Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Since Trump took office?

I mean, we see the constant complaining and "woe is me" BS on a daily basis...but they never explain how their life is now so awful that they contemplate suicide..have you missed any meals?
I can tell you the environment is definitely worse off or will be after all this deregulation crap takes hold. Tariffs have raised prices already. Thank God my house is built, as the cost to build a new home as gone up because of material increases. He tried his damnedest to do away with Obamacare, which WOULD have negatively affected me. No, my life personally at this point isn't affected, and I'd never contemplate suicide for sure, but I can still see the effects of his presidency on many other people, including immigrant children separated from their families, and because I don't live in a bubble, these things happen to bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And Trump has to fight 99.9% of the Media's lies, and leftist agenda. Also Corporate Tech, social media, the Democrats obviously, the deep state bureaucrats in government, EDUCATION, an other elements of society. All anti American, all anti Trump.
Poor little Trumpie. Give me a break. The media just reports what comes out of his bloviating mouth, for God's sake.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Trump is one of the most pro America presidents that has ever been. To be against him is to be anti Ameican. The policies he supports are pro American policies. How can anyone claiming to love America argue with that? Try visiting other countries and live there awhile if you want to see true life changing,
suppressive "leadership".
Trump is pro Trump. The end.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
So we agree to disagree.
Essentially, yes. That has always been the case, 4dog.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:41 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I had a great insurance before Obamacare. Now a simple five minute family doc visit where I was only given a prescription ended up costing me $80 with copay because insurance don't cover everything anymore with the family doc.
But when you get laid off from your job and have heart attack a week later, you won’t face complete financial ruin.

#Worthwhile Tradeoff

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left has been duped by their Globalist, Elitist puppeteers that some sort of Utopia is possible, and even wanted by the populace. It is a false assumption.

ah, the right has been duped by Alex jones, trump, and the kochs to believe that if we cut enough regulations, taxes, and aid to the poor that eventually everyone will 'lift themselves up by their bootstraps" and become millionaires. it is a false promise.

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, again... what's the point of telling the OP what we don't like about Trump's America?

I mean, he likes it, so obviously our concerns are without merit.

I don't care that you like it. By that, I don't mean that I don't care if people are happy. I mean, I don't get any satisfaction out of you liking things I'm not fond of.

You have every right to like them, though.

And, you may "know" that Trump is whatever you think he is, but he's just a person and he's got his own interests, believe me.

They all do. All presidents.

So, his interests sometimes mesh with my own and sometimes they do not, but it is his rhetoric that I find most concerning. He's a lot of bluster while running up a questionable tab.

People say it's "playing chess" and I see it more as "sleight of hand" only the people who don't see the card trick are his supporters.
So many words to say absolutely nothing.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:45 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Trump is one of the most pro America presidents that has ever been. To be against him is to be anti Ameican. The policies he supports are pro American policies. How can anyone claiming to love America argue with that? Try visiting other countries and live there awhile if you want to see true life changing,
suppressive "leadership".
Brainwashing is a powerful thing.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who knew, what happens in Florida, under governors direction, kills the Gulf of Mexico.
provable.

But unless you want to hear the facts I'll basically keep quiet...except to note that he did away with money and actions WHICH WERE ALREADY APPROVED BY FLORIDA VOTERS...and PAID FOR....which would have reduced the flow of nitrates and algae and other bad stuff into the Gulf.

When you do the complete opposite of stewardship. you are part of the problem...not the solution.

The solution will be decades long and require leadership and the will of the voters. The second appears to be in play as some black unknown dude from Gainesville is slated to win the Gov. over a white millionaire developer with unlimited money and connections.

Anyway, on with the thread. Republicans do not believe in stewardship nor in the future nor in the regular people. That is an accurate statement, IMHO....the OP asked, I answered.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:53 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well to be fare, we didn't act like fools.
we didn't run around breaking things.
we didn't intimidate liberal speakers and force them to shut up.
we didn't run elected liberals out of restaurants and threaten overt violence.
we didn't FREAKING SHOOT SITTING MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

so the question isn't the same at all.
we did however oppose very liberal politics and we did predict that the Obama rhetoric would lead to the lefts insane violent aggressive behavior.

so there is that...
Yes, that’s exactly what some of you did. Kathy Gifford? Both sides have bad actors. It amazes me how blind people can be to the faults in their group and the goodness in other groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies