Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:15 AM

21,832 posts, read 9,386,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I find it curious that most of these #metoo women are liberals. Do liberal women put themselves in vulnerable positions more than conservative women? Maybe this is the issue that needs to be addressed?
I think it's more an issue of liberal women willing to make shi$ up that never happened. I went to plenty of parties and I dated a lot from age 16-37 when I met my husband. I was in plenty of situations where I could have been assaulted. I was stupid. I am the first to admit it. But I was never assaulted or raped. And in the few cases where I had some buyer's remorse, I took responsibility for my part in it...drinking a little too much, etc. I didn't accuse the person or rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 11:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,526,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think it's more an issue of liberal women willing to make shi$ up that never happened. I went to plenty of parties and I dated a lot from age 16-37 when I met my husband. I was in plenty of situations where I could have been assaulted. I was stupid. I am the first to admit it. But I was never assaulted or raped. And in the few cases where I had some buyer's remorse, I took responsibility for my part in it...drinking a little too much, etc. I didn't accuse the person or rape.
So if you were molested or raped, you blame yourself rather than the perpetrator? How sad for you.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:21 AM

Also, I frequent a website where there are a lot of young women and there is a dating forum. Over and over I see women talking about how they want to have a relationship but the culture now is to hop in bed with a guy early on after meeting them. These women do it and hope that it will evolve into something and when it doesn't, they get upset about it. The women's movement has created this. Women are supposed to have sex like a man, with no strings attached. Women aren't designed to be that way. Do women get horny and want to get laid? Probably sometimes. But I don't think I have met a woman yet who wants to just have a bunch of sex with people they barely know without a relationship. Not to say it doesn't happen on occasion. But generally not.

If you want to see an example of a woman who had buyer's remorse and ruined a college kid's life over it, google 'occidental college date rape' to see the story. I am glad I don't have sons.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So if you were molested or raped, you blame yourself rather than the perpetrator? How sad for you.
If I got drunk and went alone with someone to a place where I had no way to get out (and I did this a few times), it's not my fault I got raped but I wasn't smart about avoiding it.

It's like the old thing where people say if you don't want your house robbed, don't leave your doors unlocked. You must make it easier for the person to rob you.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:22 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,062,656 times
[quote=JAMS14;53163970]Maybe conservative women believe in patriarchy, and therefore that men shouldn't be held accountable because they are the bosses. Or the really fundamental ones believe God made men to rule over women so they simply accept it.

What is certain is that conservative women are harassed/assaulted/raped just as often as liberal women. The men who do these things don't care about their political leanings. It's all about power.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:23 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,755,546 times
I can understand why some people feel that these allegations from decades ago are irrelevant. Men have viewed women in a different way for decades. My mother was a byproduct of a generation that saw women as chattel and not as an equal. It was accepted. Trump is from that generation and you can't change old mentalities.

I'm the other side of the coin. My own father had sick intentions towards me and I was strong enough as a child to shut those thoughts down immediately. I had a very unnerving incident happen to me when I was in my early 20's when I was alone with a pervert in a remote room at work. It terrified me. I went to my boss's house after work and explained the situation. The next day the pervert was forced to apologize to me and the humiliation continued with the back slapping and laughter as they left the room. My boss tried to insinuate that it was my fault for the unwanted advances. In another incidence my old man neighbor grabbed me across the fence and planted one on my lips. Again, this was not my fault and certainly not welcome. I told my new husband John and he had a talk with him. I was told at work once that I was sitting on a million dollars. I worked hard for my living and I got up in that old man's face and verbally assaulted him. How disrespectful. Beautiful women are not play things for men, and especially men in power. We heard Trump's own admission about how he just does whatever he wants. He doesn't ask, he just starts kissing.

That mentality needs to STOP! I totally understand that not all women are truthful when it comes to these allegations. I get that, I do. What the republicans are trying to do with Kavanaugh, a very unpopular nominee, is wrong. There needs to be a thorough hearing and a comprehensive one. Kavanaugh needs to talk to the FBI because he looks like a liar if he doesn't. Let him take a lie detector test as Ford has done and passed.

The Me Too Movement is neither all good or all bad, but it is long overdue. These thinly veiled agenda threads become weaker in rhetoric in the light of day, and the light of day is exactly what's needed to reflect on a nominee that may be just in place to politicize a high court that should be above that. To be fair to Judge Kavanaugh, if Ford is a proven liar, then lock her up. To be fair to Ford, if Kavanaugh lies under oath, then he should not only be disqualified and disbarred, but lock him up as well. Doesn't Kavanaugh already have allegations that he lied under oath to the senate over those Bush "spying" emails? Lets get to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Mentalities change with the passing of generations and new mentalities form with the next generation. The Me Too Movement is not a partisan issue. It's a new mentality.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.
Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.
Harvey Weinstein is a conservative republican? Who knew?

Old 09-23-2018, 11:28 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I can understand why some people feel that these allegations from decades ago are irrelevant. Men have viewed women in a different way for decades. My mother was a byproduct of a generation that saw women as chattel and not as an equal. It was accepted. Trump is from that generation and you can't change old mentalities.

I'm the other side of the coin. My own father had sick intentions towards me and I was strong enough as a child to shut those thoughts down immediately. I had a very unnerving incident happen to me when I was in my early 20's when I was alone with a pervert in a remote room at work. It terrified me. I went to my boss's house after work and explained the situation. The next day the pervert was forced to apologize to me and the humiliation continued with the back slapping and laughter as they left the room. My boss tried to insinuate that it was my fault for the unwanted advances. In another incidence my old man neighbor grabbed me across the fence and planted one on my lips. Again, this was not my fault and certainly not welcome. I told my new husband John and he had a talk with him. I was told at work once that I was sitting on a million dollars. I worked hard for my living and I got up in that old man's face and verbally assaulted him. How disrespectful. Beautiful women are not play things for men, and especially men in power. We heard Trump's own admission about how he just does whatever he wants. He doesn't ask, he just starts kissing.

That mentality needs to STOP! I totally understand that not all women are truthful when it comes to these allegations. I get that, I do. What the republicans are trying to do with Kavanaugh, a very unpopular nominee, is wrong. There needs to be a thorough hearing and a comprehensive one. Kavanaugh needs to talk to the FBI because he looks like a liar if he doesn't. Let him take a lie detector test as Ford has done and passed.

The Me Too Movement is neither all good or all bad, but it is long overdue. These thinly veiled agenda threads become weaker in rhetoric in the light of day, and the light of day is exactly what's needed to reflect on a nominee that may be just in place to politicize a high court that should be above that. To be fair to Judge Kavanaugh, if Ford is a proven liar, then lock her up. To be fair to Ford, if Kavanaugh lies under oath, then he should not only be disqualified and disbarred, but lock him up as well. Doesn't Kavanaugh already have allegations that he lied under oath to the senate over those Bush "spying" emails? Lets get to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Mentalities change with the passing of generations and new mentalities form with the next generation. The Me Too Movement is not a partisan issue. It's a new mentality.
Excellent post. And you are so right in your conclusion. The Millennials are much more socially progressive than the generations that preceded them. The old white men's time of absolute rule is coming to an end. That's why there is so much kickback against the MeToo movement. It's their last attempt to hang on to the power and control that is slipping away from them. It can't happen soon enough.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:32 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,429,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Heaven forbid men treat women with some dignity and respect.
The Committe thinks placing a woman out in front in the current climate to ask questions instead of them takes the heat off of the image of all these men on the Republican side, questioning the validity of Ms Ford's cry of sexual assault.

What they have created in their rush to hush is a Kangaroo Court - for all the World to see - America , put a woman on trial who has come forward with alegations of sexual attack when she was a child by Kav. during his hearing process for seating a Supreme Court Justice in the United States of America

In their unconstrained arrogance and rush to hush they are- for all the world to see- allowing a witness who is also a named accomplice in the attack- to hide.

In their unbridled reign of power under Trump they - for all the world to see- declare Me Ford a liar before even hearing her speak, and declare Kav the next Supreme Court Justice without taking a single Vote.

Heaven forbid these men treat the United States of America with some respect and dignity.

And the World is watching America weaken by the hour.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:32 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Originally Posted by BentBow
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.
Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Harvey Weinstein is a conservative republican? Who knew?
You know damn well he was part of the Democrat political machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies