Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I call bullpoop on the poop thing. That's beyond any plausibility.

Where exactly would the president be going where his poop would just be left lying around for some lurking spy to collect?

Presumably the President isn't using a camp toilet or a latrine in the woods. There isn't any WH porta potty on the back lawn. He's going to be using a bathroom in places that have regular plumbing, which flows into a municipal sewer...nobody is going to be able to identify out of all the poop in a sewage line, which one belongs to a specific individual.
Some quick google searches will turn it up, here is an older one I found for GWB:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-...s_b_24536.html

Quote:
The White House flew in a special portable toilet to Vienna for Bush’s personal use during his visit. The Bush White House is so concerned about Bush’s security, the veil of secrecy extends over the president’s bodily excretions. The special port-a-john captured Bush’s feces and urine and flew the waste material back to the United States in the event some enterprising foreign intelligence agency conducted a sewage pipe operation designed to trap and examine Bush’s waste material.
Not just limited to the US either:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...jong-un-toilet

Quote:
Kim does so because according to one North Korean military defector, the leader's "excretions contain information about his health status so they can’t be left behind."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 02:11 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Just curious, anyone know the life span of stored blood before it must either be used or discarded?

And I agree with the others who've said like him/her or not, the country should do everything in it's power to protect/save the POTUS.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I almost fell off my chair. Is this what all our presidents had a refrig of their blood?

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...-blood-n912841

I wonder if he keeps all his cans of Diet Coke he has to have in the fridge beside that blood.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:21 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just curious, anyone know the life span of stored blood before it must either be used or discarded?

And I agree with the others who've said like him/her or not, the country should do everything in it's power to protect/save the POTUS.
This Red Cross page says that it can be refrigerated for up to 42 days.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate...ted-blood.html

Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Surely the blood is sent for use on others before it reaches its expiration date, and the president's blood supply is restocked with fresh blood. They probably restock regularly and pass on the unused elsewhere. Since it's not his actual blood, it should be able to be used for others before it expires.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-26-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 02:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm guessing that the blood supply is pretty common. The funny part is, what if there's a massive accident and attack, and the blood supply is broken open? It should be somewhere else.

Of course, it's well known that he doesn't drink liquor, so that opens the door to some pointed jokes about his being a blood-sucker.
Actually, the Presidential Limo is designed to take some pretty significant hits, if something is strong enough to damage the blood supply inside of the car, those people riding in the car are probably beyond the help that a simple blood transfusion would provide. I'm thinking its more likely helpful in terms of a bullet wound or other attack/accident that happens while outside of the vehicle.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Surely the blood is sent for use on others before it reaches its expiration date, and the president's blood supply is restocked with fresh blood. They probably restock regularly and pass on the unused elsewhere. Since it's not his actual blood, it should be able to be used for others before it expires.
That would be my guess.

Also, my sister the cardiac care nurse says that more doctors are saying that 42 days is too old for very serious cases. I’d bet they switch it out more often than 42 days.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That would be my guess.

Also, my sister the cardiac care nurse says that more doctors are saying that 42 days is too old for very serious cases. I’d bet they switch it out more often than 42 days.

Isn't there something used in combat zones that doesn't require refrigeration that helps keep the injured alive until 'real' blood is available?

Old 09-26-2018, 03:16 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I wonder if he keeps all his cans of Diet Coke he has to have in the fridge beside that blood.
And some Big Macs in a warm oven next to the cokes....

Love love love the way American throws away all the money in this trillion debt country.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:19 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Actually, the Presidential Limo is designed to take some pretty significant hits, if something is strong enough to damage the blood supply inside of the car, those people riding in the car are probably beyond the help that a simple blood transfusion would provide. I'm thinking its more likely helpful in terms of a bullet wound or other attack/accident that happens while outside of the vehicle.
Oh I think he would do great in vehicle like the popemobile...I can visualize it now....saves taxpayers some dough re me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies