are going to tend to think that your accusations are politically motivated......

Especially if you have no actual proof and your own "witnesses" say it never happened.
Excellent point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:03 AM
 
15,813 posts, read 13,280,353 times
Reputation: 19712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
The biggest problem I have with the #MeToo movement is how it seems like some people want to make employing good sense a problem. It's getting worse the more we hear about old cases where there is no actual proof of what happened, like in the recent Brett Kavanaugh scandal.

There are two reasons why asking whether someone reported an incident at the time to the police, or why they chose not to, is an essential question. The first is that if the person doesn't report it, we don't know that it happened. Pretty straightforward.

The second and slightly less obvious reason is, legal determinations of facts are made by law enforcement, not individuals. Witnesses can speak to the facts of a case, but they don't get to make legal conclusions about those facts because 1) that's why we have police officers and district attorneys and judges and 2) they're not qualified to do that.

That's why sometimes it might seem as if accusers are badgered or disbelieved when they do report these things to the police. It's not that they're trying to portray the victim to be a liar, but before someone can be charged with a crime, there are legal elements that have to be satisfied.

If we start just accepting people not reporting things that have criminal implications, eventually people are going to start to see sexual misconduct as the go-to smear for someone they dislike. It doesn't have to be technically true in order for it to work. Just make an accusation and then be conveniently offended by anybody demanding proof.
You are conflating one particular case to the entire #metoo movement. That is a mistake. I get it is easy for many to focus on a man and his imperiled dream job, but the vast majority of #metoo cases are not Brett kavanaugh. His accuser didn’t even use #metoo in her description of his attack on her. Maybe you shouldn’t either.

As for legality, she isn’t pressing charges nor even asking for that. She is bringing up this issue as he is about to become 1/9th of an entire branch of government and if her accusations are true it speaks to his character. And like it or lump it character is necessary for a sitting justice. Beside Kavanaugh is a lawyer, if he really feels this is a smear campaign with no merit he can sue her for liable or even slander, which he has not done and at some point that becomes very telling . But this is an employment issue which does not rise to the level of criminal standards. You can be denied employment for many things which are not illegal or haven’t been proven in the criminal courts, and that is as it should be. And seeing how justices are employed by the people for the people, we have a right to have our representatives investigate this accusation the same way employees investigate complaints at a private organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:11 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,376 posts, read 31,074,178 times
Reputation: 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I sincerely hope that regardless of what happens in the Kavanaugh hearings that you don't believe what you stated above is acceptable because there's a bit of "You women had it coming" in your statement, which is disgusting.



The girl that cried Wolf, comes to mind and that is disgusting when the Wolf is Rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:29 AM
 
62,892 posts, read 28,118,191 times
Reputation: 7962
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You are conflating one particular case to the entire #metoo movement. That is a mistake. I get it is easy for many to focus on a man and his imperiled dream job, but the vast majority of #metoo cases are not Brett kavanaugh. His accuser didn’t even use #metoo in her description of his attack on her. Maybe you shouldn’t either.

As for legality, she isn’t pressing charges nor even asking for that. She is bringing up this issue as he is about to become 1/9th of an entire branch of government and if her accusations are true it speaks to his character. And like it or lump it character is necessary for a sitting justice. Beside Kavanaugh is a lawyer, if he really feels this is a smear campaign with no merit he can sue her for liable or even slander, which he has not done and at some point that becomes very telling . But this is an employment issue which does not rise to the level of criminal standards. You can be denied employment for many things which are not illegal or haven’t been proven in the criminal courts, and that is as it should be. And seeing how justices are employed by the people for the people, we have a right to have our representatives investigate this accusation the same way employees investigate complaints at a private organization.
That's where she made her mistake. She didn't file a police report, then OR now. Makes her MUCH less credible.

Kavanaugh must be presumed innocent until charged, prosecuted, and found guilty in a court of law. Equal Protections Clause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,376 posts, read 31,074,178 times
Reputation: 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
As for legality, she isn’t pressing charges nor even asking for that.
So, where do you stand on the countering defamation lawsuit, since there is no proof of what she said, to ruin this man?
Should he be able to go after ALL her assets, present and future, since she has no proof to substantiate her accusations? Should he be able to go after everyone that published the libel, with no proof it ever happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 07:42 AM
 
4,192 posts, read 1,772,848 times
Reputation: 11848
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, where do you stand on the countering defamation lawsuit, since there is no proof of what she said, to ruin this man?
Should he be able to go after ALL her assets, present and future, since she has no proof to substantiate her accusations? Should he be able to go after everyone that published the libel, with no proof it ever happened?
Yes! Any man should be able to sue for defamation etc and get everything. Everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top