Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Joe was referring to the OP's post.
I'm aware, the OP doesn't mention gender at all.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:26 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm aware, the OP doesn't mention gender at all.
The OP's username is CALGUY and he signed his post Bob.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With the latest case of sexual harassment against the nominee for the supreme court, and another case here in California with the same charges, I think the law needs to be changed immediately as to when a claim can be filed.
In each and every case reported for the past 10 years, everyone of these cases was brought to light many years after it supposedly happened.
I say, if someone is the victim of sexual mis-conduct, the complainant should have only thirty days to file the report, and complaint.
This action keeps the facts fresh, so that one does not have to rely on memory.
Thirty days to file, or it didn't happen.

Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That was a low blow. How about 30 years? Is that enough time? Why will this "victim" not cooperate with those who are looking to get her testimony and sort this all out? This is nothing more than a political delay tactic, and it shows just how low the liberal establishment will go to get their way. They really need to learn how to lose gracefully.
Have you both no shame?! Have a little compassion and empathy for any victim who has the courage to come out and STOP with the partisan nonsense!

You would not be saying this if the victim is your wife/sister/mother/brother/child, etc!

You're both on ignore, just like anyone else despicable enough to think it's ok to silence, suppress and blame victims of sexual harassment - men or women! Shameful!

Old 09-21-2018, 08:31 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
I say, if someone is the victim of sexual mis-conduct, the complainant should have only thirty days to file the report, and complaint.
Oh you poor thing. You're upset because you thought Kavanaugh was going to be voted in quickly and that didn't work out as planned. Now you're lashing out. In a few days, Kavanaugh will no longer be the nominee and then you can focus all your positive energy on his replacement. Hang in there, it's been a tough week for you.

PS. Are you tired of all the winning yet?

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-21-2018 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-21-2018, 08:31 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No, what's interesting is that the OP never once mentioned gender and you took it upon yourself to make it sound like women and children are always the victims and "dudes" are always guilty.
That was my point, both genders are victims of sexual mis-conduct.

To answer the woman that waited till 65 years old to mention her encounter,SHAME,SHAME, SHAME on you.
Hiding behind the event,doesn't make it any better.
Why would anyone wait that long?
Why would anyone put themselves through all those years of torment?
Absolutely crazy.

The correct thing to do when it happens, report it to officials, then seek counseling.
The only shame should be if you indeed started something , and then aggression by the other party took over,
I would imagine that is why many cases go unreported.
Innocent love making turned into serious sexual abuse.

Report it dammit, don't wait 30, 40 or 65 years.
The law should be 30 days to report, and not one minute later.

Bob.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:33 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It already exists.
I would like to see your source.

Bob.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:34 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Have you both no shame?! You're both on ignore, just like anyone else despicable enough to think it's ok to silence, suppress and blame victims of sexual harassment - men or women! Shameful!
I'm sure most militant liberals have me on ignore. I actually have quite a bit of respect for the one's that don't. I'm sure I will lose a little sleep over this.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:37 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Interesting that a dude thinks he can decide when a woman or small child can come forward with rape or harassment allegations. This is actually the truest statement on this whole mess that I can think of.

SMH
I imagine it would apply to guys as well...

Old 09-21-2018, 08:38 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
In a few days, Kavanaugh will no longer be the nominee and then you can focus all your positive energy on his replacement.
I'm sure liberals are already concocting the next set of plans for whoever Trump nominates as a replacement. Trump could nominate Obama and you would fight the nomination just because Trump made the pick. You are a sad bunch for sure.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:39 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
With the latest case of sexual harassment against the nominee for the supreme court, and another case here in California with the same charges, I think the law needs to be changed immediately as to when a claim can be filed.
In each and every case reported for the past 10 years, everyone of these cases was brought to light many years after it supposedly happened.
This action keeps the facts fresh, so that one does not have to rely on memory.
Thirty days to file, or it didn't happen.

Bob.
You want your guy in there that bad, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies