Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
There are always nefarious people, both male and female. You know how you smoke them out? By taking people seriously and investigating first. THEN you can proceed with the name-calling. You don’t start with the premise that in these cases, women are usually liars and should not be taken seriously.
Didn't say you should start with that premise.....but, if you're being truthful to yourself and everyone else, that IS the premise that is almost always taken with the accused male. So, I agree that cases should be thoroughly investigated and taken seriously...but the prejudice of probable guilt of the male is always at the forefront and few wait before deciding (or at least personally convincing themselves) that the guy is most likely guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 06:25 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that "No means No". Unspoken assumptions. You know what they say about "assume".
That's not true and any guy with experience knows it....there are females who say "no" without really meaning it but are playing coy or don't want to be seen as too easy and get such a reputation....it's called "token resistance".. But it's very obvious to discern a real "NO!" as opposed to a token "no".:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3379584

"We investigated whether women ever engage in token resistance to sex--saying no but meaning yes--and, if they do, what their reasons are for doing so. A questionnaire administered to 610 undergraduate women asked whether they had ever engaged in token resistance and, if so, asked them to rate the importance of 26 possible reasons. We found that 39.3% of the women had engaged in token resistance at least once. Their reasons fell into three categories: practical, inhibition-related, and manipulative reasons."

Old 09-30-2018, 06:31 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am 54, and I haven't been naive for a very long time. Going into a man's bedroom in his house or apartment probably does imply openness to sex. Doing so in a shared house or a dorm is different, IMO. The room isn't just a bedroom, it's that person's living space, and probably the only place that affords any real sense of privacy. You may equate privacy with sex and only sex, but I do not.
It doesn't matter what you or I think. It matter's what the person living in that private space thinks.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that "No means No". Unspoken assumptions. You know what they say about "assume".
I said as much, but its smart not to put yourself in situations that could send a wrong signal.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No 15 year old understands the opposite sex. In fact who does
We were talking about dorm rooms...…..not many 15 year olds there.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:04 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If a young girl is naive enough to think that it will not include advances when she disappears from a party with a young man, especially if drinking is involved, then her mother/parent has done a terrible job at teaching her to look out for her own safety and proclivities of young men. Playing innocent and expecting others to always do the right thing can be dangerous. Which does not excuse bad behavior by young men but why do it in the first place?
Think big picture - you MAY be able to reduce your risk as a woman by locking yourself away to varying degrees. But that does nothing to reduce the incidence of rape in general. Men will always be in search of the weakest victim.

I often hear the joke about "not having to run faster than a bear, I just have to run faster than my friend". That's what this is like - you may be able to "outrun" your friend, but SOMEONE will end up suffering. How do we stop THAT? I want to stop the bear, not just protect myself...so let's work to make society safer for everyone.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:13 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That is a ridiculous "either/or" and you damn well know it. Just stop.
No, it’s the truth. Why do you run away from it, other than the fact that it accurately describes the feminist hypocrisy that has infected our society?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, it’s the truth. Why do you run away from it, other than the fact that it accurately describes the feminist hypocrisy that has infected our society?
I am not running away from anything. I disagree with you.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:25 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Think big picture - you MAY be able to reduce your risk as a woman by locking yourself away to varying degrees. But that does nothing to reduce the incidence of rape in general. Men will always be in search of the weakest victim.

I often hear the joke about "not having to run faster than a bear, I just have to run faster than my friend". That's what this is like - you may be able to "outrun" your friend, but SOMEONE will end up suffering. How do we stop THAT? I want to stop the bear, not just protect myself...so let's work to make society safer for everyone.
I agree.

I'm about to say something that will get me in trouble with the SJWs on here. And this goes directly back to why women wait. I think it is incredibly selfish for women who have been assaulted or raped to not come forward. They know the perp will do it to others. They have a chance to stop the perp and they choose not to stop the perp.

There have been women who refuse to testify because they don't want to relive the moment or whatever other reason. They are basically saying he's other womens problem now.

As long as there are women who wait or don't report at all, the perps will continue to thrive.

Raise shields and prepare for SJWs.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:27 AM

149 posts, read 104,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
There’s a lot of complex reasons why women don’t report, but I think the answer to your question is fundamentally pretty simple.

Imagine calling the police to report a robbery. Imagine having them tell you that because it was your fault, they weren’t going to bother looking into it, why on earth were you whining about it, and wasting their time. Imagine having that happen over and over and over.

Stop using your imagination to think of worst case scenarios and just report it. The worst has already happened.

Otherwise, as a penalty for not reporting in a timely manner, you are not to be believed and your case dismissed out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies