Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:03 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

I noticed in the political discussion, Democrats never discuss policy. It's almost like they don't even know about policy. When they don't agree with you, they just attack your character. So, let's discuss some policy here. No character assassinations please.

I will start. Do you think that taxpayers should pay a private organization to fund abortions? I don't think so. I am prochoice, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 07:05 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
So that "Bawac" doesn't need to comment in this thread, this is just you imposing your Christian ideology on others; you hate everyone that isn't like you, blah blah blah.

Now let's watch and see what he posts. LOL.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I noticed in the political discussion, Democrats never discuss policy. It's almost like they don't even know about policy. When they don't agree with you, they just attack your character. So, let's discuss some policy here. No character assassinations please.

I will start. Do you think that taxpayers should pay a private organization to fund abortions? I don't think so. I am prochoice, btw.
Want to talk policy? Title it as a policy discussion.

Making the thread title an attack on Democrats is not a way to open a discussion.

We have policy discussions here all the time, abortion, gay marriage, environment, it's all discussed and titled by the topic of the discussion.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:10 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Making the thread title an attack on Democrats is not a way to open a discussion.

We have policy discussions here all the time, abortion, gay marriage, environment, it's all discussed and titled by the topic of the discussion.
And invariably it degenerates to a name calling fest, usually started by a handful of liberal side posters. You're pretty good at not doing it. Patting myself on the back I try to avoid it but sometimes just can't help myself.

I think some people just can't help themselves.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Can Democrats ever discuss POLICY? Clearly they can't. The only surprise is you didn't find some way to blame Trump.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:33 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Still no one answering my POLICY question.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:38 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
I would like to talk about health care.

Our system is broken, and every other civilized country on the planet has figured out how to cover everyone. Single payer is the term usually used, but it is not the only model.

Your opening post does not, BTW, seem to be terribly conducive to an honest discussion about anything.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And invariably it degenerates to a name calling fest, usually started by a handful of liberal side posters. You're pretty good at not doing it. Patting myself on the back I try to avoid it but sometimes just can't help myself.

I think some people just can't help themselves.

Really when the OP starts by attacking liberals and I guess you expect Liberals to just bow down to those that attack them?
Not to mention starting the discussion with a conservative lie.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:40 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Tax payers do not pay private organizations to fund abortions. Quit repeating the conservative lie. Next.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:40 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Really when the OP starts by attacking liberals and I guess you expect Liberals to just bow down to those that attack them?
Apparently you didn't notice that I wasn't addressing the OP but Seacove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies