Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 06:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,845,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I never understood this... If both parties are intoxicated, technically neither are really in a position to consent. So why is it assumed the man gave his consent while the woman did not....
I don't know either, because a male could regret it to or feel used too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 06:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,971,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's way worse. Someone of your sexual orientation trying to unbutton your pants is a cake walk in comparison. At least on an emotional basis you can rationalize you were desirable, but how do rationalize the hate of just wanting to physical injure someone? I personally think kids in school or the like who are bullied are as big as victims as any sex offense victim.
Sexual assualt is not just "someone of your sexual orientation trying to unbutton your pants."

Wow...

I wouldn't even expect Todd Akin to be that misinformed about sexual assault.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I never understood this... If both parties are intoxicated, technically neither are really in a position to consent. So why is it assumed the man gave his consent while the woman did not....
Well when the woman is passed out drunk, and the man is coherent enough to have sex...

Or even if the man is the one who initiates sex... How do you give yourself consent to have sex?

Old 09-28-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sexual assualt is not just "someone of your sexual orientation trying to unbutton your pants."

Wow...

I wouldn't even expect Todd Akin to be that misinformed about sexual assault.
People are calling that "attempted rape" in the Kavanaugh accusation. I think attempted rape falls well at the top of a sexual assault or offense.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Well when the woman is passed out drunk, and the man is coherent enough to have sex...

Or even if the man is the one who initiates sex... How do you give yourself consent to have sex?
If two people of the opposite sex and the same sexual orientation get drunk together it implies consent to a degree depending on the circumstances. Oftentimes a woman won't finish one drink with a man they are not sexually interested in.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
People all calling that "attempted rape" in the Kavanaugh accusation. I think attempted rape falls well at the top of a sexual assault or offense.
I don't even know what you are trying to say.

Kavanaugh did more then "try to unbutton" her pants. Why don't you go read up on everything, or even just watch Dr. Fords opening remarks from yesterday to hear what she is accusing Kavanaugh of doing to her.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
If two people of the opposite sex and the same sexual orientation get drunk together it implies consent to a degree depending on the circumstances. Oftentimes a woman won't finish one drink with a man they are not sexually interested in.
No there is no implied consent just because a girl is drunk. It actually means there isn't any consent, because you can't give consent when drunk.

A woman having more then one drink doesn't mean she is sexually interested in a man. You can't be serious with this line of thinking...

Old 09-28-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
No there is no implied consent just because a girl is drunk. It actually means there isn't any consent, because you can't give consent when drunk.

A woman having more then one drink doesn't mean she is sexually interested in a man. You can't be serious with this line of thinking...
So any sex with a "drunk" girl is rape the most horrible thing known to man ?

Old 09-28-2018, 06:26 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,212,585 times
Quote:
The only people who want this are those that don't understand what happens to a woman (or anyone) who has been raped. It can be many years before they are able to come forward. Some (as in the case of rape of a child) can take until they are adults and able to come to terms with their abuse.

I say the opposite...

Get rid of the statute of limitations all together.

However...

If a person falsely accuses another of such of a crime, they need to be dealt with severely and it should be a criminal offense. It needs to be a life-as-they-know-it ending sentence as they have done to another.

Quote:
No it won't. Women who are sexually assaulted don't think "eh, maybe I'll report this in 10-20 years." If there was a 48 hour statute of limitations, there will still be women who don't report the rape. Either they're afraid, want to pretend it didn't happen, blame themselves for what, or a multutude of other reasons that women have for not reporting the crime. Such a short window to report the crime will only mean more rapists will go unpunished.
Again, this is not a proposal for a SOL. It is a reporting requirement. That's all. It would be a law that stands alone.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know either, because a male could regret it to or feel used too .

Exactly. This is why so many of these incidents that the left and their feminist attack dogs fictionalize as "date rape" are not criminal offenses. If both parties are intoxicated then there can be no offense. A person cannot be both the victim and the perpetrator of the same act.

Quote:
People are calling that "attempted rape" in the Kavanaugh accusation. I think attempted rape falls well at the top of a sexual assault or offense.
Actually in Maryland state law the statute for sexual assault does not include what Ford alleged. So it is not a sexual offense. I have not understood why she insists on characterizing it as a sexual assault, when its not.

Quote:
So any sex with a "drunk" girl is rape the most horrible thing known to man ?
Don't expect the left to be rational. This has never been about justice, only about power.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:32 PM

15,053 posts, read 10,045,925 times
Quote:

It takes two to tango... An intoxicated man or woman can both be capable of sex. Its silly to think otherwise. It is bias to think that intoxication equates to inability to consent UNLESS you are man.

Keep in mind that penetration isn't required for sexual assault.

Last edited by usayit; 09-28-2018 at 06:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies