Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:04 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If he was so plainspoken, why have people like Kellyanne had to come out and explain what he really meant, what was in his heart? Or end up with an incredibly long rambling sentence like:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”
And the above, ladies and gents, is a perfect example of a truly eloquent and intelligent speech from an inspirational and the greatest leader any country has ever had.

(And, yes, I am being sarcastic!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 12:14 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
see here's where I know I can stop reading as you clearly don't look to actually get facts on glorified press releases. the deal agreed to raise the cap on total number of autos. Except, we've never come close to the current limit, so in essence nothing was actually gained here. We could have raised number to 5 Trillion and it would have exact same results. btw- to score this big "win" he exempted S Korea from steel tariffs....the current tariffs with other nation's steel have raised prices of cars made in the US, which in turn has reduced the number of exports...so all total, this is lose/lose...so please explain to me how we're "correcting" things when this is an actual quote from the Cato Institute: “It hardly seems like it will have an impact,” says Simon Lester, a trade policy expert at the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank. “I think [the Trump administration] needed to declare a victory, to just do something and sell it as a win.”
Can one of the "Trump is brilliant" people translate that gobbledegook into English for the majority of people, who heard only word salad? Thanks!

I was merely the translator. They asked to translate, not debate the topic. I would be glad to debate this ^ topic but it's off topic.

BTW: If you want accurate Asian news and it deals with America watch NHK. You won't be getting anything useful from America's cable stations.

Last edited by Tokinouta; 09-27-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 12:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
And the above, ladies and gents, is a perfect example of a truly eloquent and intelligent speech from an inspirational and the greatest leader any country has ever had.

Yup. I'm fond of this one too:

"“I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yup. I'm fond of this one too:

"“I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

I'm just guessing here, but that sounds like a statement from someone with a very very large brain that China admires.

Am I right?

Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

What don't you like, his NY accent? He's right if he ran as Democrat most of you would be saying he's great. As he states, I have to throw out my credentials to be taken seriously. Nuclear power is what Iran has on us, and they are great negotiators as well as American hostages. They don't appreciate the intelligence of their woman are and should listen to them, but they will find out how smart and mistreated they are in the future. This just shows how inhumane Iran is, and how hard it is to negotiate with a leader like that.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article...-movement-iran
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.86185c3e3251 Hostages are a tough issue since it's tied to the nuke deal.

I get that you don't like the WAY he speaks, but do you argue the contents? Because these are real issues. Instead of the way he speaks, I would expect a debate on the issues he's talking about but no, it's the manner and tone most seem interested in with this president, not the issues.

I spend too much time defending this guys mannerism and I didn't even vote for him. But some on the left just seems clueless about issues and that is why they can't understand anything he says. It seems Trump assumes everyone knows about these issues when he's talking, but apparently not.

I get it's fun but he isn't the one who seems ignorant.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
What don't you like, his NY accent? He's right if he ran as Democrat most of you would be saying he's great. As he states, I have to throw out my credentials to be taken seriously. Nuclear power is what Iran has on us, and they are great negotiators as well as American hostages. They don't appreciate the intelligence of their woman are and should listen to them, but they will find out how smart and mistreated they are in the future. This just shows how inhumane Iran is, and how hard it is to negotiate with a leader like that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.86185c3e3251 Hostages are a tough issue since it's tied to the nuke deal.

I get that you don't like the WAY he speaks, but do you argue the contents? Because these are real issues. Instead of the way he speaks, I would expect a debate on the issues he's talking about but no, it's the manner and tone most seem interested in with this president, not the issues.

I spend too much time defending this guys mannerism and I didn't even vote for him. But some on the left just seems clueless about issues and that is why they can't understand anything he says. It seems Trump assumes everyone knows about these issues when he's talking, but apparently not.

No, he is the one who’s ignorant. Including his supporters.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

The point that I was making is that a truly intelligent and great POTUS should be able to make his points without coming across as an arrogant and uneducated buffoon. That is a point that I think many of Trump's supporters don't understand -- why we (many of us who dislike Trump as POTUS) think that being a good communicator is essential to being a good leader.

Also, I do not find his, or any, accent objectionable at all.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
...lefties just don't understand truth and plainspokeness.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:13 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
One can be blunt, speak plainly, not end up so eloquent or whatever the issues have with how Obama speaks (since people here often say they dont like how he does) without it ending up as the convoluted word salad we get

Old 09-27-2018, 01:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Strongest and most competent President anyone alive today has ever seen in their lifetime. This is what a real leader looks like, folks. Combine the strengths of the last 9 Presidents into one and Trump still leaves them in the dust.

But my enthusiasm is bridled by the knowledge that it will all unravel and be quickly back to the way it was after 2024. No one else has the raw intestinal fortitude and force of personality to stand up to the media and their puppeteers. No one. But the next 6 years will an experience as close as most of us ever get to riding in the cockpit of Thunderbird #1.
I feel the way he does the whole "we won" thumbs up at such events as the 9/11 Memorial remembrance in Pennsylvania and his singing along aloud at the Tomb of the Unknowns to be especially dignified, don't you?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies