Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

The House Boys are right.
They don't have an option of jury nullification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 12:25 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I wasn't aware he joined the military at any time in his earlier years.
He has no military, or guns to protect him. If you watched the video you would see why I consider him a brave man.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:28 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The House Boys are right.
They don't have an option of jury nullification.
Yes we do, we had Jury Nullifucation cases before the US was even a country.

They are rare cases, the last being in 1982 when Clive Ponting was aquitted of breaching the Official Secrets Act. The Jury came to the conclusion that although Pointing had broken the law, it was in the public interest that the information was released.

Jury Nullification - England and Wales - Wikipedia

Clive Ponting - Wikipedia

The 1670 Bushnel case was also instrumental in determing the law regarding nullification, it involved two Quakers charged with unlawful assembly, William Penn (the future founder of Pennsylvania) and William Mead.

The Jury went against the law and a furious Judge. A member of the Jury Edward Bushel, refused to pay a fine imposed on him by the Judge, the case went all the way to Sir John Vaughan, Chief Justice of the Court of Common Pleas, who ruled that a jury could not be punished simply on account of the verdict it returned, but that individual jurors could still be punished if it could be demonstrated that they had acted improperly

Bushel Case - Wikipedia

It alsoi should be noted that only serious indictable offences are tried by Juries, lesser summary offences are tried in the Magistrates courts where there are usually a panel of three Judges.

More serious offences are transferred to the Crwn Courts to be considered by a Jury. Magistrates Courts have much more limited powers than the Crown Court in terms of sentencing.

The vast majority of minor cases are heard in the lower Courts such as the Magistrates, Family Courts or County Courts, with only around 2% of serious cases going to Jury trial at the Crown Courts or High Courts. The County Courts can have a Jury but this is very rare, and such courts are presided over by a District Judge. The other court than can have a Jury is a Corners Court, where cause of death must be established.

Juries in England and Wales - Wikipedia

History of trial by jury in England - Wikipedia

Robinson will be before a Jury at the Central Criminal Courts known as the 'Old Bailey' in London, for a retrial later this month.

Whilst I have no problem with Robinson stating his beliefs or Katie Hopkins, it is rather stupid to keep breaking contempt laws when you know that filming in courts is contempt or filmimg outside courts involving cases which have restrictions due to the narure of the offence and due to the fact velnerable young victims will be giving evidence. I agree that we need to stop mass immigration, and I fully support better intergration of existing immigrants and have some sympathy in relation to these views, however I don't support some of the methods and activities of some of those on the far right who hide behind the likes of Robinson and Hopkins.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-01-2018 at 04:18 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 04:06 AM

You can find some more interesting facts in this video entitled Things AMERICANS Who’ve Never Traveled Don’t Know About the World...

Old 10-01-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Whilst I have no problem with Robinson stating his beliefs or Katie Hopkins, it is rather stupid to keep breaking contempt laws when you know that filming in courts is contempt or filmimg outside courts involving cases which have restrictions due to the narure of the offence and due to the fact velnerable young victims will be giving evidence. I agree that we need to stop mass immigration, and I fully support better intergration of existing immigrants and have some sympathy in relation to these views, however I don't support some of the methods and activities of some of those on the far right who hide behind the likes of Robinson and Hopkins.
BNW, you and I are on friendly terms, and we both agree to disagree on Tommy Robinson. We both agree massive immigration to these islands needs to end. You support better integration of existing immigrants.

This is not going to happen with Muslims. They self isolate. They do it wherever they are found in Europe. What Tommy says about them, is from personal experience. What I say is from personal experience also. I have observed them with interest for many decades.

The Muslims want to shut Tommy up. He went through a hard time during his last jailing. Did you see him when he came out, and the obvious weight loss? Someone up above is determined to frighten Tommy, and make him give up his fight. Why, I don't know, but he believes this, and so do I.

These islands have been invaded for many decades by foreigners. Some of them wish us harm. Yet, still it continues. Why? If I knew why this has been done to us, I would sleep better at night.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
He has no military, or guns to protect him. If you watched the video you would see why I consider him a brave man.
Watching a video of a man self aggrandizing himself and overstating his hardships imposed by his own folly…….please! When he steps up and really puts himself in harm's way as millions of others before him have, then he will have assumed the worthiness of the patriot moniker.

'Til then he's just another gas-bag seeking the camera's eye by agreeing to every interview where there will be video of him soapboxing.

He desperately wants to have a seat at the table with the rest of the big boys. He might actually get it given the propensity for bigotry growing tentacles everywhere these days.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Watching a video of a man self aggrandizing himself and overstating his hardships imposed by his own folly…….please! When he stops up and really puts himself in harm's way as millions of others before him have, then he will have assumed the worthiness of the patriot moniker.

'Til then he's just another gas-bag seeking the camera's eye by agreeing to every interview where there will be video of him soapboxing.

He desperately wants to have a seat at the table with the rest of the big boys. He might actually get it given the propensity for bigotry growing tentacles everywhere these days.
Wow. I can see you have no intention of watching the video I posted. He is in harms way every day of his life. His enemies know where he lives. He walks the streets alone, and carries on his fight. I put myself in harms way for my country as a young man. I recognise a brave man when I see one.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
BNW, you and I are on friendly terms, and we both agree to disagree on Tommy Robinson. We both agree massive immigration to these islands needs to end. You support better integration of existing immigrants.

This is not going to happen with Muslims. They self isolate. They do it wherever they are found in Europe. What Tommy says about them, is from personal experience. What I say is from personal experience also. I have observed them with interest for many decades.

The Muslims want to shut Tommy up. He went through a hard time during his last jailing. Did you see him when he came out, and the obvious weight loss? Someone up above is determined to frighten Tommy, and make him give up his fight. Why, I don't know, but he believes this, and so do I.

These islands have been invaded for many decades by foreigners. Some of them wish us harm. Yet, still it continues. Why? If I knew why this has been done to us, I would sleep better at night.
I agree there is a problem with some Muslims, and I agree regarding immigration.

Some rather less Religious Muslims do intergrate, indeed it's mainly the more orthodox islamic communities that don't intergrate, and this is the same with the Jewish community.

You can go to places that have significant Orthodx Jewish populations such as parts of London or Gatehead and they don't really intergrate well, indeed they marry within the community and adhere to strict dress codes and even stricter religious doctrine. However there are lots of Jewish people who are not orthodox and although they are still religious they embrace western society and it's valuies and intergrate well.

List of Orthodox Jewish communities in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Stamford Hill's ultra-Orthodox Jewish community is moving to Canvey Island – as a rabbi, I'm cautiously optimistic - The Independent

Why Orthodox Jews are flocking to this gritty English town | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Inside the private world of London's ultra-Orthodox Jews - Telegraph

Orthodox religous ghettos are what we need to put an end to, if you come here you should be willing to intergrate and to embrace democratic western values.

It's worth remembering that Orthodix Jewish Communities are often just as insular, and it's also worth considering what Robinson and Hopkins would sound like if you replaced the world Islam or Muslim with Hebrew and Jewish. The hard left are increasingly anti-semitic as Corbyn and his cronies have recently demonstrated, however the Far Right tend to encompass a wide range of views and Robinson and Hopkins are merely figureheads for a diversity of groups some with very warped ideas.

I agree with that element, however I have never been a fan of the far right or the hard left, as political extremists often have a hidden agenda. I am not saying Robinson or indeed Hopkins have an agenda, as they are merely the mouth pieces of the far right, however there is often a very nasty element just beaneath the surface of the far right and hard left.

Robinson and Hopkins are also not above the law and should respect laws in relation to filming in courts or potentially breaching reporting restrictions which are often designed to protect vulnerable witnesses.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-01-2018 at 07:01 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I agree there is a problem with some Muslims, and I agree regarding immigration.

Some rather less Religious Muslims do intergrate, indeed it's mainly the more orthodox islamic communities that don't intergrate, and this is the same with the Jewish community.

You can go to places that have significant Orthodx Jewish populations such as parts of London or Gatehead and they don't really intergrate well, indeed they marry within the community and adhere to strict dress codes and even stricter religious doctrine. However there are lots of Jewish people who are not orthodox and although they are still religious they embrace western society and it's valuies and intergrate well.

Orthodox religous ghettos are what we need to put an end to, if you come here you should be willing to intergrate and to embrace democratic western values.

It's worth remembering that Orthodix Jewish Communities are often just as insular, and it's also worth considering what Robinson and Hopkins would sound like if you replaced the world Islam or Muslim with Hebrew and Jewish. The hard left are increasingly anti-semitic as Corbyn and his cronies have recently demonstrated, however the Far Right tend to encompass a wide range of views and Robinson and Hopkins are merely figureheads for a diversity of groups some with very warped ideas.

I agree with that element, however I have never been a fan of the far right or the hard left, as political extremists often have a hidden agenda. I am not saying Robinson or indeed Hopkins have an agenda, as they are merely the mouth pieces of the far right, however there is often a very nasty element just beaneath the surface of the far right and hard left.

Robinson and Hopkins are also not above the law and should respect laws in relation to filming in courts or potentially breaching reporting restrictions which are often designed to protect vulnerable witnesses.
BNW, I don't see Orthodox Jews driving a car over a soldier in London, and then trying to cut his head off. Also, they don't drive along a road over the River Thames knocking over innocent pedestrians, then jumping out of the vehicle, to stab a police officer to death.

When they do, I'll start worrying about Orthodox Jews.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
BNW, I don't see Orthodox Jews driving a car over a soldier in London, and then trying to cut his head off. Also, they don't drive along a road over the River Thames knocking over innocent pedestrians, then jumping out of the vehicle, to stab a police officer to death.

When they do, I'll start worrying about Orthodox Jews.
Jewish terrorists organisatons such as Irgun, the Lehi, the Haganah and the Palmach killed British Soldiers during the British Palestine Mandate, and there were anti-jewsh riots in a number of British cities.

The Jews are now our allies and we have good relations with them, but this wasn't always the case.

In terms of a number of recent terrorist attacks they were quite often carried out by converts who were not even born in to Islamic communities.

I have already stated that I don't agree with orthodox fundamentalist religion, and I agree with some of Robinsons and indeed Hopkins points, however that does not mean that I believe in disregarding the law in relation to the Courts or that I agree with a lot of the views of political extremists and that includes the hard left and far right.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-01-2018 at 07:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies