Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So - let's make this clear....

1. You think that harm done by things like trade wars, precedents in the admin, environmental rollbacks and the like......ALL show up instantly and have immediate effects on each and every person.....

2. You think health care - which makes up a vast percentage of our GDP - has no importance.

3. Deft and deficits don't matter a lick - we never have to start paying them down or attempting stabilization.

4. Vastly higher interest rates for mortgages...and for the federal and other debt.....this also will have absolutely no effect on anyone.........

Sorry, you lose this thread. Governing is closer to planting an orchard than it is to building a couple walls. Long term tendencies matter.

10's of millions have died in this country from radiation, pollution and other such man-made sources. The effects are often DECADES after the exposures and decisions were/are made.
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are people who won’t turn on him until he messes with their insurance (Medicare) and their income (Social Security).

The rest of the country be damned.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The OP didn't ask you for your concerns.

They asked how your life has changed for the worse.
I have to look at Trump more often. And, then he makes it worse by actually speaking.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:51 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,047 times
He almost got rid of ACA. That would make me uninsurable, and very soon dead. I still live in fear that he will succeed in this. I am constantly in fear because of the fact that he has raised our debt more than any other president has done. I have to make sure when the grand kids are over they never see or hear the man because of his hateful comments. how can I tell them he is MY president when, as a democrat, he says terrible thingsa about me. I am waiting for the fallout of the trade wars, particularly for our farmers, and the negative impact on our environment. I am suffering from the fact that we are losing allies. I live in terror that we may have another Hitler on our hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 11:13 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
He almost got rid of ACA. That would make me uninsurable, and very soon dead. I still live in fear that he will succeed in this. I am constantly in fear because of the fact that he has raised our debt more than any other president has done. I have to make sure when the grand kids are over they never see or hear the man because of his hateful comments. how can I tell them he is MY president when, as a democrat, he says terrible thingsa about me. I am waiting for the fallout of the trade wars, particularly for our farmers, and the negative impact on our environment. I am suffering from the fact that we are losing allies. I live in terror that we may have another Hitler on our hands.
This is what I fear. The cult of personality Trump has and the fact his base is unified in their anger and hatred towards those seen as "undesirable," in the case of Trump supporters pretty much anybody who is non-Christian, non-heterosexual, or of a non-WASP culture or ethnicity. The fact they've wrapped it all in a flag and have made it so that you aren't a true American if you aren't one of them. Then they've used religion as a means to demonize the Democrats as actually Satanic. When you believe you speak for God and you believe your political opponent is literally Satanic, there can be no compromise.

I'm concerned if Trump gets a 9/11. He may just use it as his "reichstag fire."

Old 09-25-2018, 11:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
People need to quit electing highly successful people who are well off and in great health with no serious medical conditions. They can't relate to other people who can't say the same. Do you think billionaires, like Trump, wants to sincerely help people of poor to moderate means. Hell, no, he doesn't, so you got Wal-Mart talking like it will have to raise prices, due to Trump's tariffs on China.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:16 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have to look at Trump more often. And, then he makes it worse by actually speaking.

Oh.......well that's way worse than Obama completely FUBAR-ing my health insurance.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:19 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is what I fear. The cult of personality Trump has and the fact his base is unified in their anger and hatred towards those seen as "undesirable," in the case of Trump supporters pretty much anybody who is non-Christian, non-heterosexual, or of a non-WASP culture or ethnicity. The fact they've wrapped it all in a flag and have made it so that you aren't a true American if you aren't one of them. Then they've used religion as a means to demonize the Democrats as actually Satanic. When you believe you speak for God and you believe your political opponent is literally Satanic, there can be no compromise.

I'm concerned if Trump gets a 9/11. He may just use it as his "reichstag fire."

Calm yourself.

Our Constitution and system of government doesn't allow for dictatorships.

Jesus people, loose the hyperbole please.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:31 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Since Trump took office?

I mean, we see the constant complaining and "woe is me" BS on a daily basis...but they never explain how their life is now so awful that they contemplate suicide..have you missed any meals?
The coronation of the queen never happened --- and many people can't deal with it.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:53 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't want my President to be laughed at when he is at the UN talking.
I will never understand the left's weird obsession with what the rest of the world thinks. I can only assume that they are a bunch of insecure people, stuck in the childish high-school mindset.

People only obsess about what other people think when they're unsure about what is right, or what is good.

Once you understand what is right, you couldn't care less if the whole world was against you. You will not budge. And you would gladly be crucified for it, in the knowledge that you were right.

I can only assume that the weird leftist obsession with what other people think, is the false-assumption that right and wrong can or should be established democratically. So if enough people are against it(either in the country, or the world), then it must be wrong.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 AM

716 posts, read 539,734 times
after reading the post all i can say is thank god i am not a liberal - you libs are just plain nasty, sad, looking for bad things to happen, ungratful, mad and just want to say the sky is falling over everything

i am so glad i dont loose sleep over wars, economy, church, women rights, money and on and on and cant wait for the sun to rise each morning

libs and progressives are just a bunch of sad helpless wonderers who need our money need our faith need our leadership need our optiomisim need our since of humor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies