Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 06:30 PM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She has said so many ridiculous things in the past, is as “old as dirt” and consistently drags her party’s candidates down in the polls ONLY because they belong to the same political party. The Dems desperately need new and MODERATE blood, not an aged, senile, brainless sack of
For the sake of helping her party’s candidates, she should just leave.
Like many others, all she knows is crazy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
She should resign and take Mitch McConnell with her.
You beat me to it.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:39 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
I don't give two s***s about Nancy Pelosi. However, she irritates the hell out of conservatives so that's reason enough for her to stick around. In my humble opinion that is.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She has said so many ridiculous things in the past, is as “old as dirt” and consistently drags her party’s candidates down in the polls ONLY because they belong to the same political party. The Dems desperately need new and MODERATE blood, not an aged, senile, brainless sack of
For the sake of helping her party’s candidates, she should just leave.
We can say the same thing about Trump 🙄

Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Sorry, hopeless.
Nancy Pelosi will quit when she's damn good and ready to quit, or when the voters of her district make the decision for her. That's how it works.

We all age every day. If Pelosi is senile, then it's up to her voters. But she is not senile, nor is she brainless. Despicable as you find her does nothing to change her effectiveness at leading her party's caucus in the House.

Lots of Democrats share your feelings, but there is nothing they can do about her, either. The House caucuses vote in their own leaders and vote them out too.

And moderation didn't get our President elected.

Since lambs don't prey on lions, a lot of Democrats do not share your need for a moderate leader right now. The only way you will be able to change that is to vote for the moderate Democrat of your choice. They do exist aplenty in every state.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:36 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
why should she? she get a free airplane

Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sorry, hopeless.
Nancy Pelosi will quit when she's damn good and ready to quit, or when the voters of her district make the decision for her. That's how it works.

We all age every day. If Pelosi is senile, then it's up to her voters. But she is not senile, nor is she brainless. Despicable as you find her does nothing to change her effectiveness at leading her party's caucus in the House.

Lots of Democrats share your feelings, but there is nothing they can do about her, either. The House caucuses vote in their own leaders and vote them out too.

And moderation didn't get our President elected.

Since lambs don't prey on lions, a lot of Democrats do not share your need for a moderate leader right now. The only way you will be able to change that is to vote for the moderate Democrat of your choice. They do exist aplenty in every state.
I think I'd faint if the bolded ever happened .

(I'm a Bay Area native)

Old 09-24-2018, 02:07 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
First Trump for all BS he has done then Pelosi will resign only when Trump does it. Pelosi will never resign because some republicans do not like strong powerful women and want the US back in the 40s

Old 09-24-2018, 02:24 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I think I'd faint if the bolded ever happened .

(I'm a Bay Area native)
It always happens sooner or later.

But anyone who can serve in the House for 20 years or more deserves respect for their ability to keep such voter loyalty. It's proof they are serving their constituents well, no matter where their politics lie.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:21 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
The Democratic Party is now the more conservative party. If Trump wins a second term, they may finally start admitting the old strategies don't work anymore. Meanwhile, the bay area's bubble pop will swing a wrecking ball through Cali politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies