Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:20 PM

10,747 posts, read 4,342,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Men can't keep their pee pee in their pants whether it be liberal or conservative hence the MeToo movement and we Men brought this upon ourselves!
I wonder if some of these men accused were actually raised by and/or around a woman/women.
Take some personal responsibility which is something Conservatives are always preaching !
Stop trying to make it a partisan issue !
Actually men keep it in their pants, while women are incapable of dressing properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 12:23 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Stand by your man... even if he is a rapist, or if he sleeps with prostitutes sans condoms, or if he sexually abuses your baby daughter.
Bill Clinton sexually abused Chelsea? I hadn't heard that before. Do you have a link?

Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe conservative women believe in patriarchy, and therefore that men shouldn't be held accountable because they are the bosses. Or the really fundamental ones believe God made men to rule over women so they simply accept it.

What is certain is that conservative women are harassed/assaulted/raped just as often as liberal women. The men who do these things don't care about their political leanings. It's all about power.
Maybe if you met a cross section of "conservative women", you wouldn't be so quick to stereotype them all.

Perhaps it's time for you to get out of your liberal enclave and get to know a good cross section of people.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Also, I frequent a website where there are a lot of young women and there is a dating forum. Over and over I see women talking about how they want to have a relationship but the culture now is to hop in bed with a guy early on after meeting them. These women do it and hope that it will evolve into something and when it doesn't, they get upset about it. The women's movement has created this. Women are supposed to have sex like a man, with no strings attached. Women aren't designed to be that way. Do women get horny and want to get laid? Probably sometimes. But I don't think I have met a woman yet who wants to just have a bunch of sex with people they barely know without a relationship. Not to say it doesn't happen on occasion. But generally not.

If you want to see an example of a woman who had buyer's remorse and ruined a college kid's life over it, google 'occidental college date rape' to see the story. I am glad I don't have sons.
I am glad you don't have sons too.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:33 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.
Yeah -- the metoo people forgot to check Bill Clinton's record before they began their little quest.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:57 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
In regards to sexual assault, I will believe it more when we have these some or all of these points: -Two on record victims -Clear consistent recollections -Multiple supporting witnesses -Photos -Audio -Detailed 911 call transcript*

Truth be told, while I don't have kids yet, I would be applying the same statements. Even if there is a lack of phys. evidence or audio/videos, consistent testimony from other people helps.

*referenced from twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1041703941057208327, which describes what the Ellison case has and Dr. Ford's claim has)
It appears you'd benefit by checking out #whyididn'treport on Twitter. Very eye-opening, and I believe the number of individual Tweets which have appeared in the last two and a half days is presently up to over 400,000.

Some obvious points:

(1) Rape and sexual assault are terrifying and traumatizing. Some victims may recall tiny details; others may block everything out.

(2)Multiple witnesses are unlikely in many, many cases in which rapists seek to isolate their victims and attack them while alone with them. Multiple supporting witnesses are even more unlikely.

(3) Photos: Can you offer an example of a rape victim who had the presence of mind to take photos of her attacker? (as in, "Here, if you're all done, let me just grab a picture"??). Detailed 911 transcriptions: How many rape victims are able to get to a phone and place such a call promptly, when they are terrified, humiliated, in pain and in fear for their lives?

Please do go read twenty or so of those accounts on Twitter. Education and understanding are wonderful things.

So is compassion.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Here you go :

GOP voter on Kavanaugh: What boy hasn't done this in high school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flIM3AUyQ3A

They are part of the Cult#45!
Yes, and most of them either hold Republican office or are active in Republican politics.

Shameful bunch of Trumpites. I wonder if any are the mothers of daughters, and if so, how those daughters feel about this?

Old 09-23-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl;53165671[B
]If I got drunk and went alone with someone to a place where I had no way to get out (and I did this a few times), it's not my fault I got raped but I wasn't smart about avoiding it.

[/b]It's like the old thing where people say if you don't want your house robbed, don't leave your doors unlocked. You must make it easier for the person to rob you.
But surely not every single man with whom you might go alone to an isolated place would automatically attempt to rape you. Even if you were drunk. Do you not know any gentlemen, who instead would have helped you and seen you safely home?

There have been many times when a member of the opposite sex and I went for woodland walks, for example. A picnic with wine or beer might have been included. Either of us might have felt a few effects as a result.

No rape occurred. Not even a consideration. No one felt vulnerable or threatened by anyone else - neither I nor my companion. Nor did either of us view it as an opportunity to jump each others' bones, consensually or not. Yet we were alone, deep in the woods, far from the city and even far from paved roads or other people...and would have to walk out to one car, with no other vehicle around.

This would be true for most men of my acquaintance, who also would be respectful of their female friends, spouses, family members, girlfriends and companions in such a circumstance. Those who would not be respectful would find themselves condemned socially and ostracized.

If it came to rape, well, they would be beyond the pale and would be turned over to the authorities. I think the same is likely true in most social circles of people of any degree of intelligence and kindness, who value justice and civility. Victims - survivors, actually - would be comforted and cherished and assured of their worth, and urged to seek justice.

Actually, something like this DID happen to a woman in my circle several years ago - she was out running on a residential street when she was grabbed and assaulted. Was she therefore to blame for what happened to her?? After all, she was alone...much smaller than her assailant...wearing running shorts and a tank top, not exactly a burkha. Should she be condemned for her "bad judgment" for wearing scanty clothing and running alone before it was fully daylight?

She wasn't, at least not by her caring friends, who came to her side and continued to be warm and supportive friends afterwards. Thankfully. Had they not continued to be her friends, they would not have continued to be my own friends, either.

What you have posted is both condemnatory of all men as well as of yourself, as you seem to hold yourself, and presumably any other woman in the same situation, responsible for being raped because of bad judgment. By the same token, you are letting the rapist off the hook entirely, since his victim had such "bad judgment".

Do you not see how unjust both of these viewpoints are?? Not every man is a rapist - thankfully - and no woman who is raped deserves to be blamed because of her supposedly "bad judgement". The responsibility in all cases is entirely that of the rapist, no one else.

NONE of those are valid excuses or accusations.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:48 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Bill Clinton sexually abused Chelsea? I hadn't heard that before. Do you have a link?
I don't know about Bill sexually exploiting Chelsea on shock jock radio, but Trump certainly did that to his own flesh and blood. It's like a sickness with Cult 45 and some of these guys really need some help.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:15 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I don't know about Bill sexually exploiting Chelsea on shock jock radio, but Trump certainly did that to his own flesh and blood. It's like a sickness with Cult 45 and some of these guys really need some help.
Cult?

If you are going to accuse others of being in a "cult" just because they voted for a candidate, then I certainly hope that you will own up to the fact that you belong to the Obama/Hillary cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies