Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm guessing that you're insulting the movie without having seen it, right? And you probably haven't heard him speak at any length, because you'd immediately know he's not crazy.

The "gripe" from Roger and Me is the same, with others added in. His basic idea is that ordinary people get shafted - the 1% stomping on the 99%. And I suspect a lot of Trump supporters agree with that basic idea. Michael Moore is a good filmmaker and has accomplished the rare feat of being a documentarian who can actually command an audience. I know that people like to attack him for having made money - for being successful, because people like his movies - but I'm guessing he makes quite a lot of donations.
I'm probably going to watch it, if only for the entertainment value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 05:25 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Didn't see it, and won't watch anything from that exploitive, lying d bag. The numbers do suck for him though, which is good.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:06 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
What do I think, I think it's a big fat box office flop, indeed it's flopping around like Moore's ugly long arcylic wig which seems to have a life of it's own and seems to be permanently attached to a baseball cap. I shudder to think what he looks like when he takes it off at night.

Box Office: Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 11/9' Flops With $3M Debut Weekend - Forbes

How Michael Moore Lost His Audience - Variety

As for Fahrenheit 11/9 it is just more of the same tired Moore format, which was initially amusing but had become tired a long time ago.

I remember Moore doing exactly the same thing in relation to George W. Bush who in retrospect can be fondly remembered when compared to Trump.

Politicians are of course an easy target for Moore, who seems to have a very left wing agenda, when in reality I think he will find the left are often as bad as politicians on the right, they just have like Moore himself have a different agenda.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
I cannot make a judgment on Moore's films, any of them, since I have never viewed a single minute of anything he's ever produced, but I can explain why I will never watch anything he's ever produced.

Virtually every review of his films, whether the reviewer agrees or disagrees with Moore's politics personally, agrees that his films are largely about creative splicing and intersection of video/picture images to remove or recreate context in order for those videos/images to tell a story wholly different than their original context. Basically, his films are all the video equivalent misleading headlines and intentionally omitted context.

I hate when alleged news journalists do it for news I consume free of charge, so I am certainly not going to pay someone to do the same thing on a larger scale.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:40 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
His films are typical Hollywood, B.O.A.T.S. (based on a true story), where they start with a true event and twist it to their agenda much like the media.
([/list]

Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
A true Crazy old man now. He used to have a legitimate gripe during Roger and Me. Today hes just a rich goober pretending he still gives a crap about the less fortunate.

Spread your MILLIONS of dollars around and stimulate the economy in Flint if you "care" about them so much
Haven't seen it. Did you?

If not, how can you possibly comment on it?

Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Was it good?
Decent. The acting was outstanding. The plot was badly scripted. It should’ve been easy to knock out of the park because Rick’s story is so compelling.

Whoever adopted the story for screen messed up.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:43 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
A true Crazy old man now. He used to have a legitimate gripe during Roger and Me. Today hes just a rich goober pretending he still gives a crap about the less fortunate.

Spread your MILLIONS of dollars around and stimulate the economy in Flint if you "care" about them so much
I haven't tuned into anything Hollywood in about ummmm, when did Something About Mary come out? Who is Michael Moore? Demi Moore's brother?

Old 09-24-2018, 03:48 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:

Michael Moore told lots of lies in Roger and Me. It showed his character right off the bat that he couldn't help but spew a continual stream of lies when he could have made a legit argument in that film.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:09 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Michael Moore told lots of lies in Roger and Me. It showed his character right off the bat that he couldn't help but spew a continual stream of lies when he could have made a legit argument in that film.
Yeah, Flint went dispersed global, and he's never criticized globalism.

The Detroit Tigers will never make it in Iraq.

The Chinese took Buick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies