Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:39 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
My question would be, what, exactly, is a "Feminazi?"

I want to know.

It's a meaningless conservative DRECK term.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I used to think it was just my imagination. But it seemed to me that women who describe themselves as conservative, were, for the most part, prettier than their liberal counterparts.
This writer has noticed the same thing and has some useful comments as to why.

So I'm not just seeing what I want to see. True, Debra Messing is a left wing nut case and also about as pretty as any woman wants to be. So is Ashley Judd. But when you look around at a conservative gathering, the women are stunners! They carry themselves proudly, they are intelligent and confident, and best of all that are not angry. Determined, focused, but not angry.

Read:
Why Conservative Women Are So Pretty

And you quit because?

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Easier take
Men with money date hotter women. Men with money skew conservative.

Extreme left females (the left most 5%. NOT merely "liberal") tend to be aesthetically challenged. For example Edith the hat thief.
Often men with a LOT of money trend liberal/progressive to Virtue Signal how enlightened, evolved, kind, and altruistic they are. Maybe sometimes out of guilt for the extreme son of a ******* they were in the business world. Look at the top billionaires in the world. They are largely far left, starting with Jeff Bezos, Gates, etc.

I do agree with the fact that good looking women are attracted to money, power, and success. Go to more affluent areas, and you will see more attractive women married to financially successful men.

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sure, more conservatives go for the "dolled up" look while a lot of liberal women go for the "earthy no make up" type of appearance. Some liberal chicks who would be glamorous if they chose to don't do it because it goes against the branding.

That's just untrue. Most liberal women wouldn't leave the house without putting their face on first. I swear they buy the stuff by the gallon and put it in with a paint roller.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Why doesn't anyone ever start a thread like this about men?
Double-standards. But there's no getting away from it in our society. Just take a look at Hollywood. The homely actress exists, but is rare. I'd say I only find half of male actors today to be handsome. (Now, if we could clone Jason Momoa....)

Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
But why is it that when men do it, it's just the natural order of things, and when women do it, it's shallow?

People of both sexes will probably always prize good looks, although hopefully not over other, more lasting qualities, but that is no reason to buy into this idea that a woman's appearance is her most important asset, particularly in a professional setting. I understand dating or mating only those to whom one feels attracted, but this isn't about that. This is about calling liberal women ugly, which is both unkind and untrue.

If you are not speaking out against objectification, you are accepting it. If you think it is wrong, for the love of God, stand against it. Your voice matters.
I am a firm believer in equal rights, equal pay, etc, and have actually been an activist for it in my past. Yes, it's true. However, I must admit, being totally honest, that I am a sucker for an attractive woman, and tend to notice that first. Yes, I am guilty of objectifying women in that way. Do I agree that it is OK? To a degree yes, I am ok with it, but again not to the detriment of women, or above all other factors. I don't think it is ok to call all liberal women ugly, because that is just not true as it is a gross generalization. I do think anger, and envy is ugly, and many liberal women tend to have that trait, which yes makes SOME of them unattractive.

I don't know if I answered your question, or making any sense at all. I somewhat think I am speaking out of both sides of my mouth to justify being attracted to good looking women.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:48 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Meth doesn’t make women pretty.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Some men are attracted to deference, while others want a woman who speaks her mind. As I wrote earlier, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I used to think it was just my imagination. But it seemed to me that women who describe themselves as conservative, were, for the most part, prettier than their liberal counterparts.
This writer has noticed the same thing and has some useful comments as to why.

So I'm not just seeing what I want to see. True, Debra Messing is a left wing nut case and also about as pretty as any woman wants to be. So is Ashley Judd. But when you look around at a conservative gathering, the women are stunners! They carry themselves proudly, they are intelligent and confident, and best of all that are not angry. Determined, focused, but not angry.

Read:
Why Conservative Women Are So Pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
This is just from my own observations but, women who consider themselves conservative tend to have higher self-esteem, are more at peace with who they are, and as the OP said, they are definitely more confident. All of those things tend to make a woman more attractive.
I didn't read past these two posts, but I think it's all about perspective.

I do think that ON AVERAGE (because it is absolutely a generalization), conservative women tend to PRESENT themselves as more polished. I guess it all comes down to personal taste, but for me, I'd much rather a woman who is naturally beautiful. A woman who is flawed (all humans are), and embraces those flaws, and doesn't try to hide them. To me, a person's beauty or "ugly" is magnified once you get to know their personality, and it stands to reason that conservatives would attract to people with conservative values, as liberals would attract to people with liberal values.

To me, I guess the bottom line, when it comes to judging a woman's beauty, is not how she looks when she goes out on Friday night, dressed to the nines (although I can certainly appreciate that too), but much more about what she looks like on a camping trip, or in the morning before make-up, or how she handles herself in less than flattering situations.

Each person gets to judge "looks" on their own criteria. I chose the entire look, not just the superficial one. That said, I won't be a total hypocrit. I certainly don't mind walking into a room with a beautiful woman on my arm, but that woman will be there because of the fabric of her total self, not just the looks.

To each their own. I suspect most people give a slight 'bump' to the percieved appearance of people who they respect, and share values with. I think that is as it should be.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:05 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
lol, anyplace else and this thread would be torn to shreads. Only on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies